TX/OU Red River Shootout

I'll be there. I'm coming in from Arlington, so I'll have to leave early as hell to beat traffic. I'll be there when the gates open to get my corny dog fix.

Shouldn't the thread title be OU/TX Red River Shootout?

Maybe run into ya there....we'll be the guys in orange in the beer tent. Can't miss us!

I might be able to get my ticket in this year for a few beer tickets.

Maybe run into ya there....we'll be the guys in orange in the beer tent. Can't miss us!

I might be able to get my ticket in this year for a few beer tickets.

I'm sure. Maybe 8 beer tickets for the 50 yd line. I had my food and beverage tickets delivered to the house today. I hate waiting in those dang ticket lines so I'll gladly pay the $5 shipping charges. If I see you, I'll give you a holler. Deep fried cuban roll?!?! Are you kidding me!!

http://www.bigtex.com/sft/Nav/foodinformation.asp

I'm sure. Maybe 8 beer tickets for the 50 yd line. I had my food and beverage tickets delivered to the house today. I hate waiting in those dang ticket lines so I'll gladly pay the $5 shipping charges. If I see you, I'll give you a holler. Deep fried cuban roll?!?! Are you kidding me!!

http://www.bigtex.com/sft/Nav/foodinformation.asp

Deep Fried Spaghetti and Meatball - Heard it was outstanding
Fernie’s Deep Fried King Ranch Casserole - Better than the meatloaf they say
Texas Fried Fireball - Gotta try this one me thinks

Who else is going to be down there on Saturday? Anyone?

I'll be kicking myself over and over this weekend.

Hope you have a great time. My brother wrestled at OU and has been down there a half a dozen times and always loved it.

It's that time of the year again in Dallas/Ft. Worth and the state fair. Cars will be swarming up and down IH-35 from the North and the South. Golf courses will be packed on Friday with players wearing burnt orange and sooner red. An early start come Saturday morning where beers and Fletchers corn dogs will be had....all before 9am. Kickoff comes at 11am and everyone (esp. the burnt orange this year) prays for a good and close game. Yes, the game doesn't have the flair this year as in past years but it's still a heck of a good time. It all ends back onto the fair grounds where more beer and fried food can be had. Yes, it's that time of year again where grown men can act like boys of their childhood once again. Can't wait!!

I wish I was going Nate. Have a blast buddy

This was the year to do it too! Girlfriend will be at a wedding and it is going to rain all weekend.. I will get down there for one of these soon man. I like beer I like Fletcher's corn dogs and I like golf..

This was the year to do it too! Girlfriend will be at a wedding and it is going to rain all weekend.. I will get down there for one of these soon man. I like beer I like Fletcher's corn dogs and I like golf..

Damn it man. You should know we do this every year! 18 Friday PM, up and leaving the house at 7am Sat and then 18 on Sunday. It's a mancation of mancations.

YESSSS! Wish I could also make it to the game this year, but couldn't work it in. Hopefully the weather holds off for the game and fair activities and hopefully the results are better than last year! I will have to pick up a few blue ribbon corn dogs from the grocery store. Hardly a substitute for Fletchers, but it's better than nothing.

http://bigtex.com/food/choiceawards/

Wish I could get down on the Funnel Cake Ale and Deep Fried Breakfast for Dinner this year.

Edit: and one of these days, we will get the title correctly stated as the OU/TX Red River Shootout!

YESSSS! Wish I could also make it to the game this year, but couldn't work it in. Hopefully the weather holds off for the game and fair activities and hopefully the results are better than last year! I will have to pick up a few blue ribbon corn dogs from the grocery store. Hardly a substitute for Fletchers, but it's better than nothing.

http://bigtex.com/food/choiceawards/

Wish I could get down on the Funnel Cake Ale and Deep Fried Breakfast for Dinner this year.

Edit: and one of these days, we will get the title to correctly stated as the OU/TX Red River Shootout!

Ha-Ha...well the game is held in Texas so it's only natural that TX goes first in the title. You will be missed buddy. One day we must meet down there and get our picture taken in our teams colors together. Last I saw it's suppose to pour Friday night and Saturday early morning and then begin to tapper off towards kickoff and during the game. If that holds up, it should work out for everyone.

Bob Stoops is Ebola patient zero and According to my iPad it's 4:03 and yep....sure enough...OU still sucks

Last edited:
Bon Stoops is Ebola patient zero and According to my iPad it's 4:03 and yep....sure enough...OU still sucks

Never heard of him...

Back