Had a "go the f--- to sleep" night with the baby. Of course now that the sun is up, he's sleeping great. We really need him to get his days and nights sorted out.

Ahh the good ole reverse cycling. Hang in there buddy it will get better. It usually doesn't last too long. Both my daughters went thru it. It sucks but all will get better soon.

So last night while we were all at our family table eating supper. It was the usual battle, "You need to eat" "Stop talking and eat" so on and so on. Well our 3 year old likes to move around while she eats, swing her chair back and forth on it's rotating center (like an office chair). So she had swung the chair to her right and hit the right chair arm on the table a few times, bump, bump, bump. So her Mom was getting frustrated and told her to "Stop, and eat" and this was voiced a few times. Finally after a few more BUMPS, my wife says to her, "If you do it again, your done and you can go to your room!" So my 3 year old, all straight faced, staring right at her Mom, swings the chair to her right...one....more....time, but THIS time she stops right before the BUMP and just lightly taps the table, so lightly that it doesn't make a sound, just coming to a rest.
I personally was trying not to laugh out loud and had to turn away (towards my wife) as to not allow my 3 year old to see that I thought it was funny. My wife, was trying to keep a straight face (and not laugh too). Priceless!

This is my struggle at one meal a day with my 3 year old. This morning she orders up a bagel Sammie with egg and cheese. I make and give her milk. Three bits on one half and she refused to eat. I tell her to eat and she stands her ground. I stand mine and I lose.
She'll be hungry later and will eat. I hate the wasting of food, it's a bad habit to pick up. I still struggle with this activity but I'm getting better at letting it go, it's tough

This is my struggle at one meal a day with my 3 year old. This morning she orders up a bagel Sammie with egg and cheese. I make and give her milk. Three bits on one half and she refused to eat. I tell her to eat and she stands her ground. I stand mine and I lose.
She'll be hungry later and will eat. I hate the wasting of food, it's a bad habit to pick up. I still struggle with this activity but I'm getting better at letting it go, it's tough

My almost 2 and a half year old daughter does that, mostly at dinner. She eats a tiny bit, then says she's all done. Ten minutes later she's asking for cheerios because she's still hungry. We tell her too bad, should have eaten dinner, she'll have breakfast in the morning. Kids are so darn stubborn.

You'll get it sorted out Ary. First one was harder for us. I'm sure you know all the tips already. Neither of ours were great sleepers the first year, though they didn't have the night/day mix-up. Just woke up a lot and went back to sleep.

Had a "go the f--- to sleep" night with the baby. Of course now that the sun is up, he's sleeping great. We really need him to get his days and nights sorted out.

Obviously he has to nap during the day, but try not to make it "sound" napping. We always had our kids take their day naps downstairs in their play yard instead of in their room. We'd go about our normal day; tv on, vacuuming, all other normal stuff to make sure there was noise to help them learn to sleep through that stuff. They would still get the sleep they needed, and sleep more soundly at night when it was dead quiet. Of course, at a real young age they still need to eat every couple hours.

You'll get it sorted out Ary. First one was harder for us. I'm sure you know all the tips already. Neither of ours were great sleepers the first year, though they didn't have the night/day mix-up. Just woke up a lot and went back to sleep.

That's the biggest misconception, you would think that I would know that stuff. But I don't work in primary care pediatrics, so I feel like I'm clueless. I think that he was just having gas last night. I had to hold him at one point for like 20 minutes because he was having hiccups.

Obviously he has to nap during the day, but try not to make it "sound" napping. We always had our kids take their day naps downstairs in their play yard instead of in their room. We'd go about our normal day; tv on, vacuuming, all other normal stuff to make sure there was noise to help them learn to sleep through that stuff. They would still get the sleep they needed, and sleep more soundly at night when it was dead quiet. Of course, at a real young age they still need to eat every couple hours.

That's the weird part, he's fine during the day even when we have him in the pack and play in our living room, with either TV or music on. We thought that would get him to realize it was daytime, but it hasn't happened yet. I guess he's still pretty young.

Heck, right now, there are guys on our front steps that are powerwashing the steps. The baby is sleeping through that! I wish he would do that at 3 AM.

It won't take too long, though I know it sucks. Best advice I can give is to treat night like night. No talking, lights off, wrap him up tight, feed him and try to rock him to sleep. Won't work all the time, but the more you stick with it, the better it will get. Good luck buddy! First year is a real tough one at times. Real tough.

Also, we had two babies that didn't like to burp and ended up pretty gassy. The doc told us to sit them on our laps (with their heads cupped in our left hand) and pat themthat way. Even rock them back and forth a little like one of those balancing egg toys. Only so much you can do though.

