Adams Idea Hybrid Irons Review

Awesome review. I think the side to side will be interesting, but also shows good players can make any clubs work.

As far as the scoring wedges, how was the quality/feel with them? With a more forgiving set, I'd almost wonder if you can get creative with the wedges or if they are just meant for traditional shots.

Nice write up! If this was Motor Trend there would be an Idea, Altitude comparison coming up.

Awesome review. I think the side to side will be interesting, but also shows good players can make any clubs work.

As far as the scoring wedges, how was the quality/feel with them? With a more forgiving set, I'd almost wonder if you can get creative with the wedges or if they are just meant for traditional shots.

I did take two partial swing shots with the PW yesterday. One was as an approach on a par 4 from 100 yards and it came off good and gave me a makeable look at birdie. The other I tried to flight down as an experiment (eg, I just stopped at 100 yards and dropped some balls) and it came off nicely, with a lower trajectory. Felt fine to me, but they are definitley not anything close to a typical wedge. Not all that different than any other GI PW though.

Nice write up! If this was Motor Trend there would be an Idea, Altitude comparison coming up.

I have a couple Alititudes and can see about doing that for you.

Hopefully these fancy some people. I had the a7os's in the past and really didn't like the long irons... they are a bad mix of iron and hybrid. Personally would make the suggestion of a 3-5H and 6-GW irons, but to each their own.

Great pics and info Hawk! Your review has me really looking forward to trying these out.

You said these hybrids are the larger Adams hybrids....are these A12os size? like you I've had trouble with the larger Adams hybrids the A12os was terrible for me but the A12 was awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Hopefully these fancy some people. I had the a7os's in the past and really didn't like the long irons... they are a bad mix of iron and hybrid. Personally would make the suggestion of a 3-5H and 6-GW irons, but to each their own.

Definitely personal preference there, but I can see that. I think I'd take a 4 hybrid, 5-6 hybrid irons, 7-PW irons set up and run with it.

Great pics and info Hawk! Your review has me really looking forward to trying these out.

You said these hybrids are the larger Adams hybrids....are these A12os size? like you I've had trouble with the larger Adams hybrids the A12os was terrible for me but the A12 was awesome.

Thanks! Yep, I think that's a pretty good comparison size wise. I was surprised though. I hit some nice solid shots with them and I was expecting to not like them very much.

Thanks! Yep, I think that's a pretty good comparison size wise. I was surprised though. I hit some nice solid shots with them and I was expecting to not like them very much.

That's good to hear! I will give them a try, hopefully I will have good luck with them.

they look awesome, cant wait to hear more about these

What a really nice looking set, I think the progressive set could really help out a ton of golfers!

The one thing I will say in regard to the Alititude/Idea comparisons is that while they are both 'hybrid iron' sets, the Ideas are set up quite differently. They offer true hybrids 3-5, where the Alts have a much more iron-like appearance there. The 6-7 are probably the most similar to Alts and the 8-PW are really more like a (somewhat beefier) GI iron.

Hawk you going to be able to these again today? Looks like you guys are getting some snow up there.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

No golf planned for today either way. Some very light flurries, but it's melting right away, but wasn't planning on getting out anyway.

No golf planned for today either way. Some very light flurries, but it's melting right away, but wasn't planning on getting out anyway.

Defiantly not ready for flurries but it is Illinois. How did the hybrids compare to your trusty Nike hybrid?

Defiantly not ready for flurries but it is Illinois. How did the hybrids compare to your trusty Nike hybrid?

Easier to hit off the turf, better feel at impact. No hooks with either somehow.

Easier to hit off the turf, better feel at impact. No hooks with either somehow.

Hmmm that's interesting. I just got a 3/4 cobra amp cell hybrid Friday and figured out that if I have the ball in the middle of the stance I won't top it. Couldn't get it figured out and made that change and were good now. So you think you'll keep these hybrids around for awhile?

Probably not in my bag, but that's more related to what type of workload we're working with due to all the equipment releases that will be happening over the next 4 months or so.

These look really classy in hand. Adams definitely knows hybrids as everyone knows, but as few know, which recently includes me, they also rock at irons. This set is probably one hell of a winner for people who need some help getting the ball up.

Not the most important thing, but I really like the Blue accent color of the new Ideas. Seems as if EVERY manf has been splashing red accents on their clubs for years now. Nice change up.

the wrap around slot is really interesting. Nice initial thoughts Hawk!

This is going to sound incredibly cheesy, but I find the font chosen for the word idea not to my liking. Im not a huge aesthetics guy, but this one irks me for some reason. With a company that changed its font for its actual company to go with a classic script, why even have the name idea on them? Here is a company that puts out a ton of stuff yearly, and much of it very good, but that font drives me nuts.

Its weird for me, because like I said, aesthetics dont usually bother me, but this one screams "toy" or "big box set" for some reason.

It is interesting that with the company name font change that they used a very futuristic (IMO) font for the word idea.

It's kinda bubbly but I guess I'm so easy to please from a looks perspective and not much bothers me so I'm cool with it.

Or perhaps the wrap around slot made me have blinders? I dunno other than this is probably the item I'm looking forward to hitting most of all at this point.

I didn't see this yesterday, but as always, an intersting review, especially with the comparison to the Mizuno irons and them being a completely different type of club

Personally I couldn't see myself choosing these (that maybe a mistake but it is a looks thing) but like T4K mentioned yesterday, there is an element of Altitude look to the irons from the pics

This is going to sound incredibly cheesy, but I find the font chosen for the word idea not to my liking. Im not a huge aesthetics guy, but this one irks me for some reason. With a company that changed its font for its actual company to go with a classic script, why even have the name idea on them? Here is a company that puts out a ton of stuff yearly, and much of it very good, but that font drives me nuts.

Its weird for me, because like I said, aesthetics dont usually bother me, but this one screams "toy" or "big box set" for some reason.

I didn't even notice the name on the clubs until you said something, so I'm guessing it wouldn't bug me long term. That being said, I do somewhat agree that it looks out of place, but at least it's not comic sans.

I didn't see this yesterday, but as always, an intersting review, especially with the comparison to the Mizuno irons and them being a completely different type of club

Personally I couldn't see myself choosing these (that maybe a mistake but it is a looks thing) but like T4K mentioned yesterday, there is an element of Altitude look to the irons from the pics

I don't know why, but people saying there is an element of Altitudes in these irons bugs me. Adams has had this type of set (Hybrids, Hybrid irons, Cavity backs) since at least 2008, so I don't think they're really looking to the Altitudes for ideas but quite possibly the other way around. Again, no idea why that bugs me, but it does a little.

I don't know why, but people saying there is an element of Altitudes in these irons bugs me. Adams has had this type of set (Hybrids, Hybrid irons, Cavity backs) since at least 2008, so I don't think they're really looking to the Altitudes for ideas but quite possibly the other way around. Again, no idea why that bugs me, but it does a little.

Having never considered Adams clubs previously (due to not knowing anything about the brand other than the Tight Lies FW I had seen advertised) I can say from my personal perspective that I wasn't aware of the fact that Adams had developed this type of set in the past, hence why I agreed that they looked like Altitudes and I can understand why others might have the same opinion, but I am happy to be corrected over the fact that it is possible that the Altitudes were based on a design from the past by Adams :thumb:

Back