NHL 2013-2014 Season

This response is pathetic. You'll judge everything that's happened thus far based on 10 minutes of hockey.

Nice troll attempt.

TTing

I'm sorry? :beat-up: Check the timestamps.

As far as judging everything 'on 10 minutes of hockey', I'm not the one throwing around predictions and expectations that I have no idea what they mean.

It's about time the Kings won! I thought we were headed for a new world.

Canucks with an easy win last night against Buffalo. Wow are they a bad team right now.

Canadiens with 4 in a row, not all flawless victories, but it fun to see, and Price is really playing great lately

Canes beat the Leafs !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL. That"s funny right there.:banana:

Scott

Another Kronwall KOed on the same page? Why not...

So, this should get games, but how stupid is he for not putting himself in position to take a hit? This is a guy who hits ALL the time, and he isn't smart enough to grab the puck while curling along the boards? This is a great examples of dudes trying to play the game behind the rulebook, as though it has some sort of glorious Sonic-like shield engulfing them. Dumb.

Yeah, it was a bad play by Kronwall. FWIW he said to Swedish media that it was his own fault.

So, this should get games, but how stupid is he for not putting himself in position to take a hit? This is a guy who hits ALL the time, and he isn't smart enough to grab the puck while curling along the boards? This is a great examples of dudes trying to play the game behind the rulebook, as though it has some sort of glorious Sonic-like shield engulfing them. Dumb.

To go with consistency yes this should get games. However it was Kronwalls own fault. Major sports leagues are starting to protect to much imo. These hits have always been in the game and suspending someone for 5 games wont get it out of the game. If people start feeling safe they will put themselves into a compromising position that one day they wont be able to get out of.

There are plenty of teams with some serious D needs. Hell, even some oilers fans were saying Yakupov for Gardiner if they can extend him long term.

Leafs fans maybe. Not Oiler fans. We would be nuts to give up a 20 year old kid like him, except for exceptional goaltending.

He'll definitely get a couple of game. The Shanaban wheel turns, turns! Pretty poor play by Kronwall, I think MacLeod was well past the point of no return and then Kronwall turned and got low enough to get lit up! Hope he's ok.

There are plenty of teams with some serious D needs. Hell, even some oilers fans were saying Yakupov for Gardiner if they can extend him long term.

There was a time earlier this year that I was hoping the Ducks would look into reacquiring Gardiner. Then I heard that the Leafs were likely asking for Emerson Etem and I said, "well, forget that". And then our kid defensemen Sami Vatanen and Hampus Lindholm started playing quite well and so far all is right with the world.

So nice to see Thomas take the loss.

I agree completely. You see guys turning their backs at the last second and drawing penalties all the time. You have a guy skating hard to make a hit and then a split second to pull-off...not gonna happen.

Three trades the woeful Sabres should make:
- Miller for Yakupov
- Vanek for Croyle and a 1st (He's going to Minnesota anyways)
- Grigorenko for Statsny (Hopefully Roy loves him from coaching him in Juniors)

Three trades the woeful Sabres should make:
- Miller for Yakupov
- Vanek for Croyle and a 1st (He's going to Minnesota anyways)
- Grigorenko for Statsny (Hopefully Roy loves him from coaching him in Juniors)

None of those would even be considered.
Miller is on the downside of his career at 33 and his only accomplishment is losing for a silver medal. Yakupov is a 1st overall pick who has just started his career.

Avs will hold on to Statsny for the entire season pending on where they are in the standings come the trade deadline. If they are out they will ship him out to a team as a rental.

Vanek isn't worth a first on his own let alone adding a solid d man your wanting way too much.

None of those would even be considered.
Miller is on the downside of his career at 33 and his only accomplishment is losing for a silver medal. Yakupov is a 1st overall pick who has just started his career.

Avs will hold on to Statsny for the entire season pending on where they are in the standings come the trade deadline. If they are out they will ship him out to a team as a rental.

Vanek isn't worth a first on his own let alone adding a solid d man your wanting way too much.

Not so far fetched. And the first one has already been considered.
The Yakupov for Miller was a pretty solid rumor and Edmonton needs goaltending and Yakupov is losing favor there. Reason that won't happen is Edmonton is not on Miller's list of teams he'll approve a trade to. And he was also the Olympic MVP the year USA won the silver and has a Vezina.
Croyle is a forward not a D and Vanek will go for a first if not more at the trade deadline. Look what Pominville went for.
Only one that's a stretch is Grigorenko. He's shown he's not NHL ready, but a lot of players in Buffalo look like that.

Last edited:
Why do people insist on making the most ridiculous trades and thinking they're "possible"?

Hi Gents.

Why do people insist on making the most ridiculous trades and thinking they're "possible"?

Hi Gents.

What's so ridiculous? The Edmonton/Buffalo trade rumor was on the news and they've constantly been talking about Vanek to Minnesota.

I don't remember quoting anyone in particular.

hahaha I'll just stop now.

The hit will get games, but Kronwall's fault. Not only did he turn at the last second but he was couched over. It was going to be ugly and McLeod was already committed to the hit.

Blackhawks lose first 2 games in the Blues series. Major facepalm.

The Kronwall's fault or not, it was front behind and charging. Not to mention he was knocked out.

The Kronwall's fault or not, it was front behind and charging. Not to mention he was knocked out.

Agree here. Kronwall made it worse by ducking, but the guy lined him up from behind at the dot.

Hahahaha from Sean (DowngoesBrown)

"This week’s hockey pool owner that we all hate is the guy who owns Ryan Miller and keeps wasting everyone’s time with completely unrealistic trade offers.
Like that one from earlier this week, where he was trying to get Nail Yakupov. I mean, come on, man, this is a keeper league, and nobody is going to trade a 20-year-old former first overall pick for a 33-year-old goalie who hasn’t even been all that good for three years. This is a serious league and we’re trying to keep it realistic, so stop annoying everyone with ridiculous …
I’m sorry, what?
Really? An actual NHL rumor, you say? Reported in a legitimate newspaper and everything? Not just some terrible trade offer in my Yahoo hockey league?
Huh.
Well then … good luck with that, Buffalo. And for the sake of Oilers fans, here’s hoping the league was set up to allow the other owners to veto really awful trades."

Tonight is a big game for a Leafs. Chicago is a very dynamic team and it should prove for some fun hockey. I hope its a good watch.

Tonight is a big game for a Leafs. Chicago is a very dynamic team and it should prove for some fun hockey. I hope its a good watch.

Looking forward to it, too. It's hard to know what to expect with al lot of these East/West matchups.

Back