Cobra Tour Trusty Wedge Preview

Some in hands with the DSLR after I got home, heck of a day. Very useful club for me in certain spots I see on my course, easy up and easy down. Also did really well with NOT pulling it when I could hit a 54 or 58 just as easily, I will NOT lean on this one too much. YES, there is a mark on the toe, deal with it :alien:

There's a mark on the toe of mine as well... I think they must come like that or something. :act-up:

They are such a good looking club. I just really want to hit them before I pull the trigger on them. I'm going to go 50* 54* bent to 55* and a 60* as soon as I get a chance to swing them.

They are such a good looking club. I just really want to hit them before I pull the trigger on them. I'm going to go 50* 54* bent to 55* and a 60* as soon as I get a chance to swing them.

I got your pictures up :alien:

I'd love to spend some time with one in the 55 range just to have a more direct comparison with my Hopkins.

I got your pictures up :alien:

I'd love to spend some time with one in the 55 range just to have a more direct comparison with my Hopkins.

I saw! Such an appealing club. Have you ever hit vokey's? How are in the comparison?

I saw! Such an appealing club. Have you ever hit vokey's? How are in the comparison?

Been a long time dude. That said, it was mentioned about these in Cali that they want to get the Vokey's out of their guys bags and worked with them (players) closely on the overall design and weighting to try and get something they were comfortable with but actually preferred.

If these work anything like the limited edition #gotime version I will likely be adding a couple to the bag in 2014.

If these work anything like the limited edition #gotime version I will likely be adding a couple to the bag in 2014.

Better, buuuuuut shaft from s400 to s200 has a role there.

I miss yelling "GO TIME!" with my Erik and trying to conquer par 4's with only a 55*.

And the beaver pelt....

my6u2e3e.jpg

Best 55* shot ever.

That S400 was no bueno. Shaft change really turned that into a terrific wedge. Very interested to see what the K grind will do for my game.

After seeing Ryan's in person yesterday, I think Cobra improved on the trusty rusty in a great way, the head shape looks amazing at address.

I see a 58 degree in my near future. These are gorgeous.

It's been raining for the last 3 days, looks like I will be able to get the new 56* out this weekend :)

So I was in GG yesterday and got to see these in person for the first time. I was bummed they didn't have any of the black in stock, but I was a little disappointed in finding the 60* only comes in 2 bounce options 10 which is way to much bounce on a 60* for my comfort level and 6 which I'd have to see in person. Right now my 60* only has 4. I felt like the 10 I couldn't even come close to opening it up the way I like to around the green. The head shape I really liked tho.

So I was in GG yesterday and got to see these in person for the first time. I was bummed they didn't have any of the black in stock, but I was a little disappointed in finding the 60* only comes in 2 bounce options 10 which is way to much bounce on a 60* for my comfort level and 6 which I'd have to see in person. Right now my 60* only has 4. I felt like the 10 I couldn't even come close to opening it up the way I like to around the green. The head shape I really liked tho.

The bounce options are limited mainly b/c of the versatility of the K-grind FWIW

The bounce options are limited mainly b/c of the versatility of the K-grind FWIW

Do you know how much bounce is adjusted when you bend strong or weak? This could allow one sort of customize a bounce if they can get to a desired number? Thoughts

I did like the look of the grind. It's definitely something I'm going to have to look closer at and actually hit the clubs.

Do you know how much bounce is adjusted when you bend strong or weak? This could allow one sort of customize a bounce if they can get to a desired number? Thoughts

This was a thought as well. Whatever set I switch too I'm going to 50-54 or 56 bent to 55-60 from my set now that is 52-56-60, so I thought I may be able to tinker with them.

I could be wrong but it was my understanding that for every degree you weaken the loft of the club you add a degree of bounce and for every degree you strengthen the loft by you lose a degree of bounce.

Am I crazy to think a 52, 58, 64 setup would be awesome?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

I could be wrong but it was my understanding that for every degree you weaken the loft of the club you add a degree of bounce and for every degree you strengthen the loft by you lose a degree of bounce.
This is how I have always approached it. But James spoke with R&D and thought maybe he could shed some light on the situation

I have the 60-10 Tour Trusty. I can say for a fact that the K grind, more specifically the heel relief, allows you to open the club up as much as you'd really want. I've flopped from the first cut with ease. If you have any questions about that setup, feel free to let me know and I'd be happy to answer as best as I can.

Jman, what's your verdict on the 64? Useful addition to your bag. What percentage of your shots are 100%? What distance do you see with full shots?

This is how I have always approached it. But James spoke with R&D and thought maybe he could shed some light on the situation

Its like any other wedge in that department when it comes to the bending and the impacts on bounce Freddie, no biggie either way there. The nice thing is that they have lofts from 48 to 64 in 2* increments so there are definitely lots of option if one wanted to take them one way or another for specific numbers and bounce changes.

Jman, what's your verdict on the 64? Useful addition to your bag. What percentage of your shots are 100%? What distance do you see with full shots?

Useful. Very for me around the green.

0%, the second I start full swinging it, its gone. Only trouble can come from that IMO.

Jman, would you indulge me and get a photo of the S55 PW up against your Tour Trusty. I am curious how similar the head shape is to each.

Jman, would you indulge me and get a photo of the S55 PW up against your Tour Trusty. I am curious how similar the head shape is to each.

I'll be sure to grab one for you tomorrow dude, sticks are out in the car for tomorrow.

So I got to demo these indoors today. All I can say is wow. I'm really really impressed with these. Not surprised at all after how much I enjoy my ACP's I would expect nothing less from Cobra. My concerns about the 60* having too high of bounce were not existent. I had no issues opening it up in the fluffy stuff. I felt like the the weight was a little bit more towards the head of the club than my Vokey's which I enjoyed. I was getting about the same to a little more distance on the Tour Trusty 52 than my Vokey. I can't wait till the spring to hit these outside.

Back