Awesome stuff Hawk and Blu

Thanks buddy. He isn't walking yet though. He stands up. And looks surprised. Then falls on his butt.

Haha. That's ok. Progress is progress. My little one is starting to rev up and get to crawling. Hasn't quite figured it out but she will very soon I have to think.

Haha. That's ok. Progress is progress. My little one is starting to rev up and get to crawling. Hasn't quite figured it out but she will very soon I have to think.

I love that moment when they first become mobile. When they realize they can get somewhere. It's amazing that such a small person can move so fast.

Hawk, that's so friggin cool man. What a great experience. Honestly gave me a chill, in a good way, picturing doing that with one of my kids some day. Btw, heard some of your past hippy storied today, funny stuff :D

Blu, dang! And I thought it was crazy when my boy stood up just after 8 months!

I absolutely love this thread, so much greatness.

That's brilliant Hawk! What a proud father u must be:)
Blugold makes me smile seeing your wee man getting up on his feet, just can't wait to experience these things first hand myself. It's so fantastic to see these happy children in the world!

I am at a point in my parenthood that im scared to death of what happens next. my oldest daughter is 14 (15 in feb) and she is dating a kid who is 16 and turns 17 in april. im sure that I don't need to explain what my fears are. they have been dating for about 3 or 4 months now and I have not met him intentionally. my wife has met him and said that he is in all college classes in high school. he is on the travelling baseball team, his dad is a high school golf coach and he is good looking, has good manners and very respectful.. I don't want my daughter to date a loser but im afraid of him wanting to you know what with her. I have absolutely no idea how to deal with it. I understand i really have no choice but to accept it and hope that she has enough morals to make the right decisions but how do you keep this from driving you nuts?

I have daughters that are 20, 18, and 16 and I've been through this. My advice is that you insist on meeting him and specifically telling him what your expectations are, and what you think is appropriate and what's not appropriate. I don't allow my daughters to date someone (until they're 18) without me interviewing them first. Suprisingly, they like that because they feel that their dad is protecting them AND the boys need to "earn" the right to date them. It's worked great for me - my daughters have avoided all the typical problems that teenagers get into.

Hawk and Blu, impressive things out of your little guys!

Here's our baby giraffe.
y4uturej.jpg

Here's our baby giraffe.
y4uturej.jpg

Love it, especially the "Daddy, what the heck are you doing and why am I wearing this thing?" look.

Here's our baby giraffe.
y4uturej.jpg

Caption this:

"I look good though, right?"

Been pulling up and standing for a week or so, but someone finally got the elusive picture. Grandma was Johnny on the spot today.
ja5e8ebe.jpg

Been pulling up and standing for a week or so, but someone finally got the elusive picture. Grandma was Johnny on the spot today.
ja5e8ebe.jpg

Awesome...go grandma. Its only begin JLit...before you know it your daughter will be telling you, "Dad, I got it!"

ja5e8ebe.jpg

Our two little girls are on very similar development paths. Madelyn can't quite get to her feet yet but she is close. How much does she weigh?

Parenting Thread

Awesome...go grandma. Its only begin JLit...before you know it your daughter will be telling you, "Dad, I got it!"

I've got a 16 year old that says this daily!

Our two little girls are on very similar developments paths. Madelyn can't quite get to her feet yet but she is close. How much does she weigh?

19.5 at her appt last week. She tried for several weeks to pull up, and still hasn't mastered it yet. Pretty good control once she's up, but her success rate is low.

For my son I put Vicks under his nose and some on his chest usually works after 2 days or so. If not pediatrician will be the cure for sure

I have daughters that are 20, 18, and 16 and I've been through this. My advice is that you insist on meeting him and specifically telling him what your expectations are, and what you think is appropriate and what's not appropriate. I don't allow my daughters to date someone (until they're 18) without me interviewing them first. Suprisingly, they like that because they feel that their dad is protecting them AND the boys need to "earn" the right to date them. It's worked great for me - my daughters have avoided all the typical problems that teenagers get into.

Hmm interview... I like that! What kind of questions did you ask ? Or was it more like the scene from bad boys

Cute pics Jlit! My baby girl is pulling up now too and she's into EVERYTHING. GAHHHHHHHH. Stay away from the damn DVD player!

Caption this:

"I look good though, right?"

Caption: "This better not end up in those high school graduation slideshows!!!"

Hmm interview... I like that! What kind of questions did you ask ? Or was it more like the scene from bad boys

Thanks Bogey.

I probably shouldn't call it an interview, because I really don't ask them much. Mostly because I know that they're only going to give me answers that they think I want to hear. By the time one of these boys is coming to me for the "talk", my wife and I have already I generally tell them that the girl they're attracted to is my daughter. And that I will do anything to protect her from harm. That he is dating her on my terms. That at any point, I can break up their relationship for any reason. I tell them that if they touch her inappropriately, the relationship is over. I will end it. (and I did this once, by the way). That I'm not a big fan of long teenage relationships, and that I might break them up if they date a year or more (just on principle). I also give them a bit of a pep talk and tell them that if they have a question about something, that they can call or text me and ask me man to man and I will give them a straight answer. And I make a point that young men need to act appropriately and act like young men and not act like boys. I also tell them that if I'm really unhappy about something they do, I may go and talk to HIS parents about it. Mostly, they're scared and they understand that they better treat my daughter well. Or I will take action to protect her.

Reading this, you might think I'm an !#Hole. But I'm actually a really nice guy. And once I set the tone with these boys, I can be friendly and nice and pleasant to them. But the tone has been set and they know that I'm serious about protecting my daughter and that he better walk a straight line. And isn't that how it should be ? Guys, be hardcore about protecting your teenage daughters. If done properly, they will love you and thank you for it.

Hey guys been great reading up on this topic, my wife is due on 1/1/14 with our first! Very excited but also terrified haha!
I guess it sounds like a lot of team work and having a understanding partner, so I think we gonna be just fine:) of course the golf is gonna take a hit but if I can still get out once a week to clear the head and keep the swing in some what form I'm happy. And at the end of the day having a healthy happy little baby trumps anything else I think of in this world!

Hey Frasely, congratulations ! Kids are the great adventure in life. Don't be too worried - kids are resilient and as long as you and your wife are on the same page with your parenting, you'll do fine.

We got a head start on Halloween this past weekend, we went to Zoo Boo. The local zoo here shuts down at 3:00 on the two weekends before Halloween and gets volunteers to pass out all sorts of goodies throughout the zoo. Our daughter loved it as most of the volunteers are dressed up as animals. She even had her picture taken and it was on the newspapers website.

EmilyZooBoo_zpsf52615c4.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Cute little peacock there fairband!

I love all the good stuff going on in here. Unfortunately our biorhythms appear to be going in the opposite direction. To use a Hawk-ism, the boy is acting the fool. Has been for a few days now and it is getting old. I'll be happy when we figure out the right solution and get back on track.

Back