[Showtime] Homeland Season 2 (spoilers)

Decent season opener. Not sure what direction they are going to head in with this season, but I thought it was weird (not in a bad way) that Brody wasn't shown at all in the first episode. Considering they were planning on killing him off in season 1, I think that the writers don't even know how the series is going to pan out. I really enjoy the dialogue in the show, so, to me, they can have watchable shows without a whole lot of action. Interested to see Quinn's role in the hole series as he seems to be one of the bigger characters now. And bringing in Dexter's apprentice into Homeland was kind of funny. Wasn't a fan of him on Dexter, so hopefully he doesn't have a large role this season.

And now no Brody in the 2nd episode?! I'm sticking with it but man it has a way to go for it to get what it was for season 1 and 2. I have no clue why they are spending so much time on Brody's daughter. I get there are issues with the family he left behind but why is she such a main focus so far? Don't get it.

Carrie is crazy again. Been there done that. But like a train wreck, I'm watching to see what happens to her next.

Saul is not the gentle bear we all grew to know over the last few seasons. He's a changed man for better for worse.

I have no idea what direction the show is trying to go but hold out some hope that the writers know what they are doing with this season. More Brody - less kiddos.

Well, finally, we get a Brody sighting and he's exactly where we thought he would be: With Venezuelan rebels?! WTF?! How the heck did he end up here? So many questions. And why is it that these gangsters have a loyalty to Carrie, a middle eastern operative, to keep Brody and pass on the 10M reward?

The pace did pick up a bit and I expect it will get even faster now that the chips have been shown. Brody escape from David's Tower (what a hell hole). Carrie escape from the psych ward? Saul....is he keeping Carrie out of the mix for other reasons of his own? Thankfully the Brody family was kept out of this last episode. Let's keep it that way.

It's still got a ways to go for me but they are showing improvement.

The season is a mess right now, but giving them the benefit of the doubt they know what they're doing...

Sent from my Windows phone using Tapatalk

Best part about last episode: no Dana!

I'm interested to hear the Brody backstory. The parallels between him and Carrie in their "captivation" is interesting.

Thoughts after last nights episode:

- Could this be the last we see of Dana? Please?

- Saul vs Javadi - It's finally upon us.

- Carrie gonna have Brody's baby? Uhhhhhh. Will this bring Brody back to the US? Will his name be cleared now that Javadi has been captured?

- Speaking of Brody.....anyone seen him? Have we seen the last of him? Is the show trying to squeeze him out gently or will he appear again next season?

- What's the Senator up to? Something isn't sitting right with him. Saul has 12 days to keep his job.

- "This is just the f'ing beginning" muttered by Quinn as Javadi is brought in. What's that mean?

I haven't looked around to see what other people think about Dana, but I'm usually right, so I'm going to spout off about what I think. I think the producers have figured out that no one at all in the entire world likes her, and they're removing her from the show. When i say no one, I mean no one. I imagine her own parents wrote a letter to Showtime asking that she be removed from the show so they could resume watching as the rest of the story line had sucked them in, despite their disdain for their own daughter. I couldn't be happier if that is in fact the case.

[Showtime] Homeland Season 2 (spoilers)

I haven't looked around to see what other people think about Dana, but I'm usually right, so I'm going to spout off about what I think. I think the producers have figured out that no one at all in the entire world likes her, and they're removing her from the show. When i say no one, I mean no one. I imagine her own parents wrote a letter to Showtime asking that she be removed from the show so they could resume watching as the rest of the story line had sucked them in, despite their disdain for their own daughter. I couldn't be happier if that is in fact the case.

Dana's storyline has been more confusing than the Iranian soccer goalie's link to Javadi.

I love the show and I know this season is picking up now, but this really has been a very boring season. Plus some things don't really need to be in show, like did javadi really need to stab his ex in the throat with a bottle?

Keep Calm and Golf On.

Things are starting to come together and I'm glad I've hung in there.

You knew that Brody was being held by CIA friendlys but didn't know why. We find out now that he is a heroin junkie and it appears the plan is to break him down and rebuild him into a some type of mercenary or assassin based on the promo for future episodes. Was there any doubt that Saul knew where Brody was the entire time and/or had him stashed there.

Saul is orchestrating a huge plan which Carrie thinks she knows everything and in reality her part is only a small piece - the larger plan is to bring about a regime change in Iran, not just solve who bombed the building. It's actually kind of nice seeing Carrie not the know it all she's been in the past.

Saul's wife's boyfriend......who's he working for?

Anyone else crack a small smile when Carrie was shot? Don't get cocky Carrie, learn what it means when someone says "step the F#@* off!"

anyone else watching this show?

I got hooked and started binge watching. Up to about half way through season 3, great show!

anyone else watching this show?

I got hooked and started binge watching. Up to about half way through season 3, great show!

Yes. Season 3 was wild. I really enjoy the characters.

Just wait, Mike.... Just wait.

New season starts tonight with 2 episodes!

Decent start to the season this past weekend. Not sure why Corey Stoll (Sandy) was killed off so quickly. I figured he would have had a bigger role, unless he was faking his death, for some reason.

Decent start to the season this past weekend. Not sure why Corey Stoll (Sandy) was killed off so quickly. I figured he would have had a bigger role, unless he was faking his death, for some reason.

I dont know man, he took a beating.

Pretty good start IMO as well, Im glad she didnt drown the baby...yet

I swear everytime I turn on the TV Stoll is in something. But alas, I'm pretty sure he's dead, as IMDB has him only in 1 episode. I was pretty shocked as well.

It was kind of slow start, no clue where they're building to, but at least it didn't have Brody's annoying family in it (though I got nervous when they showed the house).

I have been a huge fan from season 1. This new season doesn't seem like it will disappoint so excited to watch again. Almost missed the first two, thank goodness i saw an ad for the new episode.

Anyone still watching this season? Carrie is a freaking nut case, but the tease at the end of Sunday's episode would have been nuts had it been true.

Anyone still watching this season? Carrie is a freaking nut case, but the tease at the end of Sunday's episode would have been nuts had it been true.

Yea my wife and I were looking at each other and agreed if it was real then the show had completely jumped the shark and we were done watching.

Wow great episode tonight. Not on next week which stinks. Bit liking this season so far

Looks like the finale is shaping up to be pretty good. Seeing Dar in the car with Haqqani was a nice twist, but not super surprising as he has been shady all along. I had completely forgotten about him though. Season 4 has been a great rebound from the subpar season 3. Not sure what all could be pulled in the finale, but I would assume that Haqqani is disposed of somehow. Quinn appears to be the strongest character on the show, so I don't see anything major happening to him, but you never know.

i thought the show would struggle w/o Brody but man was i wrong, this season has been really good

Looks like the finale is shaping up to be pretty good. Seeing Dar in the car with Haqqani was a nice twist, but not super surprising as he has been shady all along. I had completely forgotten about him though. Season 4 has been a great rebound from the subpar season 3. Not sure what all could be pulled in the finale, but I would assume that Haqqani is disposed of somehow. Quinn appears to be the strongest character on the show, so I don't see anything major happening to him, but you never know.

Yeah I forgot about him as well. First episode or 2 was slow but man the last few have been great.

i thought the show would struggle w/o Brody but man was i wrong, this season has been really good

They should have killed off Brody after season 1. It has been a hot mess with him in it the last few years. It's back to being good again.

They should have killed off Brody after season 1. It has been a hot mess with him in it the last few years. It's back to being good again.

and does that kid look like him or what???

Back