Best Value (<$20 a Doz) Golf Ball

I agree with Hawk....for the $1 a ball category it's hard to beat the Wilson Staff 50 Elite, The Lady Precept is a good all around ball too and I have found TM TP3's pretty cheap lately....that is still one of my favorite balls.

With them only being $13 a dozen on Amazon, I think I found a winner. No tax + free 2 day shipping is a done deal for me. What color would you guys recommend (white, yellow, or orange)? Sounds dumb, but even when I don't hit a ball badly I have a hard time tracking it. I track others balls well, but not mine.

Sorry, haven't tried the colors from W/S. Just have used white.

I’m on a random bucket of 100 3A Top-Flite balls I got for $30 shipped on eBay…hard to beat a 30 cent ball. Heck you can lose 10 of them per round and only be out $3! And they can perform. I shot a 42 with them on Wednesday, and I’m only a 12 handicap.

I've done this a few times though...first I bought good ball new, then good ball used, then cheap ball new, then (now) cheap ball used. Only difference in all of those I’ve noticed is greenside spin or wedge spin, nothing else unless the ball you’re playing is cracked or worse. Sure some have more sidespin and don’t go as far as others, but if you’re a 25 handicap you probably won’t notice all that. Plus with spin you probably don’t get much and/or don’t know how to really use it. So I’d stick with cheap, cheap, cheap for now.

My new stock of balls is the Maxfli U/3 though ($20/dozen). I’ll use those on specific holes or specific rounds where I don’t feel like I’m going to lose any. Golf Digest did a test showing they spin as much as the ProV1, though I have no idea if those results are tangible during regular play.

No votes for the Precept Laddie? 2 dozen for $19.99? That's the ball I used for many months when I first started playing.

I too like the WS 50/50's. Good distance off the tee, soft landings on approach shots. I think it works well for us high handicappers who rely on high ball flight to stick greens. When you're ready to try a 3 piece ball, the Costco Callaway's are steal at $30 for 2 doz. I go back and forth between the two from time to time.

A few years ago I could hardly ever break 100. I decided to buy a dozen TPBlack even though they were out of my price range. First time out with them I shot a 93 my lowest score ever at that time. I think you need to try the TP3. It's a great mid tier ball and it will mark the moment you start believing you ARE a better golfer.

I scrounge the internet for deals, I just bought 6 dozen Zstars for $115.

Local Big-5 Sporting Goods has dozens of used Pro-V1's for $20. In the case of your average dozen, 2 or 3 will say practice on them, a couple will be lake balls, and the rest are brand new logo overrun balls. Not a bad deal, IMO.

A lot of recommendations in here for the Wilson Staff Elite 50s. Having played the Wilson Duo and liked it, is there a glaring difference between the two? Or, is there any reason to spend $7 more per box on the Duos over the Elite 50s?

A lot of recommendations in here for the Wilson Staff Elite 50s. Having played the Wilson Duo and liked it, is there a glaring difference between the two? Or, is there any reason to spend $7 more per box on the Duos over the Elite 50s?

The Duos are good balls, but honestly I couldn't tell much difference....easiest way to know is buy a box and give em a try.

It really depends on your ss and your game. High handicappers should stay with low spinning balls. I wouldn't recommend premium balls like pro v1s. Top flite gamer v2s are impressive. I currently play yellow q stars. No complaints. I've read posts about the snake eyes and will check them out.

If price wary, check out used golf balls. I say 4 a or better. Usually they're less than $1 per ball. It doesn't hurt as much when you lose them in the water or in the rough. Happy shopping

I really like the Wilson Staff 50 Duo balls and I have been finding them for $12.99 a box.

I have played both and they are comparable. My understanding is the Duo holds up better in the changing climates (cold weather) that we are about to deal with.

Said it a million times for the money the Duo is an absolutely phenomenal ball.

I play with the Precept Laddie which is $20 for 2 dozen....Not too shabby and I love the ball.

I like the Wilson staff Zip. Less than $1.00 a ball if I remember correctly. I found one on the course and played it. Liked it. Long enough off the tees, soft on iron shots, good enough spin and soft to putt with. Ordered 6 dozen I think.

Said it a million times for the money the Duo is an absolutely phenomenal ball.

I agree. This ball continues to surprise me. We had a Bridgestone ball fitter at a local driving range here and I hit the DUO up against the E6, and for me, it outperformed the E6 in all the categories. Love the DUO!

I really like the Wilson Staff 50 Duo balls and I have been finding them for $12.99 a box.

Just as an FYI, the Fifty Elite is typically $12.99/doz everywhere, but this is not the Duo. The Duo dozens are $20 most everywhere. that said, the Fifty Elite is a great ball for the price, and is in my bag as I type this.

I have a tendency to lose some balls since I'm a high handicapper, so I prefer to spend $1 per ball or less. I have been playing the Taylormade Superdeep the last few weeks since it was on sale recently, but wanted everyone's opinion on what they think would be the best "budget" golf ball. I noticed the Taylormade Penta TP3 3-dozen box that comes out to $17 per dozen and wanted to know if you thought there were any better balls for the price.

If you really want value, look at the recovered golf ball on ebay. Most were fished from the drink, so they're usually in pretty pristine condition. Can get 60-70% discount on new if you plan on losing them anyway. Lessens the investment for sure, and gets you a nicer ball, if thats what you want

I am a high handicap as well and lose my share of golf balls. The Wilson staff 50 elites feel good for $12.99 a doz. I myself can not get any pleasure out of a urethane ball off the tee at this point in my golf game so I won't spend $40 a dozen either. I have tried Pinnacle Gold, staff 50, noodle long and soft and all of these work pretty well for me for under $16 a dozen. My goal is to find a good cheap ball that I can use exclusively. Check out the noodles as I mentioned above. They are pretty decent for me. One other that I like is the Callaway Diablo.

I'm a slower swing speed player and recently switched to the Precept Lady IQ+ ball. It feels great off of the club and it is hard to beat the price.

As Semi mentioned, I previously played the Noodles. I really like those as well.

I played some Wilson Staff 50 elite balls Saturday and really liked them. I'm going to game them a few more times and maybe use them as my permanent game ball.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk now Free

Gamed the 50 Elite's today... for $13 a dozen, it's a good buy. I think it plays more like a Bridgestone E series. The DUO is still the better ball for the few extra bucks. Really impressed overall with the Wilson equipment lately.

Again, for me, Bridgestone Lady Precepts all day every day. Love them.

Gamed the 50 Elite's today... for $13 a dozen, it's a good buy. I think it plays more like a Bridgestone E series. The DUO is still the better ball for the few extra bucks. Really impressed overall with the Wilson equipment lately.

I bought some duo's also. I didn't game them yet but the 50's felt softer putting around the house than the duo's.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk now Free

Back