Official Rant of the Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
RTFM. Read the, er, manual. There's probably a troubleshooting section in there that might help.

On the left above the A button, does that say "LOCK"? Perhaps you locked it somehow? I don't know how though.

No manual--I'm a manual reader. Tried the lock button. No good.

Since the remote controls the box, did you unplug the box for a minute and plug it back in? (Not just turn it off, but totally reboot the dvr?)

Could be time for a new remote. Mine started messing up and I just swapped them out.

We had the same problem with our DVR and after an hour on the phone with Verizon and the tech department they sent someone out and replaced the box. It wasn't our remote it was our box, maybe it's your box?

We had the same problem with our DVR and after an hour on the phone with Verizon and the tech department they sent someone out and replaced the box. It wasn't our remote it was our box, maybe it's your box?

That is what I would suspect as well, if the battery change didn't fix it. I've been through 3 or 4 DVR's, it really sucks when you have stuff recorded that you haven't watched and the hard drive takes a dump.

That is what I would suspect as well, if the battery change didn't fix it. I've been through 3 or 4 DVR's, it really sucks when you have stuff recorded that you haven't watched and the hard drive takes a dump.

I totally agree it's so frustrating! We have been through a few boxes as well. I don't know what happens and why they fry but they do.

This is getting better and better. Not. The only way to deal with Comcast--whether it's the remote or the box--is to take it, in person, to a nasty storefront that looks straight out of the south side of Chicago--all kinds of bulletproof glass and a line of scary-looking people. I can't wait.

This is getting better and better. Not. The only way to deal with Comcast--whether it's the remote or the box--is to take it, in person, to a nasty storefront that looks straight out of the south side of Chicago--all kinds of bulletproof glass and a line of scary-looking people. I can't wait.
Gotta love the customer service

Wow and I thought Verizon was bad. They at least sent someone out to figure out the problem and they switched the box out while they were here. They really can't send a tech person to come look at the box? That's ridiculous!

You have to go to Chicago to get it fixed? That's ridiculous

Spoiler
I know what you meant, but that's how I read it the first time I saw it

Gasmam used to sell those things.

Both the NY Times and the WSJ reported that people with sleep apnea who use them lower than handicaps. Harry just prefers to complain about his golf game, blisters, genetics and life in general.

Both the NY Times and the WSJ reported that people with sleep apnea who use them lower than handicaps. Harry just prefers to complain about his golf game, blisters, genetics and life in general.

Your approach is better and more effective than mine--I'm sympathetic, you whupp him upside the head.

Ypu haven't been to the south side in quite some time then, a lot of improvements have occured.

Thanks, Bonk. I'll dig around when I have a moment.

You're welcome. You know that in the meantime, you can just use the buttons on the STB to access the DVR functions, right?

You're welcome. You know that in the meantime, you can just use the buttons on the STB to access the DVR functions, right?

Uh, STB? If this means the box, that's hard to do from the elliptical machine.

Uh, STB? If this means the box, that's hard to do from the elliptical machine.

LOL, yes Set Top Box. It would be hard to use from the elliptical, but you could start playing the program first. You just couldn't skip through commercials, etc.

Lazy ass family members who take as much as they can, but don't contribute sh!t.

That's all I'm saying.

Hooray! Turning off the DVR for awhile seems to have reset it. Thanks, guys.

I seemed to have gained a couple of pounds since last week. I can't decide if I'll start eating less tomorrow or wait until 1/1/10.

I seemed to have gained a couple of pounds since last week. I can't decide if I'll start eating less tomorrow or wait until 1/1/10.

Just wait. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back