DFW & Surrounding Area Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stevens Park is an old course that the city has done a great job of keeping up.

I've only ever gotten to play it one time, need to make it a point to play it again.

All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence; then success is sure - Mark Twain

Stevens Park is an old course that the city has done a great job of keeping up.

I've only ever gotten to play it one time, need to make it a point to play it again.

All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence; then success is sure - Mark Twain

It went down hill until the city spent 10mil on it. Now it is a great course again. It's one of my favs around DFW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

It went down hill until the city spent 10mil on it. Now it is a great course again. It's one of my favs around DFW.

I've played over there once and enjoyed it. I think I might just have to get in 9 one morning since it's right around the corner from the office.

Crap!!!

Just went to purchase the Firewheel deal and it sold out at 500.

Never had that happen before. Ticked off.

Crap!!!

Just went to purchase the Firewheel deal and it sold out at 500.

Never had that happen before. Ticked off.

I missed it too...we will just have to play a different course or pay full price. I'm in regardless

Tangle Ridge
10/27 (Sunday)
10AM or later

1) #Cookie
2) niteowl03
3) niteowl-FIL
4) swiftflow

Updated above with the first 4-some. If there is enough interest for another group, I can set that up also. Will be calling next Monday.

We are set for 9:50. They have a college tourney that afternoon so agreed to honor our idealgolfer deal before 10AM.

College tourney should also mean phenomenal course conditions!

We are set for 9:50. They have a college tourney that afternoon so agreed to honor our idealgolfer deal before 10AM.

Thanks for setting this up Cookie

Sad that I have to miss next weekend, but important family stuff to take care of. I hope the conditions are great for you all.

Tribute and Old American will cost you $125-150 without any deals. They are great courses. Justin Leonard helped design the Old American.

Frisco Lakes and Trails of Frisco are great options too. Probably about $50-70 without a deal to play. I give the nod to Frisco Lakes. Great back 9 they have.

Coyote Ridge is a nice option for about $50ish. Another great back 9.

Also check Castle Hills. They are all inclusive for about $150 but might be closer to $100 if you don't do the inclusive part. Great track.

Stars play the Avs at American Airlines center that Friday night.....always a good time and could probably scalp right before.

Capital Grill at the Crescent Hotel is a very nice steak house.

Played at Trails of Frisco today - not a bad little course. Thanks for the suggestion!

I might give Tour 18 a try on Wed. Anyone been there lately?

I might give Tour 18 a try on Wed. Anyone been there lately?

I haven't yet because the people I have talked to lately have said it was in terrible shape, and most people are going over to Bridlewood because of it. I want to get out there but dont want to pay 50+ and be disappointed.

Thanks for setting this up. I got to play there today with my dad as he had two additional passes. The greens were a little sketchy because apparently the green staff applied some chemical wrong (some dead spots--but still better than any punched greens)--they were working hard to get things in order and the rest of the course was great--nice fairways and real sand in the bunkers unlike the hard-mud we get in most public DFW courses. I had a roller coaster round with 4 Doubles, 3 Bogies, 2 birdies, 9 pars--I was playing the easier white tees with my dad, but that place has lots of holes where scores can be destroyed in a hurry-- some places I got too greedy being on the white tees and tried to bite off too much rather than playing smart golf.

Not sure what they can do to revive some of the greens in such a short time--but it is still a great place to play. My thought is they will do as much sand fill and paint on green as they can if there is a big tourney.

Last edited:
I haven't yet because the people I have talked to lately have said it was in terrible shape, and most people are going over to Bridlewood because of it. I want to get out there but dont want to pay 50+ and be disappointed.
thanks for the heads up. i might give tierra verde a go.

Last edited:
thanks for the heads up. i might give tierra verde a go.

I played there Friday. Great course, easily the best muni in arlington and maybe fort worth as well. Pace was excellent as well. If you have not played there yet you are in for a treat. The pro out there Chad is a great guy as well and very knowledgeable.

Anyone else see this?

"The River's Edge" @ Rockwood is Now Open
The River's Edge, the new practice course at Rockwood GC, is now open for play. This innovative practice course can be played as either a 3 hole or 6 hole course. How do you know on a daily basis which course you would be playing? If it's an even numbered date of the month then it's a 6 hole par 3 course and if it's an odd numbered date of the month then it's the 3 hole course which consists of 2 par 4's and 1 par 3. Cost to play the course is $6 for juniors and $10 for adults. The fee is good for all day so if you want to play a few holes in the morning and then come back in the evening, just hang onto your receipt and that'll be your voucher to get back on the course. And remember, this is a "walking only" golf course; sorry no carts. And what if you want to play the course after your play our regular 18 hole course...then your fee is 1/2 price or $5 for adults and $3 for juniors. If you have any other questions, give our staff at Rockwood a call at 817-624-1771.

Anyone else see this?

"The River's Edge" @ Rockwood is Now Open
The River's Edge, the new practice course at Rockwood GC, is now open for play. This innovative practice course can be played as either a 3 hole or 6 hole course. How do you know on a daily basis which course you would be playing? If it's an even numbered date of the month then it's a 6 hole par 3 course and if it's an odd numbered date of the month then it's the 3 hole course which consists of 2 par 4's and 1 par 3. Cost to play the course is $6 for juniors and $10 for adults. The fee is good for all day so if you want to play a few holes in the morning and then come back in the evening, just hang onto your receipt and that'll be your voucher to get back on the course. And remember, this is a "walking only" golf course; sorry no carts. And what if you want to play the course after your play our regular 18 hole course...then your fee is 1/2 price or $5 for adults and $3 for juniors. If you have any other questions, give our staff at Rockwood a call at 817-624-1771.

I had read something about this a while back. Interesting. I may try it sometime. Haven't been to the Rock in quite some time. Not in the top twenty courses that I want to play in Ft. Worth, but still a fun track.

I made a tee time at 9:50

I played there Friday. Great course, easily the best muni in arlington and maybe fort worth as well. Pace was excellent as well. If you have not played there yet you are in for a treat. The pro out there Chad is a great guy as well and very knowledgeable.
I need him to get me a job lol

Tierra Verde.

OK, If it was at Bridlewood I might have been able to join you.
i can go there instead. it wouldn't let me book a time for single at bridlewood and i didn't feel like calling. so i went to Tierra Verde instead. i can do Bridlewood though.

8:52 ok with you? i'll book it now if it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back