Where Did You Go To Get Fit For Clubs

For all the Michigan/Ohio golfers I suggest Carl's Golfland in Bloomfield Hills, MI. Top 100 fitter in the United States. Carl spent millions building it and its top notch from the bays down to the waiting area no stone was left unturned. They have all the shafts/heads from every major OEM. Miles of Golf in Ypsilanti,MI is also a top 100 fitter. I've done fittings at both.

Keep Calm and Golf On.

All my fittings are with a local custom golf shop. The only guy alive I really trust.

I live a few miles from the Ping factory in Phoenix. Makes it easy.

Club Champion outside of Chicago did my last fitting, and was the most through fitting I've ever done. Amazing selection of options to get numbers with on a trackman with fitters who really know what their talking about.

Thats looks like a cool place to go to and get fitted. Looks like you can get everything there and they can get you perfectly fitted. I want to sometime make it up to Chicago and go to the place Bhilln mentioned. Never had a full fitting because of prices but hopefully ill get up there sometime.
http://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php?46258-Cool-Clubs-Scottsdale-fitting

I went to Cool Clubs in Arizona. It was golfers heaven. Here is a link to my quick review thread. I can give them a very positive recommendation.

Here is a link to their website.

http://coolclubs.com/

Thats looks like a cool place to go to and get fitted. Looks like you can get everything there and they can get you perfectly fitted. I want to sometime make it up to Chicago and go to the place Bhilln mentioned. Never had a full fitting because of prices but hopefully ill get up there sometime.

There is a Cool Clubs up near Chicago as well; never been there but probably pretty comparable to Club Champion I would guess.

Keep an eye out for deals over winter, they had some decent ones last winter and would expect the same this one.

Anyone in the NKY/Cincy area should check out The Golf Exchange. I was fit for a driver and irons through their shop. Great guys there.

yeah just seen that but looks like there up on the north side of Chicago. Club Champion is much closer and hopefully they will have some good deals. Would be cool to figure out what shaft is best for me. If you see any good deals let me know, also if you get time and are going there let me know. But I know how your schedule is now and it doesn't include much golf.
There is a Cool Clubs up near Chicago as well; never been there but probably pretty comparable to Club Champion I would guess.

Keep an eye out for deals over winter, they had some decent ones last winter and would expect the same this one.

Anyone in the NKY/Cincy area should check out The Golf Exchange. I was fit for a driver and irons through their shop. Great guys there.

i'm leaning towards doing this sometime in the next few months as I've heard nothing but positive feedback from several people in this area. did they have all the major brands available for fitting?

i'm leaning towards doing this sometime in the next few months as I've heard nothing but positive feedback from several people in this area. did they have all the major brands available for fitting?

Yea, their hitting bays are surrounded with all the available shafts for each manufacturer and a shelf with all the iron and driver heads organized for easy experimentation. They are up to date with the latest clubs and have track man set up to assist in the fitting process. Try and meet with Steve, Jeff, or Will. I feel they are their best fitters.

I've been fitted for irons twice. First time was through Fitting Studios at Westfields Golf Club. Larry was highly recommended and did an awesome job getting me into a set of clubs that helped me play better golf.

Second time, I wanted to go with someone who knew what my coach and I were trying to do, so I went to Tour Trailer Studios at 1757. Roger is awesome as well. Learned a whole lot from him during our time together. I felt like (and still do) working with someone who knew where my coach was trying to get me was an important aspect this time around, otherwise I would have gone back to Larry.

I'd gladly recommend either to anyone around here. Feel free to PM me with any questions

vaqu6ene.jpg
qyrapa6y.jpg

Here are some pics from Carl's golfland in Bloomfield Hills, MI.

Keep Calm and Golf On.

My new guy is David Ayres' at Low Country Custom Golf in Charleston. Really nice guy and very very knowledgable about gear and golf equipment. I've been told many times he' the best in the state. Let's hope so.

Yea, their hitting bays are surrounded with all the available shafts for each manufacturer and a shelf with all the iron and driver heads organized for easy experimentation. They are up to date with the latest clubs and have track man set up to assist in the fitting process. Try and meet with Steve, Jeff, or Will. I feel they are their best fitters.

I posted a bit on this on another thread about the G25's, but it probably makes more sense in this thread. I finally got around to getting fit at the Golf Exchange in Cincinnati Worked with Steve, and you were right - he was excellent. Explained everything about the fitting process and how it impacts the customization of the clubs. He really took the time to analyze my swing, explain what I was doing in my swing and how the clubs would be adjusted accordingly. Never pushed me toward a particular brand, and only when i asked him specifically did he even tell me what his thoughts/opinions were on each of the brands I was trying. It was my first fitting ever, so I don't really have anything to compare it to, but it was an absolutely great experience. I learned so much about my swing during the fitting that I even asked him if he did lessons (he doesn't)! He even helped me out with my driver after we finished, letting me hit on the trackman, analyzing my numbers and explaining them to me, then adjusting my club to optimize it. Can't say enough good things.

I've had 2 iron fittings and 1 driver shaft fitting. Driver shaft and 1 iron at golf galaxy and had 1 iron fitting at cincy golf center

I posted a bit on this on another thread about the G25's, but it probably makes more sense in this thread. I finally got around to getting fit at the Golf Exchange in Cincinnati Worked with Steve, and you were right - he was excellent. Explained everything about the fitting process and how it impacts the customization of the clubs. He really took the time to analyze my swing, explain what I was doing in my swing and how the clubs would be adjusted accordingly. Never pushed me toward a particular brand, and only when i asked him specifically did he even tell me what his thoughts/opinions were on each of the brands I was trying. It was my first fitting ever, so I don't really have anything to compare it to, but it was an absolutely great experience. I learned so much about my swing during the fitting that I even asked him if he did lessons (he doesn't)! He even helped me out with my driver after we finished, letting me hit on the trackman, analyzing my numbers and explaining them to me, then adjusting my club to optimize it. Can't say enough good things.

Get on their mailing list, this past yr they held 5 demo days in the spring which are awesome! All the major brands on a range outside!! As far as lessons go Steve recommended an instructor to me who teaches out of blue ash. I took a couple lessons and really liked him. Send me a pm if your interested in his contact info.

I had a fitting for the Cobra Amp Cell clubs that I won. I had the fitting at the PGA SS on Rt 17 South in Paramus. Greg was the gentleman who did the fitting. The fitting was completely free with NO pressure to buy anything. They knew I had won the clubs, and still took the time to fit me from Driver to LW. Greg is going to a new PGA SS on Long Island in a few weeks. I highly recommend Greg.

My next step is lessons. After at least 6 months of lessons, depending upon how well I do (lowering my handicap),I'll ask my teacher if I need different clubs. I may either stay with these clubs or get fitted for a new set. But lessons first.

But when I do get fitted for new clubs, I'll probably go down to Club Champion near Philly. I've heard nothing but great things about them.

JT Clubs in San Francisco. The fitting took over three hours but I must have tried over 20 shafts. It was defiantly worth every penny but by the time it was done I was pretty spent...

Was fitted at Golftown where I bought my irons. I was new to golf at the time and knew very little but was lucky enough to have an experiences fitter.

Back