ClubCorp - Thoughts?

In your area, the deal right now is OUTSTANDING! $203 a month for 4 clubs and full country club status. Initiation down from 3k to $300. (under 41 years old)

Holy cow that is a tremendous deal indeed!

Especially for Countryside (27 holes).
Hunters Green (awesome facility and course)
Tampa Palms (resort)
Eastlake Woodlands (36 holes)

You get 97 holes and full country club lifestyle with games events, spa, fitness center, tennis, pool grill room, formal dining and more for $203 if you are under 41 right now. I am a former member at Countryside (years ago) and Clubcorp does a great job with their clubs and the courses are outstanding.
I lived right next to Hunters Green when I lived in Tampa, if I had known then what I know now...

That is a STEAL!

I lived right next to Hunters Green when I lived in Tampa, if I had known then what I know now...

That is a STEAL!

I lived in Hunters green for a little while, even played the course I think. I was 6 at the time, lol.

Really nice deal and great initiation. Full status? That's killer. I need to see what the price is for upping mine to Golf Status...

I belonged to a club corp course for about 5 years that was always in great shape with a nice membership base. My only complaint was that the course always had the cash register open so they were frequently fitting in unannounced outings to feed the beast. Ultimately I left and joined an equity club. I'm in the process of relocating and joining another Club Corp course. The initiation and dues are higher and they seem more restrictive on club use. My sense is that not all club corp clubs are created equal and depending upon the vitality of the area you live in the course may feel more semi-private then private.

I belonged to a club corp course for about 5 years that was always in great shape with a nice membership base. My only complaint was that the course always had the cash register open so they were frequently fitting in unannounced outings to feed the beast. Ultimately I left and joined an equity club. I'm in the process of relocating and joining another Club Corp course. The initiation and dues are higher and they seem more restrictive on club use. My sense is that not all club corp clubs are created equal and depending upon the vitality of the area you live in the course may feel more semi-private then private.

I'm also looking at a Club Corp property here in Atlanta. It is listed as Semi-private so I'm glad you posted. Since it is Semi-private, I am going to play the course a few times before making a decision but will be aware of this.

The ones we were looking at are 100% private, the only public play it gets is an occasional charity event. The deal is just so good and the facilities they offer aside from golf are pretty amazing. The gym even has a pilates room with full pilates equipment and over 30 classes a month.

The ones we were looking at are 100% private, the only public play it gets is an occasional charity event. The deal is just so good and the facilities they offer aside from golf are pretty amazing. The gym even has a pilates room with full pilates equipment and over 30 classes a month.

I can't wait to hear about JB's pilates experience!!!

I couldn't pay him to take a pilates class with me.

Just think. At the MC 2.0 Cookie and him can put on some example exercises.

I couldn't pay him to take a pilates class with me.

But we could pay him to do just one. Food, energy drinks, we'll find his weakness and bribe him.

I'm also looking at a Club Corp property here in Atlanta. It is listed as Semi-private so I'm glad you posted. Since it is Semi-private, I am going to play the course a few times before making a decision but will be aware of this.

Just realized my post may have created some confusion, the course I previously belonged to was private its just that the non-member play through outings took away from that private feel. Clubcorp is actually a client of mine so I understand their business model pretty well and hey, we are all trying to make a buck, increase shareholder value, and grow the brand, I get it.

Hooked up to try one of the courses on Thursday and was told by a couple of the LPGA girls we hang out with that the greens are simply perfect right now. Looking forward to checking it out.

Hooked up to try one of the courses on Thursday and was told by a couple of the LPGA girls we hang out with that the greens are simply perfect right now. Looking forward to checking it out.
which course?

Tee Time set.
Paper work received.
Told the greens are the best they have been in years.
Really excited for tomorrow.

Tee Time set.
Paper work received.
Told the greens are the best they have been in years.
Really excited for tomorrow.

Awesome JB! Hope it all works out correctly. Just so I understand, since it is a little different each place, you can play unlimited holes at the 4 courses for $203?

Awesome JB! Hope it all works out correctly. Just so I understand, since it is a little different each place, you can play unlimited holes at the 4 courses for $203?

You pick your home course out of the 4. This would be used for MGA, member member, tournaments, etc.
You get facilities including golf at all 4 clubs. 97 holes total.
You pay the cart fee ($18.75-$20.65) when you play (or by a trail fee membership per course). (standard at most clubs).
Practice facility unlimited balls, etc done like most Clubcorp courses which is $279 per year and it counts at all 4 clubs.

Hope this helps.

You pick your home course out of the 4. This would be used for MGA, member member, tournaments, etc.
You get facilities including golf at all 4 clubs. 97 holes total.
You pay the cart fee ($18.75-$20.65) when you play (or by a trail fee membership per course). (standard at most clubs).
Practice facility unlimited balls, etc done like most Clubcorp courses which is $279 per year and it counts at all 4 clubs.

Hope this helps.

Ok, so now I need to see about upgrading my membership a little. Jeez.

Ok, so now I need to see about upgrading my membership a little. Jeez.

They have age tiers of course. Its 203 until 42 years old. Than $300 from 42 to 55 I think than $255, after 55.
ANy of those prices work for me with what is included. The 4 clubs are tremendous and for us, GG and myself, we prefer the country club lifestyle anyway. We like the social activities that go along with it.

They have age tiers of course. Its 203 until 42 years old. Than $300 from 42 to 55 I think than $255, after 55.
ANy of those prices work for me with what is included. The 4 clubs are tremendous and for us, GG and myself, we prefer the country club lifestyle anyway. We like the social activities that go along with it.

Never been part of a country club, but I love the social activities with the Downtown Club. Probably similar in ways. I'd love to move a little closer to a course, but aside from Wildcat, the only close club I know of near downtown/area we want to live in is Riveroaks Country Club. That's a whole nother ball game.

And those age tiers work for me. Just hit 30...12 years at that price..!! With moderate increases of course.

It is a great deal and when my friend told me about what they were doing I couldn't believe it. They are trying to get members and I'm sure this economy isn't helping with that. But for someone that does stil have some cash, this is a great time to become a member with CCA. Palmer golf is doing something very similiar here as well, but that Florida deal can't be beat! My friend is based out of East Lakes Woodlands and is the GM there.

Back