Week 5 Thread - 2013 THP Fantasy Football

Status
Not open for further replies.
16 team leagues are a joke. Ill never play in one again. If you didn't have first or second round draft pick you get screwed. Match ups are irrelevant IMO .. With no depth how can you do match ups.

Didn't everyone get a 1st and 2nd round pick?

Didn't everyone get a 1st and 2nd round pick?

Of course. That's not what I mean. If you weren't 1 st or 2nd in order.

I was 6th pick iirc .. That means I got 6th pick then my next pick is 21st then 32nd

In a draft that's horrible.

I was 6th pick iirc .. That means I got 6th pick then my next pick is 21st then 32nd

I'm sorry you feel that way but I disagree completely. I was the 14th pick, so my wrap around was 19th and you just have to make them count. You never know who is going to do what in the season, injuries are a constant fear, and the waiver wire is huge. If you aren't active on the waivers and getting those surprise performers, then it's terrible by your own doing. This is all coming from someone who is 0-6, but I'm having a blast and it's with awesome THPers. Yes, it is important to draft well, but you never know.

Ah. Well, I had the 1st and think it's a worse spot in the order. I wonder how everyone who had #1 is doing in all the leagues (I'm 3-3)?

You were probably better off 6th than 1st or 2nd. Think about it. If you were 1st, your second pick wouldn't be til 32. That's 31 of the top players gone before you have 2 players. I was 10th, I'm sitting 5-1. FF is mostly luck anyways. Luck on if your players stay healthy, luck on week to week matchups, etc.

I disagree by a huge margin. My wife picked 9th. She has the most points in league 1.
Her 2nd round pick is a bust so far and so is her 4th round pick.
There were PLENTY of great bargains to be had late.

I'm sorry you feel that way but I disagree completely. I was the 14th pick, so my wrap around was 19th and you just have to make them count. You never know who is going to do what in the season, injuries are a constant fear, and the waiver wire is huge. If you aren't active on the waivers and getting those surprise performers, then it's terrible by your own doing. This is all coming from someone who is 0-6, but I'm having a blast and it's with awesome THPers. Yes, it is important to draft well, but you never know.

Lol the waiver wire is thinner than gas. My team on paper gets better every week but I score less every week.

I disagree by a huge margin. My wife picked 9th. She has the most points in league 1.
Her 2nd round pick is a bust so far and so is her 4th round pick.
There were PLENTY of great bargains to be had late.

That's ok we can agree to disagree

I picked up Moreno on waivers. Rice was my first rounder and he has been awful most weeks. Still I am 4-2. The draft position has very little to do with it IMO.

There is nothing to agree to disagree on. You said that if you did not have the 1st or 2nd pick you had no choice. Each and every league says otherwise.

Lol the waiver wire is thinner than gas. My team on paper gets better every week but I score less every week.

Can that not happen in any league? A 16 team league requires a lot of research, that is much different than an 8 or 10 or 12 team league IMO. Takes research and some risks. I have enjoyed it the 3 years I have played in it, and the best I have done is .500. It is more than trying to win, but also the trash talk on THP that is awesome as well

There is nothing to agree to disagree on. You said that if you did not have the 1st or 2nd pick you had no choice. Each and every league says otherwise.

Can you post records of everyone who picked 1st or too troublesome?

Ok someone give me a good example how research payed off ? I think I'm pretty good at research and every move I make is well researched yet all I do is clog the toilet more

Ok someone give me a good example how research payed off ? I think I'm pretty good at research and every move I make is well researched yet all I do is clog the toilet more

GG is the example IMO. She researches her butt off and it pays off every year in her late round picks.

Can you post records of everyone who picked 1st or too troublesome?

It will take a bit once things settle down here, but it can be done. I can tell you in league #1 the team that picked 1st is 3-3 and a game or two behind their division leader. The team that picked 2nd is 2-3-1 and further back.
The team that picked 9th is 5-1 and has scored the most points in that league.

Julius Thomas is how research paid off.
Josh Gordon is how research paid off.

Here's league 3 draft positions and record (for the record I think this has nothing to do with much):

1. 4-2
2. 4-2
3. 1-5
4. 3-3
5. 3-3
6. 5-1
7. 5-1
8. 0-6
9. 1-5
10. 5-1 (me)
11. 3-3
12. 1-5
13. 4-2
14. 3-3
15. 1-5
16. 5-1

Sure there is , if you have no depth at rb1-2 and make the mistake of grabbing a top wr1 first round there will be zero depth in the run game. That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it lol

I gotta say I'm not a fan of the 16 team league either, but I don't think it is in any way unfair.

Looks like you should have drafted 6th in our league, you'd be 5-1 :)

Ah. Well, I had the 1st and think it's a worse spot in the order. I wonder how everyone who had #1 is doing in all the leagues (I'm 3-3)?

3-2-1.

It really isn't thin at all, especially early and with injuries. Case and point: Julius Thomas (Unless you are Mike Hunt and drafted him). Case and point: Harry Douglas (No. 1 WR in ATL right now with injuries). The list can go on. I have probably 4 players left that I drafted with only 2 being worth while. Stuff happens man, I've been projected to go 4-2, yet I am 0-6. It's not real, it's just for fun, and that's the way it should be.

In League one

1st Pick- 3-3
2nd Pick- 2-3-1

Clearly 1st and 2nd picks are the only ones who can win

Don't take me wrong I'm not kicking my neighbors cat. I think I made a great draft and made some great moves. Just hasn't panned out. Injuries have been a mother

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back