Our kids were gassy too. The leg pumps worked decently most of the time. Lay them on their back and pump those legs, sometimes both at the same time worked best, sometimes alternating pumps worked best.

It won't take too long, though I know it sucks. Best advice I can give is to treat night like night. No talking, lights off, wrap him up tight, feed him and try to rock him to sleep. Won't work all the time, but the more you stick with it, the better it will get. Good luck buddy! First year is a real tough one at times. Real tough.
A repeatable routine that starts at the same time each night is extremely helpful. It sets an expectation and helps transition them from play/eat/whatever time to sleep time.

Also helpful is the realization (which my parents had to remind me of at one point) that a crying kid is going to be okay and it is okay to let them go to sleep that way.

Our first parent teacher conferences of the year were last night. The one that we were expecting maybe not the best news about was pretty darn solid, did reasonably well on the first set of standardized testing, good progress report academically, etc. And the one that we might have expected better news about presented us with some challenges and opportunities for improvement.

It's times like this when having a little girl is awesome. Sure, she has her meltdowns. But it's nothing near the pure nonsense that I've seen from boys her age.

Of course, in about 10 more years the tables will turn.

Yes Sir.... Now that 2 of mine are teenagers, I am super thankful that I had 3 boys. I see the living hell that some of my friend's teenage girls are and just breathe a sigh of relief.

Now have two kids with jacked up front teeth. The boy had an accident in the tub at age two that was quite traumatizing on us all.

Today, the baby pulled up on her pack and play (it was folded up) and it fell and whacked her two new baby chompers. Blood everywhere, loose teeth, gum is a little cut up. Poor baby. Nothing we can do about it either, other than make sure they don't fall out and get swallowed. Have to hope they'll firm up and not die.

You and me both brother! I struggle too, usually I'll give her the "Oh you're done eating then?" I'll go to pull her plate away and she'll throw a fit, and act like she's ready to eat, takes a bite maybe...then back into the trench she goes, digging in for round two. The last time she did that, I DID take her food away and put in the fridge. The wife wasn't to thrilled, but I told her I wasn't playing this game anymore. The 3 year old ran to her room crying, because you know, I was "being mean to her." How do you rationalize with 3 year old? SMH Sooooo she finally came back and apologized once she realized she was either going to eat what she had, or nothing at all. I have to keep telling myself that my 3 year old will get better once she gets to be more around 5 and starts to "grow up" some. My 5 year old is still a kid, but knows when I mean what I'm saying...the 3 year old is not there, yet.

Now have two kids with jacked up front teeth. The boy had an accident in the tub at age two that was quite traumatizing on us all.

Today, the baby pulled up on her pack and play (it was folded up) and it fell and whacked her two new baby chompers. Blood everywhere, loose teeth, gum is a little cut up. Poor baby. Nothing we can do about it either, other than make sure they don't fall out and get swallowed. Have to hope they'll firm up and not die.

Sorry to hear that Hawk. That sucks and breaks you're heart all at the same time. I feel for ya!

Sorry to hear about that, hope she's okay. You may want to have them looked at by the dentist, Ryan. We had something similar happen to the daughter, took her to the dentist and were advised of potential ramifications that I don't currently remember to the permanent teeth.

Sorry to hear about that, hope she's okay. You may want to have them looked at by the dentist, Ryan. We had something similar happen to the daughter, took her to the dentist and were advised of potential ramifications that I don't currently remember to the permanent teeth.

We called and spoke to one for awhile. Oddly enough, I have experience in this with the boy. How embarrassing lol.

Basically, they can't do anything with them at her age, because there really isn't much tooth there. With an older child, they can sort of splint them into place, but with her they can't. They'll either come out, or the area will heal and tighten them back up. We're taking her in on Monday to the Dr we spoke to. Really, our main worry is just that they don't fall out unexpectedly (and she inhales them) and that she's able to nurse/drink bottles (which she was able to do without any issues).

Our daughter's tooth was broken horizontally inside the gum and there was some concern about the root (?) or maybe the integrity of the canal for the adult tooth (?) if the baby tooth came out, which it thankfully never did. She was maybe 2. Anyway, hope it all works out for you guys.

Freddie, we used to have that struggle too, then we found mini bagels, helps cut down the food waste, and the anxiety it puts in us parents.

No better feeling than your child falling asleep in your arms (even if your arm is asleep also).
aru8y7yz.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Proud Papa moment. Just got our "fall pictures" back and little man is a little over 3 months old. Here are a few that we got back.

That's a cute kid. Congrats!

Haha. Those are great! Cute kid you got there!

Nice pics Sanzabar, very cute family.

Fall pictures are always fun, here's a couple from our last session!

Back