The Disney World Thread

Another GG face

2aqedara.jpg
Yes! Love that ride! Morgan going after it there.... Great picture

We are looking to do this next year
We did the cruise a number of years ago! Excellent! There is enough to keep the kids entertained, and there is planet for the older kids (adults) too. And it's done in Disney style! First class all the way. Really was excellent

It was better this year than in year's past I believe. Today we will be dining at Brown Derby for lunch.
yza7ehy4.jpg

Sounds like you're having fun.

Looks like Brett and Mrs G4L are having quite the good time as well!! :clapp:

We did the cruise a number of years ago! Excellent! There is enough to keep the kids entertained, and there is planet for the older kids (adults) too. And it's done in Disney style! First class all the way. Really was excellent

There's a slide that goes out over the railing of the boat. I'm down for that all day haha

GG making her GG ride face.

etupagyr.jpg

It's a shame so few have been able to see the Yeti in it's full moving glory.

I read today that if you bought one of every good item at the Food & Wine Festival, no alcohol, it would cost almost exactly $400. For one person. Add in alcohol and you might be up to $1,000 for everything. Plus however much it would cost to pay someone to carry your drunk @r$e around afterwards, ha.

Saw that so I could see what was available. That was a heck of a price. Definitely worth a phone call, especially if things can be juggled around to make it work for you two.

We've probably done 8+ Disney Cruises. My wife and daughters think they are the BEST. The service is FANTASTIC. Even if you are going as a couple with no kids, still plenty of things to do and an adult only pool is nice. I highly recommend going for it.

I read today that if you bought one of every good item at the Food & Wine Festival, no alcohol, it would cost almost exactly $400. For one person. Add in alcohol and you might be up to $1,000 for everything. Plus however much it would cost to pay someone to carry your drunk @r$e around afterwards, ha.

I think you'd be way full before you hit that number! Last year I think the wife and I spent 110 and we were full and relaxed when we left. Some of the food is a staple at F&W so if you've had it once, no need to repeat unless you really want it again.

That's pretty intense. My gf and I are going this Saturday and will not be spending anywhere near that. I see some difficult choices being made and will sacrifice food for wine =)

We have annual passes, and have for many years. My wife used to be Snow White, and still has a lot of friends that work there. We go there often. You would be hard pressed to find a better pub crawl than Epcot.

We have annual passes, and have for many years. My wife used to be Snow White, and still has a lot of friends that work there. We go there often. You would be hard pressed to find a better pub crawl than Epcot.

So you married a princess. Does she remind you of that fact all the time? I know my wife would. And she'd want a tiara.

I think you'd be way full before you hit that number! Last year I think the wife and I spent 110 and we were full and relaxed when we left. Some of the food is a staple at F&W so if you've had it once, no need to repeat unless you really want it again.

That's about what we spent and we were very satisfied!

That's about what we spent and we were very satisfied!

Us too. We loaded up the Disney little swipe card with 100 bucks and finished it off as we finished and were not only satisfied, but full and enjoyed the drinks as well.

Hard to drink around the world at my age now. Used to do it when I first started working there, made it around once and then half way back. I'd be lucky to make it half way to start now. LOL

What does everyone think of the new Avatarland artwork released over the weekend? I was hesitant when they first announced the deal a few years ago, but now that I see the artwork for it, if they even come close to matching the art it will be the most visually stunning area in any theme park anywhere, especially if they can pull off the night-time effects.

What does everyone think of the new Avatarland artwork released over the weekend? I was hesitant when they first announced the deal a few years ago, but now that I see the artwork for it, if they even come close to matching the art it will be the most visually stunning area in any theme park anywhere, especially if they can pull off the night-time effects.
As long as they dont make it too Avatar character specific they will be fine. One always worries about the long term in regards to basing a whole land around one movie.

As long as they dont make it too Avatar character specific they will be fine. One always worries about the long term in regards to basing a whole land around one movie.

I would have preferred Beastly Kingdom, but this is a good move. Especially considering Cameron has 3 more Avatar movies in the pipeline.

Beastly Kingdom would be cool, but probably hard to make it kid friendly enough.

Tapatalk: Gently Tapped like a downhill three-footer.

Please tell your wife that being Snow White was (still is) my dream job!!!!

This was the view from our room on the Disney Dream this past May. Can't beat dead center on the back of the ship.

2znuwyw.jpg

This was the view from our room on the Disney Dream this past May. Can't beat dead center on the back of the ship.

Oh man that's beautiful. That kinda killed any hesitation about a room upgrade

Back