Where Did You Go To Get Fit For Clubs

Acuna

Reaction score
Handicap
long irons
When you were buying irons, where did you go to get fit?

I am leaning towards Callaway, but honestly I want to see what is out there and get the equipment that will be best for me and my swing. I will probably be in the market for new clubs early next year.

Where did you go to try a bunch of different clubs and shafts and get dialed in? Where would you recommend? Oh, and I am left handed, which seems to complicate the issue.....

I went to GolfTec in Overland Park, KS. Actually, at the time, my brother Callawaygolfpro worked there...so he did that for me. Gotta love perks, except he doesn't work there anymore, it's all good as I got my numbers.

I went to the Callaway Fitting Center at Edwin Watts in Overland Park, Kansas when I got fit for my equipment for the 2012 Morgan Cup.

GolfUSA in Norman, OK for my irons back in 2010. My next fitting will be at Club Champion in Houston, just not sure when yet.

My coach is a fitter himself. Usually, if you do a little research, you can find several company fitters in your area.

My high school baseball coach now does custom club-fitting out of a mobile trailer. He also has an agreement with the Cranwell Resort in Lenox, MA to use their indoor facility in the winter. I went through a fitting with him at Cranwell in the spring. He's got all the fancy shafts (KBS, Matrix, Miyazaki, Recoils), but he's limited in the heads he has (Adams, Mizuno, Tour Edge, Miura....). I'll be looking for a new place next spring if I decide to change things up.

In the last three years I have fit for my clubs by Callaway (twice), golftec (twice) and my pro once (more grip then loft and lie)

I was fit by the pro who gave me lessons. He only had a few select shafts, next time I would go to a pro who has a better selection or I would go to a more reputable source.

I go to a local driving range that was actually voted to be one of the best fitters in the country.

I was fitted length & lie by my instructor and he adjusted my current set for me. My next set will be fitted by him most likely unless I find something I really like and he doesn't carry them then I already know my specs.

I went to the TM Performance Lab here in Nashville. Great experience and service including replacing my RBZ tour driver head that cracked sight unseen and no questions asked.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

Golftec - they'll let you apply the fitting fee to the purchase of clubs and they do an excellent fitting

I bought my irons online first then I went to get them "fitted". well, not really fitted, but adjusted to my height. No, i did not hit off of a launch monitor which I should have but I did hit off of the board to see where I was missing. To that point, the club fitter said that I needed to extend my clubs 1" and keep the loft and lie standard. The place that I went to is called Pro-Am in Aiea, HI. It was a older gentleman who helped me and he turned out to be really nice and honest with my swing. He was baffled that I hit the stock 7I 160 and the extended 7I 185. Their was only 1 mph difference in swing speed.

Golf Galaxy - guy was really good. Crapshoot though - never know if you get someone really knowledgeable or not

Went to my local mom and pop golf shop. They have a very nice fitting studio on the range, all the fitting carts with all the shafts. Good knowledge between both the fitters and super friendly. Its where I purchase most all my golf equipment now.

A few years back travelled up from FL to be fitted by Dana Upshaw a great clubfitter in Warner Robins GA. Always believed that a small shop with a craftsman type guy worked better for me than taking pot luck (as to knowledge) with a retail salesperson.
There is a nationwide professional association of independent clubfitters that you can check out on the web. Group is AGCP and they do list some in your region (Kerrville and San Antonio).
I think there may be other groups/associations but I can't recall names. Checking the certifications, awards of some of the AGCP guys may lead you to additional sources as well.
good luck and enjoy the process.

Edwin Watts - I spend too much time there. They did a great job with my JPX 800 Pro fitting.

If you're thinking Callaway (or any other manufacturer), you can go to their website and punch in your zip code under "Get Custom Fit' or something similar and it will list the establishments near you where you can demo and get fit for their clubs. Call those places up and talk to them about the process, people involved, and price. I would recommend my local golf range in NY, but I don't think that information would be as useful to you as doing the above.

I went to a pro at a local course and did my fitting. I think next time I do it, I'm going to make the drive down to Seattle and have it done at GolfTec.

I did my iron fitting at Golf Galaxy this year. But my wedge fitting was done by a club builder. Their specialty is actually long drive equipment, but the builder knows his stuff when it comes to clubs.

Went to the Golf-Tec in Tucson, as the price of fitting will be deducted from future purchases. I'll need to remember that come Christmas.

Went to my local Dick's Sporting Goods. The Pro there was recommended and really spent time with me on the launch monitor, before, during and after the fitting.

Golfsmith in brentwood tn

I went to Goldsmith here in Memphis. Had good experience with my driver fitting their so it was easy pick when I wanted irons.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

Back