Status
Not open for further replies.
A couple more of my favorites....

The St. Pete Skyway Bridge in St Pete, FL

I took this from the deck of my sailboat, while out searching for photo opts to meet assignments at USF.

1274369_10151694956968401_1902586751_o.jpg

I actually had the above photo printed on canvas and sold 400 copies @ $125 ea.

Beautiful photo of the bridge!

A few experiments today:

10373570106_7632f05e62_b.jpg

10373567316_a960f90490_o.jpg

10373568726_0d63e41bd0_o.jpg

Some great photos in here.

Photography is my job, and other passion really. I've been full time freelance for the past couple of years now after studying a degree in documentary photography.

You can check out my work at www.johnwellings.com and there are links to my blog etc from there too.

Be great to know what you think!

Some great photos in here.

Photography is my job, and other passion really. I've been full time freelance for the past couple of years now after studying a degree in documentary photography.

You can check out my work at www.johnwellings.com and there are links to my blog etc from there too.

Be great to know what you think!

Awesome work.

Ewwww Zombie Crawl 2013!

10505245704_5e0db9ab37_o.jpg

10505426133_d1415fa615_o.jpg
10505416693_faf0583afc_o.jpg

Some cool pictures in here! Will have to post some up some time. I'm not a big photographer, but I do enjoy it and have gotten complements on several photos, so maybe I'm doing something right :D

10767623116_8c5fe74956_c.jpg

Photograpghy was once a hobby of mine. I loved to shoot sports. For a while I was shooting for a local magazine called Western Mass Sports Journal. I shot everything from high school hockey to UCONN basketball to NY Giants football. I just found this thread so I will update it with a few of my pictures this afternoon.

Posted this in the electronics ponder thread but thought someone here might be able to provide advice as well.

Any Mac users here that could lead or point me in the direction of what model to get for my daughter? I've always been a PC guy so I'm clueless about Macs. Going to be buying her a laptop for college for Christmas. She'll be going to Savannah College of Art & Design majoring in Photography in the fall. She'll be using the Mac for digital manipulation of large image files using primarily Adobe Elements, Lightroom and Photoshop.

Having no clue about Macs any recommendations on what I should look for in regards to processors and internal memory? Thanks.

Posted this in the electronics ponder thread but thought someone here might be able to provide advice as well.

Any Mac users here that could lead or point me in the direction of what model to get for my daughter? I've always been a PC guy so I'm clueless about Macs. Going to be buying her a laptop for college for Christmas. She'll be going to Savannah College of Art & Design majoring in Photography in the fall. She'll be using the Mac for digital manipulation of large image files using primarily Adobe Elements, Lightroom and Photoshop.

Having no clue about Macs any recommendations on what I should look for in regards to processors and internal memory? Thanks.

I am a Pro Photographer and use the 2010 Mac Pro Tower. Many pros are moving to the new iMac. Probably where I would go if I was replacing the Mac Pro.

The key to buying any computer that will be used for Photoshop and Lightroom is getting additional RAM. At least 16GB of RAM.

If possible go with the iMac over the Mac Book Pro. Larger screen, detached keyboard are just a few reasons.

Photography

Go Bees! I'm an alumni. My current employer has a post house so I'm not completely up to date on the latest and greatest in editing but...

A laptop isn't the popular choice for photo editing unless you will add a larger color corrected monitor later on. Editing photos on a small screen will be cramped and uncomfortable too.

She will have access to some great editing software and computers at school though. So a laptop for school could work out. That being said, it really depends on what you want to spend.

I would get nothing smaller than a 15". The base 15" mbp with 2.0 i7, 8gb ram and 256gb ssd should be plenty to get her through school. If you want to spend more, upgrade more.
It's way more computer than I had though haha.

Good luck to your daughter, if you or her have any questions on SCAD feel free to PM me anytime.

Some of my new photos.

strange_tongues_by_spiritomb1231-d6wn1nb.jpg
right_where_it_belongs_by_spiritomb1231-d6wn38h.jpg
autumn_feelings_by_spiritomb1231-d6wn442.jpg
our_time_to_shine_by_spiritomb1231-d6tzizc.jpg

Some great captures, Spiritomb!

Go Bees! I'm an alumni. My current employer has a post house so I'm not completely up to date on the latest and greatest in editing but...

A laptop isn't the popular choice for photo editing unless you will add a larger color corrected monitor later on. Editing photos on a small screen will be cramped and uncomfortable too.

She will have access to some great editing software and computers at school though. So a laptop for school could work out. That being said, it really depends on what you want to spend.

I would get nothing smaller than a 15". The base 15" mbp with 2.0 i7, 8gb ram and 256gb ssd should be plenty to get her through school. If you want to spend more, upgrade more.
It's way more computer than I had though haha.

Good luck to your daughter, if you or her have any questions on SCAD feel free to PM me anytime.

Thanks. She did SCAD Rising Star this summer so spent 7 weeks on campus and loved it (A's in both classes). She had a PC laptop with her over the summer and had her portable hard drive set for MAC use and used the schools computer labs which are all MAC quite a bit. I may go with something lighter as she'll have access to those labs which have huge monitors.

Wow....love the photo threads in every discussion forum I frequent. It's amazing the photographic talent that's out there, both technically and artistically. I'm still somewhat of a neophyte technically but like to think I have a little bit of an eye for composition.

every so often I get lucky and catch a moment. this is my neighbor's tree 2 doors down taken from my deck. the morning light comes in between his house and my next door neighbor's house and lights up the tree like a spotlight. in the fall when the leaves change, I get a magnificent view as I sit eating my morning Cheerios. while it's probably not technically great, I think it captures autumn in fast-forward. (we had an brief fall this year...many trees here in middle TN were bare before the colors finished changing)

D7K_7336-XL.jpg

My number one fan "Grandson"

11368484106_184f9734e1_c.jpg

Got a camera while on cruise couple weeks ago as part of my Christmas gift. Loving it so far and may have a new part-time hobby now. Not really sure what I am doing yet but it will fun learning. I bet by the end of the day my family will be hiding from the camera.

My soon to be brother in law got a Canon 5D Mark iii today. A little jealous even if I'm not a Canon guy myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back