Cobra AMP CELL Driver & AMP CELL Pro Driver Preview

Hit my driver pretty well again this weekend. Loving that I can draw it. My fade didn't really work today but straight is good, right?

Amphibians can Tapatalk... Fear the Frog!

Nice dude! Glad to hear it!! Straight is great !

This is the first driver that I've kept long enough for the blue on the bottom to start wearing off and since the shaft change, I don't see it going anywhere anytime soon.

This is the first driver that I've kept long enough for the blue on the bottom to start wearing off and since the shaft change, I don't see it going anywhere anytime soon.

Concur. And I love flipping drivers.

The only thing I can see dethroning this is the Amp Cell replacement....(bio cell), but that is just a guess as I know nothing about it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I think it is amazing at how much nearly all of us are on the same page with this driver.

I think it is amazing at how much nearly all of us are on the same page with this driver.
Agreed. I have been an absolute driver ho these last 2 years and I have no desire to even look for anything else right now which really says something.

Didn't let me down again. Weather was cold but good, still hitting straight and decently long. I will forever love this club

You have driven the ball better with this driver than anything else ive seen you hit...there isnt even a close 2nd

I don't know what they did with this driver. The dang thing just won't go anywhere but where you aim it. I mean, yes, I can still hit a huge push our pull, but when struck even remotely well it seems like it's always the same result. Everywhere on the face seems to be the sweet spot. And that's saying something because I'm rocking the pro model.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I don't know what they did with this driver. The dang thing just won't go anywhere but where you aim it. I mean, yes, I can still hit a huge push our pull, but when struck even remotely well it seems like it's always the same result. Everywhere on the face seems to be the sweet spot. And that's saying something because I'm rocking the pro model.

That is a great way to put it. It really is AMAZINGLY accurate. Almost scary accurate. E9 face technology is pretty sweet.

I've been watching an eBay auction for a Cobra AMP Cell Offset 10.5, and after perusing this thread I decided to go ahead and buy the darn thing. I've been hitting a Cobra S2 for a few years and really like it, but the AMP deal was too good to pass up. Besides, I wanted to buy myself an early retirement gift. :wink:

50% fairways yesterday which is double than my usual. 220 to 230 yards. Really working for me. I did get some wicked pull hooks when I try too hard.

First time poster here. I need a new driver like I need a hole in my head, I hit my FT iZ pretty well, but all the hype, and some great prices on the 2013 models had me at my local pro shop today to check them out. I've read that the shafts play a bit soft, so I started out with an XS and headed to the range. I hit every single ball I swung at mostly straight and down range. I liked what I felt. Next I tried an XS Kuro Kage with the Amp Cell, this didn't work out well for me, as has been the case with other XS shafts in other drivers I've tried. Finally I tried a Stiff shaft, and was hitting hooks, slices and balloons. They didn't have any XS shafts in the Amp Cell in stock, so I tried a 3/4w in XS, I was crushing it dead straight. I knew I had to buy it. All of the Amp Cell products were 1/2 price, so I got the 3W for $90.00 + tax. I can't wait to get it to the course.

I wound up ordering an Amp Cell driver in XS for $134 shipped on the bay, what a great deal these clubs are! I hope I hit it as well as the 3W.

Luke

First time poster here. I need a new driver like I need a hole in my head, I hit my FT iZ pretty well, but all the hype, and some great prices on the 2013 models had me at my local pro shop today to check them out. I've read that the shafts play a bit soft, so I started out with an XS and headed to the range. I hit every single ball I swung at mostly straight and down range. I liked what I felt. Next I tried an XS Kuro Kage with the Amp Cell, this didn't work out well for me, as has been the case with other XS shafts in other drivers I've tried. Finally I tried a Stiff shaft, and was hitting hooks, slices and balloons. They didn't have any XS shafts in the Amp Cell in stock, so I tried a 3/4w in XS, I was crushing it dead straight. I knew I had to buy it. All of the Amp Cell products were 1/2 price, so I got the 3W for $90.00 + tax. I can't wait to get it to the course.

I wound up ordering an Amp Cell driver in XS for $134 shipped on the bay, what a great deal these clubs are! I hope I hit it as well as the 3W.

Luke

Welcome to THP! The Kuro Kage plays true to flex so everything you said makes sense. Sounds like you were able to try out a few combos and found something that should work well for you. Keep us posted!

Thank you! These clubs look much better in person than in the pictures. I was afraid the color splashes on the shaft and head cover would be tacky, but in "real life" they look great.

I really like the ability to change the loft, I was playing in some fierce wind the other day and would have loved to be able to dial down the loft.

Looking forward to your feedback Lukejt.

Thank you! These clubs look much better in person than in the pictures. I was afraid the color splashes on the shaft and head cover would be tacky, but in "real life" they look great.

I really like the ability to change the loft, I was playing in some fierce wind the other day and would have loved to be able to dial down the loft.

Even in person, I absolutely think the head covers are horrendously ugly.

This.

Even if ugly isn't the right word per se, it's far from the classy look I think most people are going for.

Got the new Amp Cell from EBAY $126, can't wait to give the B.Asha 4S a shot in it. Has anyone messed with trimming the stock shaft? it plays a little long for me.

Got the new Amp Cell from EBAY $126, can't wait to give the B.Asha 4S a shot in it. Has anyone messed with trimming the stock shaft? it plays a little long for me.

I initially cut mine down to 44.75 with the stock shaft, but it still wasn't the right shaft for me, just too whippy. With the 'ahina in it, I'm playing it at 44.25" and loving it.

I initially cut mine down to 44.75 with the stock shaft, but it still wasn't the right shaft for me, just too whippy. With the 'ahina in it, I'm playing it at 44.25" and loving it.
Great news man. This head is really unlocked with the right shaft as has been stated before.

I have had the same question. I believe you have to add lead tape to the head to maintain the same swingweight or just leave it as is if it feels ok to you. I think an inch is 6 swingpoints, so would change a D6 to D0. Of course, you can always just choke down as well. The only issue is if the grip feels too small under your right hand as a result of the taper on the grip.

Black Tie 6m3 installed! Taking it to the range tomorrow. Hopefully I won't be contacted by the FAA for not filing a flight plan for golf balls like the stock shaft.

Black Tie 6m3 installed! Taking it to the range tomorrow. Hopefully I won't be contacted by the FAA for not filing a flight plan for golf balls like the stock shaft.

That should be a killer combo. I still hit the ball fairly high with the low launch, low spin shaft and the loft bumped up to 11.5*, but it's not going into orbit anymore and the reduction in spin is completely worth it.

This.

Even if ugly isn't the right word per se, it's far from the classy look I think most people are going for.

I 100% agree with both of these statements. It's why I rock a super sexy University of Tennessee head cover on mine. Orange on orange!

My Amp Cell is rocking a 913D headcover. Why? Because that one doesn't have holes in it. What were they thinking anyways?!

Back