Best Shot Of Your Round

Status
Not open for further replies.
140 yard approach shot with my 7 iron (I'm not a long hitter). I was a little left on accident but the wind caught the ball pushing it right and it landed on a downward slope on the green and rolled just inches next to the hole, leaving me with a 6" putt. It was the best shot I've ever had in my short golf career and made for my first birdie! I went on to shoot for bogey or worse on every hole...

Driver shot hit a fairway sprinkler head and left me a long second shot. Holed out on par 4 from 215 out with a 7 wood.

Driver shot hit a fairway sprinkler head and left me a long second shot. Holed out on par 4 from 215 out with a 7 wood.

Thats a great shot!!!

Thats a great shot!!!
oh thanks. I don't think it was great, because it was not my intent. I was hoping just to get close to the green. The green just happen to be 14 yard diameter. Very small and bunkers on each side.
I would much rather be lucky.
Thanks.

140 yard approach shot with my 7 iron (I'm not a long hitter). I was a little left on accident but the wind caught the ball pushing it right and it landed on a downward slope on the green and rolled just inches next to the hole, leaving me with a 6" putt. It was the best shot I've ever had in my short golf career and made for my first birdie! I went on to shoot for bogey or worse on every hole...

Nice shot Congrats on the first birdie!

Not a great round, but I probably had one of the best shots of the season. The Seventh at my club is a 232 yard par 3, uphill. Took my 4W and hit it within 4 feet of the pin. I just walked up and hit it and wasn't really thinking about anything. Will definitely put that one in the memory books.

da3e8y5e.jpg

Taps away

Rancho Solano #17 par5. Tee shot over the tree line. 185 to green on in two with a five iron. 35ft putt for eagle. Settled for birdie.

Tee shot on 12th hole. GPS showed 299 metres (about 325 yards). 165 to the green caught it a bit heavy but still chipped on and made the birdie putt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drained a 25 foot putt for birdie. also hit a nice 4i hybrid shot off the tee on a 189 yd. par 3. A high fade that landed softly and set me up for an easy par.

Hit a 15 yard slice behind a tree with 7 iron to edge of green from 140 yards. Was an accomplishment since I tend to just go left and stay left when I try this shot.

128 yard, par 3

Pin was in the middle, left side of the green. It's a tricky location because there's a shelf that runs just right of the pin location that makes anything right of the pin a difficult putt. It was 50*, wind was in my face, so I decided to hit a knock down 9i. Lined up my shot, put it back of my stance and put on a perfect swing. It started right of the flag and drew in ever so slightly. I thought this baby was going in. Landed 3 ft past the pin, just slightly left, spun back and was with a 3ft tap in birdie pin high. Man one of those shots that had me wishing shoulda, woulda, coulda - tap in birdie is still nice!

Par 3, 220yds downhill. hit a 5i to 7ft and made the birdie putt. Ball mark was 3ft from the hole

3 wood from 260 out on a par 5 to give me a 15 ft putt for eagle(birdied it).

4 iron second shot into a tight fairway with trees either side. Got it nice and long from the rough, with a draw dropping it right in the centre, leaving me an easy chip onto the green.

On consecutive holes (hole 17, a par 3 and hole 18, a par 4), I was five feet and eight feet from the hole. Two putted both of them.

This was hole 18:

amu3e3ys.jpg

This was from Saturday and it wasn't my shot, but it was one of the best shots I've ever seen. We were in a 4-man scramble and we had about 100 yds left into a par-5. The worst golfer on our team was there solely to get hammered and shotgun a beer every time we birdied (we went 12-under). This was our second-to-last hole and he pulls a 6-iron out for a 100-yd shot. We were all thinking what in the hell is he doing? So he hits a bump-and-run (from 100 yds out) and it goes over a little hill just in front of the green, takes the slope and goes straight into the hole. He couldn't hardly stand up from how much he had been drinking, but eagled from the fairway. We went crazy. One of the most fun moments on the course I've ever had. He's a great guy and his game is getting better, so it was really great to see him that excited. I still can't believe it.

Played a little casual match play round yesterday. Came to 18 in a three-way tie. It's a 178 yard par 3, downhill, dead into the wind. Everyone missed the green, 2 guys short, me pin high but off the right side. Both guys pitched on, one to about 15 feet and one to about 10. I was short-sided and having to pitch uphill over a mound, I decided to try a flop knowing I need to hit it close. Not one of my strengths, I opened my stance, and opened the face, and took my hack. The ball popped up nice, landed about a foot short of the pin, and rolled right over the cup leaving a kick in for par. Both guys missed their putts and I took home the cash. HUGE confidence builder to pull that off in a not-so-great round.

Hit a crazy drive into another fairway on #1. Ended up with 105 yards to the flag, but had a row of huge pines in between me and the green. There was no way through them, and only a slight chance that I could get over them. Took SW, opened it up and swung as hard as I could. Cleared the trees and ended up 4ft from the pin.

I almost had my first ace today. Last hole 180 yard par 3, dead into the wind. Hit my 4 hybrid , had a nice right to left gentle curve on it. Hit the front of the green, I was watching it and saw it lip around the cup. Wound up 4 feet uphill. I was all excited, and missed the birdie putt from just relishing the shot. Relatively shoddy round besides that, but that shot will get me back out sokn!

Hit a 160 yard 6 iron from behind a tree that was maybe 30 yards away and just got over the top of the tree. Was 15 feet away on the green.

About a 490 yard par 5. Tree-lined fairway, both sides, water in front and to the right of the green. Hit my tee-shot right into the rough along the tree-line. Figured I'd lay up. Didn't want to challenge the water from 240ish. Chunked my layup shot about 40 yards. Still in the rough, looking at 200 over the water. Had to fade it because of the tree-line. Hit a 4 iron to the right fringe. Proceeded to 3-putt a bogey but that 3rd shot was one of my best ever.

Last edited:
Hit a hybrid 185 into a strong wind over a lake to get on a par 5 in two. Easy 2-putt birdie!

Two good shots yesterday:

I hit the second shot on a par 5 went into the deep front bunker, ball was 35 yards from hole, all that was visible was top of the flag. I hit it to 2 feet for easy birdie.

Second shot on a par 4 from 142, up hill with 15 mph crossing wind to severely sloping green. I hit a little knock down 7 iron that I thought was way too long but the ball trickled down to one foot below the hole for a kick-in birdie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back