Best and Worse Style Trends - Golf History

This thread makes me feel like we could just guess the relative age of the posters

Worst: flat brims.
Best: 1/2 zip gray sweaters. Wish they looked better on me.

I cannot wait to rock my bucket hat playing with some of you all. :alien:

Worst:
Flat bills, uber pleated pants (one or maybe two is ok), flat bills, John Daly, and did I mention flat bills?

Best:
Fitted polos, flat front pants, and modern materials (polyester/moisture wicking). I remember sweating my nuts off in 95* weather back in the 90's in all cotton, worst thing ever.

I cannot wait to rock my bucket hat playing with some of you all. :alien:

I cannot express how much I look forward to playing with you and your bucket hat

Anytime knickers are involved its awesome.
Oversized polos, flat brims and Snedekers visor are awful.

Worst: Sweaters, vests and flat bill caps.

Best: Most all of the modern moisture wicking shirts, shorts, pants and of course underwear!

worst: new "spikeless" shoes. I can buy shoes from shoe parade that do the same for waayy less.
best: those little skort things that Creamer wears. :)

As the OP said, this is just based on personal preference.

Love:
the new fabrics, drifit, climalite, moisture-wicking, etc...
Flat-front pants and white belts

Not for me:
Flat brim hats like Fowler and Mahan wear or visors
Those golf shoes that Els and Couples wear (they look like they'll putt out and go jump on their skateboard)

Worst: visors and cotton shirts

From the looks of this thread I probably shouldn't wear my flatbill puma hats to any THP events.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Worst: visors and cotton shirts

From the looks of this thread I probably shouldn't wear my flatbill puma hats to any THP events.

You'll be fine wearing them, we are very accepting of those who chose to look a bit off :D

You'll be fine wearing them, we are very accepting of those who chose to look a bit off :D

I'll just make sure I'm wearing a bright orange shirt and a pair of loudmouth pants.

Worse: anything Doug Sanders would conjure up as fashion

Best: Tiger and Nike's Dri-Fit clothing line....Spikeless shoes

iPhone 5 Tappin

Worst: visors and flatbill caps
Best: Payne Stewart, loved the plus fours so much that I wear them when playing now along with the rest of the ensemble from the driver cap to the argyle socks

Worst: 1999 Ryder Cup shirts, Woody Austin's shirts, knickers

Best: white belts, clothes that fit, Ian Poulter, metal spikes (love that crunch sound against the concrete)

Worst: Flat brimmed caps (I see a trend here), pleated pants, most Loudmouth golf products, skin tight turtleneck golf shirts, gusset flaps on golf shoes, mid-calf argyle socks

Best: European cut golf shirts (shorter sleeves), moisture wicking materials, ankle socks

Best: What ever one is comfortable in. For me that's bright colors and flat brims.

Worst: Not wearing what you want because you feel like you will be ridiculed for wearing something someone else doesn't like.

Best and Worse Style Trends - Golf History

As many have already said, flat brims. They look utterly ridiculous!!! I'd also add those stupid looking Tabasco polo's that certain tour pro's used to wear not so long ago! Oh, and anything Brian Barnes is wearing here
74DE0694-65C2-465D-B383-FF371F91DBD4-748-000000A9EAC581C4_zps99669319.jpg

Best. For me it's a pair of decent fitting tartan trousers.

Back