Today's round was ... (describe in one line)

Nice man! I have some stuff lying around here if your interested. Who knows if Steph will ever get back out there.

May end up taking you up on that down the road. Woods are the big things right now, shes knocking the hell out of her tiny old steel shafted driver, she could be lethal with something else. For irons, I really thinnk I'm going to reshaft the alts for her to try.

May end up taking you up on that down the road. Woods are the big things right now, shes knocking the hell out of her tiny old steel shafted driver, she could be lethal with something else. For irons, I really thinnk I'm going to reshaft the alts for her to try.

We bought her a decent starter set so we have the woods along with a nice Bennington bag and pink Clicgear, etc.

Like watching my Dawgs play yesterday, just when I gave up a good/great shot would happen & renew my faith in my ability.

Kind of embarrassing...tossed a club for the first time in years, then decided that 13 holes was enough, so I left. I was alone, so no-one else had to endure my behavior, but it's still not cool to get that aggravated. The lesson, as always, is that I've got nothing at stake here other than my own enjoyment, so why spoil it with getting upset over a poor stretch of holes. Why I struggle to remember that is a mystery, though.

"fun" played with fellow thper's and was laughing half the time

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

A grind in the freezing cold and harsh wind.

Such a contrast to our round today. We were complaining about it being too hot. It was high 80's here today!

Kind of embarrassing...tossed a club for the first time in years, then decided that 13 holes was enough, so I left. I was alone, so no-one else had to endure my behavior, but it's still not cool to get that aggravated. The lesson, as always, is that I've got nothing at stake here other than my own enjoyment, so why spoil it with getting upset over a poor stretch of holes. Why I struggle to remember that is a mystery, though.

Speaking solely for myself, if I par a few holes then I have it in my head that I can play to that level. Then when the wheels fall off, I get aggravated, frustrated & the longer it goes on, the worse it gets. Then that be magical swing comes along & I'm right back in it

Case in point from today. I was playing badly but a nutted tee shot, then a nutted second shot (par 5) & I walked over to my approach feeling like Phil at the Open. I found my target, took my stance & just knew that I was going to hole out from there. Well, as you've probably already guessed, I nutted the shot but a push hook showed up after it was too late to do anything about it. Missed the green by a mile.

Quick. Twosome, played 11 holes (front 9 plus 10 and 18) in a hour and 15 minutes. Fall, Sunday football, not great weather = NOBODY on the golf course.

Speaking solely for myself, if I par a few holes then I have it in my head that I can play to that level. Then when the wheels fall off, I get aggravated, frustrated & the longer it goes on, the worse it gets. Then that be magical swing comes along & I'm right back in it

Case in point from today. I was playing badly but a nutted tee shot, then a nutted second shot (par 5) & I walked over to my approach feeling like Phil at the Open. I found my target, took my stance & just knew that I was going to hole out from there. Well, as you've probably already guessed, I nutted the shot but a push hook showed up after it was too late to do anything about it. Missed the green by a mile.

I have been on that roller coaster a few times, lol. I think today was just not my day...more bad than good...definitely not Phil at the Open!

I have been on that roller coaster a few times, lol. I think today was just not my day...more bad than good...definitely not Phil at the Open!

It happens, just gotta roll with it. I have trouble trying to force a shot that isn't there. Like I said, I felt like Phil but hit it like Happy Gilmore at the putt putt course. Damn clown!

Today's round was a little wet, but a pretty fun round. Played with a friend, as the other two from our normal foursome had stuff going on. I hit the ball pretty well, broke 100, which was good for me. Came up 2' from the hole on a 191 yard par 3. Left the darn birdie putt short. I've been putting good lately, so there was no excuse for that one. I only topped a couple of shots, I just need to quit trying to lift the ball in the air. When I don't do that my ball striking improves. I either have a setup grip issue, or a swing plane issue, as I like to hit iron shots left, sometimes way left. My driving has improved immensely, I'm not slicing the ball much at all any more.

Tapatalking on my iPad

Today's round?
Non-existent. Took the wife on a wine tasting trip this weekend.

Today's round was ... wonderful to watch on TV from my office chair. Sucks I couldn't play today, but the President's Cup along with NFL was a pretty decent way to mosey my way through a quiet Sunday trying to get ahead on work.

No golf today but yesterdays was a blast.

Round was Saturday, and it was a bit frustrating - tee shots were pretty well struck but everything else was a complete mystery at times, I sank a 30ft putt for a birdie, but had other holes where I 3-putted from 10ft.....and as for my short game, I am not even going to comment

And for the second round in a row, I carded a 6 on a par 3.....this time, I pushed a tee shot into the bunker on the right while going for a pin that was tucked over on that side, no big deal I thought as I would just splash out and see if I could save the par - set up for the shot, hit the sand right where I wanted behind the ball to then see the ball shoot off at a strange angle and a few stones fly out as well so all I can think is that the ball was nestling against the stones that weren't visible and they were between the club and the ball which caused the ball to fly off the way it did - it wasn't the s-word either before anyone suggests that is what it was as the ball flew in completely the wrong direction for a shank. I then made a mess of the subsequent chip back to the green and 3-putted for the 6 :banghead:

Positive, new swing plane, new ball flight...all good :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Yesterday's round was deflating, as I made just about every mistake I could make; from losing balls, shanking one towards a group of people, making no putts outside of two feet and lasering the trees behind the green on a long approach shot

Sunday's round of golf was proof that golf is hard.

No GIR's converted to pars. None. Tee shots were great. Approach shots were tragic. A round of singularly good shots but bad holes and scores.

Wet........ Played a couple of holes today, in preparation for tomorrow's tournament. It was raining like hell, should brought a life jacket with me instead of an umbrella.

Today's round was not to be, I am taking care of my wife as she recovers from her surgery. I hope to get out and play early next week.

...frustrating but with good ball striking. Hit my mid and scoring irons really well, and shot a 74. But, I hit my long irons poorly (weak slices). And, of my 6 bogeys 4 of them were care of Hank Haney's 3 Keys to a Poor Score. No penalty strokes, but had 2 two-chips, and 2 three-putts.

Pretty windy so a challenge at times, but managed a respectable 35 points with a round of 90

Today's round was.... in my mind.

Back