ClubCorp - Thoughts?

Thanks Nate. It really is a great deal. These clubs in that area are tremendous and have been that way for a long time. Ironically I was talking with a LPGA player yesterday and asked her about some of the area courses. I asked "What course has the best (truest) greens in the entire area?". Her response was "year in and year out, East Lake is right up at the top."

I want to thank everybody that gave us some info here. Very helpful stuff.

I want to thank everybody that gave us some info here. Very helpful stuff.

Glad you two found a great place to settle in at that has something for both. On to more pressing matters though, when do us locals get to crash the place for a round?

--
tapatalk

Glad you two found a great place to settle in at that has something for both. On to more pressing matters though, when do us locals get to crash the place for a round?

--
tapatalk

Perhaps after the PGA Show?

Wanted to bump this old thread.

Appears we are moving to Stow ohio which has a small club that is apart of the ClubCorp umbrella of courses and I wanted to see if anyone had any recent experiences with this?

Probably more than I can pay for golf, but figure Id at least inquire as ya never know in today's times.

Appears we are moving to Stow ohio which has a small club that is apart of the ClubCorp umbrella of courses and I wanted to see if anyone had any recent experiences with this?

Probably more than I can pay for golf, but figure Id at least inquire as ya never know in today's times.

Which course is it? Roses Run is a great course

Which course is it? Roses Run is a great course

Silver Lake, appears to be right down the road from where we have narrowed down our search

What exactly are you trying to find out? I'm a member at a ClubCorp club and I've been pleased with the experience. Any idea what they are asking for dues and/or initiation fees?

Oh, by the way Firestone is a ClubCorp course so you could get reciprocal benefits and play there for cart fee only, as well as a bunch of other courses around the country. They own something like 300 in the US

Oh, by the way Firestone is a ClubCorp course so you could get reciprocal benefits and play there for cart fee only, as well as a bunch of other courses around the country. They own something like 300 in the US
*All but the south course. Stay and play only.

Mike, I've been a ClubCorp member since March and this has been my first golf membership. clubcorp offers a ONE membership that provides 50% off regular food menu items at your home club and perks to sister facilities, such as free meals every month @ restaurant clubs and cart fee only golf.

I would suggest visiting your area club and other non club corp clubs and weigh the pros/cons. I've found that the private club lifestyle is not one of saving money but is a convenience. No fighting for tee times or searching for online tee times. I do enjoy that side of the membership but do not see myself renewing if they increase dues this upcoming spring.

Thanks for the feedback fellas.

Gonna see what the local place charges. The ability to play both firestone and quail hollow is tempting

Just got the pricing info back

Since im under 40 Id qualify for the junior membership

If I want to be apart of the O.N.E. it is $310 a month, initiation fee of $4K waived with 12 month promissory note.
IF I wanted the regular membership there its $257 a month

Heres some info on the O.N.E. membership

Community benefits (Akron/Cleveland) include 18 clubs with complimentary golf and dining. World benefits include complimentary golf and dining 2 times each month at every ClubCorp Club outside your community benefits.

Example of World Benefits:
Pittsburgh is 1 1/2 hours away. You can go to Diamond Run and Treesdale (yes both) 2 times a month and just pay cart fee only. You then can go to the River's Club (business club) and receive your dining benefits of two complimentary meals excluding alcohol, service charge and tax.

All ClubCorp Country Clubs and Golf Clubs offer 2 Complimentary Green Fees a month. Our Business Clubs offer two Complimentary meals a month. . You can do the same thing in Virginia, Florida and all over the World!

Just got the pricing info back

Since im under 40 Id qualify for the junior membership

If I want to be apart of the O.N.E. it is $310 a month, initiation fee of $4K waived with 12 month promissory note.
IF I wanted the regular membership there its $257 a month

Heres some info on the O.N.E. membership

Community benefits (Akron/Cleveland) include 18 clubs with complimentary golf and dining. World benefits include complimentary golf and dining 2 times each month at every ClubCorp Club outside your community benefits.

Example of World Benefits:
Pittsburgh is 1 1/2 hours away. You can go to Diamond Run and Treesdale (yes both) 2 times a month and just pay cart fee only. You then can go to the River's Club (business club) and receive your dining benefits of two complimentary meals excluding alcohol, service charge and tax.

All ClubCorp Country Clubs and Golf Clubs offer 2 Complimentary Green Fees a month. Our Business Clubs offer two Complimentary meals a month. . You can do the same thing in Virginia, Florida and all over the World!

What are your thoughts. Those dues are in line w/ what I have down here in Jacksonville, but yours are a tad higher.
Can you play 12 months a year in Ohio?
Is the course walkable? Mine is not, big gaps between holes, so I get hit with the cart fee every time I play.

The ONE is a great perk, sounds like you have lots of ClubCorp courses in your area.

What are your thoughts. Those dues are in line w/ what I have down here in Jacksonville, but yours are a tad higher.
Can you play 12 months a year in Ohio?
Is the course walkable? Mine is not, big gaps between holes, so I get hit with the cart fee every time I play.

The ONE is a great perk, sounds like you have lots of ClubCorp courses in your area.

12 months, no way...7 if im lucky
Not sure if its walkable, I havent played there before, but I hope so as I enjoy walking.

Yeah the extra ClubCorp courses are nice, especially since the list includes Firestone, but im sure there are restrictions

So you have to pay the monthly dues even when the course is unplayable? Not familiar with the process of those clubs in the northern States that have to deal w/ snow.

I have a very different experience to the happy that many have had with Club Corp through two clubs now.
I wont go back when there are other options, but depending on clientele in your area, you may find the social part of it quite nice.

I have a very different experience to the happy that many have had with Club Corp through two clubs now.
I wont go back when there are other options, but depending on clientele in your area, you may find the social part of it quite nice.

yeah its early in the process, still a bunch of other courses I want to explore, and im not so certain being new to the area and now seeing all the THPERS up here if I even want to go the private route next year

yeah its early in the process, still a bunch of other courses I want to explore, and im not so certain being new to the area and now seeing all the THPERS up here if I even want to go the private route next year

The only reason to ever go to the private route living in the north is if you are going to actively be a part of the social environment.
Otherwise you are paying dues for half the year for nothing.

The only reason to ever go to the private route living in the north is if you are going to actively be a part of the social environment.
Otherwise you are paying dues for half the year for nothing.

half-ish

but yeah I agree. If a found a place that was reasonable to where I could play a bunch and the avg round cost would stay low, then it was worth a shot.

Guessing I wont be that lucky, but the thought of teeing it up with THPERS more frequently is a better route to go

half-ish

but yeah I agree. If a found a place that was reasonable to where I could play a bunch and the avg round cost would stay low, then it was worth a shot.

Guessing I wont be that lucky, but the thought of teeing it up with THPERS more frequently is a better route to go

Never join a private club for the goal of saving money on rounds. It just rarely if ever works out that way. It should be about the club, the course and the people/social setting.

Never join a private club for the goal of saving money on rounds. It just rarely if ever works out that way. It should be about the club, the course and the people/social setting.

before I joined a course I spent 2 seasons tracking how much I played and what my cost was.

before I joined a course I spent 2 seasons tracking how much I played and what my cost was.

Is yours a private club or semi private with annual fee?

Back