The Disney World Thread

Port Canaveral or Miami. The former is the better port, but if you were going with us, either works, because flights would fly to us if they could not be right to port and drive over in the new minivan buddy...hehe

I think we need to make this happen. When is the best time to go?

I think we need to make this happen. When is the best time to go?

PM sent, rather than fill this thread with dates.

Wife and I will be there the week prior to Love is in the Air if you and GG would like to join us for dinner at Epcot.

So very kind. We will see how the schedule unfolds, but that is a gracious offer.

Awesome! Mine is at 44 days!

31 days. Winning! Ha

Everyone is a winner with Disney. Except those pesky roller-coaster loving teenagers, ruining all our fun ;)

Tapatalk: Gently Tapped like a downhill three-footer.

31 days. Winning! Ha

Everyone is a winner with Disney. Except those pesky roller-coaster loving teenagers, ruining all our fun ;)

Everest, Dinosaur, Test Track, Rockin Roller Coaster, Tower of Terror, Space Mountain, Thunder Mountain, and maybe Soarin? are disappoint.

Everest, Dinosaur, Test Track, Rockin Roller Coaster, Tower of Terror, Space Mountain, Thunder Mountain, and maybe Soarin? are disappoint.

And some could even include Splash Mountain.
Star Tours is similar to a few rides at Universal too.

You don't have to sell me. But as has been pointed out here and any Disney forum you find, most teenagers would rather go elsewhere than WDW even with all the thrill rides Disney has to offer.

Soarin and test track are certainly not thrilling. I'll give you everest, rockin and tower of terror, and space and thunder mountain get half points. So 4 thrill rides in 4 parks. I love Disney, but it isn't the best option for thrill seekers.

And some could even include Splash Mountain.
Star Tours is similar to a few rides at Universal too.

Agreed, I usually skip because I don't enjoy watery rests of the day.

Wake, Test Track hits 68 or so mph at the end. It's got some movement. Soarin is just relaxing.

Agreed, I usually skip because I don't enjoy watery rests of the day.

Wake, Test Track hits 68 or so mph at the end. It's got some movement. Soarin is just relaxing.
You mean that same speed JB did in his minivan on the way there?

Soarin is great but like you said relaxing, Test Track is just lame. Agree with JB though, awesome ride.

Speaking of Soarin (love that ride), next year it is getting upgraded. Video will be the same, but it is going to be 4k or 8k video, that the rumor says will be better than Imax.

Then in late 2015 to early 2016, the ride will change to Soarin Over The World and feature 15 different cities.

Speaking of Soarin (love that ride), next year it is getting upgraded. Video will be the same, but it is going to be 4k or 8k video, that the rumor says will be better than Imax.

Then in late 2015 to early 2016, the ride will change to Soarin Over The World and feature 15 different cities.

Very cool

Didn't read the whole thread so this may be repeats:

* If you're going to DW then you just must have The Unofficial Guide to Disney World. It's awesome - the guy covers everything, tells it like it is and doesn't let DW "vet" it before it goes out. So it's the real deal. Best places to eat, when to go, how long ride wait times are and more. Much much more. No, I don't get a commish but this book is the handbook for a successful trip to DW. DW is a BIG place and the first thing they do is attach a hose to your wallet and start sucking. If you go without a plan you're going to be very very disappointed - end up confused, dazed and broke.

* We just got back from the Food festival at EPCOT. Did the Magic Bands. Uh-mazing. Really fun. And you can sked everything in advance. We had a blast.

* DW is not just for folks with kids. Yes, it's fun with kids but it is a LOT of fun when it's just you and the wife!

Whoa, I hadn't heard that. About time, I'm tired of California!

What dates are you goin to be there? Golfing ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
We are going Nov 30 - Dec 7. Unfortunantly no golf for me. Heading down with my family, brothers fam, and two sets of grandparents. Gonna be quite the heard stomping through the parks!

Spider-Man over at IOA was recently converted to 4k and is supposedly amazing. As with Disney rumors, it's hard to believe anything until they confirm it. I've been waiting for Mt Fuji at the Japan Pavilion and the return of the Dreamfinder forever.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

Spider-Man over at IOA was recently converted to 4k and is supposedly amazing. As with Disney rumors, it's hard to believe anything until they confirm it. I've been waiting for Mt Fuji at the Japan Pavilion and the return of the Dreamfinder forever.

Been on it numerous times. It's noticeably clearer. The Transformers ride is also pretty fun and I'm pretty sure 4k as well

I love Epcot so much but Future World needs so much attention. I would preferred an update instead of Avatar Land. But I know AK needs to start increasing gate so hopefully Epcot is next up for some love. If Disney needs some ideas I got a great one to replace the useless Captain Eo.

I love Epcot so much but Future World needs so much attention. I would preferred an update instead of Avatar Land. But I know AK needs to start increasing gate so hopefully Epcot is next up for some love. If Disney needs some ideas I got a great one to replace the useless Captain Eo.

You could replace Eo with a bathroom and it'd get more people in and out of there than that ride. I laughed when I saw it got a Fastpass+ station.

I'm sure they'll think of something fun to put there at some point. I'm interested to see how the Snow White mine ride pans out next year. I don't even know what was there before

You could replace Eo with a bathroom and it'd get more people in and out of there than that ride. I laughed when I saw it got a Fastpass+ station.

I'm sure they'll think of something fun to put there at some point. I'm interested to see how the Snow White mine ride pans out next year. I don't even know what was there before

I think it was the open area over by Winnie the Pooh. i think it uses some of the area that 20K Leagues use to occupy.

Been on it numerous times. It's noticeably clearer. The Transformers ride is also pretty fun and I'm pretty sure 4k as well

Spiderman & Transformers are both 4k HD and also feature 12 channel audio on the vehicles. A huge improvement over the standard definition and 4 channel audio of the original Spiderman ride.

New animation has recently been added that adds Stan Lee cameos twice more on Spiderman so that he is now seen 4 times instead of the original 2 when the upgraded Spiderman first reopened in March 2012.

I did enjoy the Stan Lee cameos. He's like a fun Waldo

The wife and I went to WDW last year for about a week, and had an awesome time. This thread brings back a lot if memories. Wishes, illuminations, Star Tours 874 times, so much fun. We stayed on site at the Port Orleans French Quarter. We had the meal plan. I was like JB is talking about with the cruise. I did so much research, and so much planning before we left. We are another Childless family, although my wife would probably sometimes disagree. The highlight of my trip was the Petty driving experience at the Disney world racetrack. Nothing like hitting 140 mph down the back stretch. Ready to go back now.

Tapatalking on my iPad

You can bank on this one. Its a done deal.
The only thing I am unsure of is whether or not it is 4k or 8k.

I heard EO was staying for now as part of a deal for some of his music.

Back