#TheKing Is Here - 3rd Contest

So what do you do if you get in to prepare for this awesome event?

I think I will end up working on my short game. Missing way too many putts right now that are certainly make-able. Also need to work on my chipping and sand game. Chipping is good, but could be better. Sand game is horrible, but I'm usually able to prevent getting into the sand.

Work on consistency off the tee and probably my putting. My short irons are pretty decent but one can always do more work. Know of anyone who can assist with this?

Good question. Practice with a purpose of becoming better all around--more accurate off the tee, more control with my irons, and improve my short game and putting. Harry and his crew are not gonna go down without a fight even though losing to Harry would be kind of embarrassing. That means continuing to take lessons and hit the range and practice green as often as I can. Also, I'll be letting the world know via Twitter how we will be taking it to Harry in the King.

Indoor putting mainly. Continue on with the diet I am on to try and drop some lbs. Winter practice will be tough, as there aren't facilities nearby that fit the bill of what I want to work on.

Good thing my first round or two of the season are statistically my best. No bad habits that early in the season, and my drives are usually longer than normal.

Normally my range opens up in February and I'll go the first day, then maybe twice a month until my course opens in Late March or April. Seeing as though that would leave little prep time on course, I'd be upping my visits to at least once a week. Also, right now I do some chipping and putting in my living room, but usually just about 10 minutes each a week, just to keep up the feel of the 2 clubs I use by far the most. Should I be lucky enough to be chosen, I'd be upping that to at least 10 minutes each every day. Also, I'd do my damnest to find out which tees we'd be playing off, and study the courses regularly and decide how I'm going to play them (for example I've already noticed that from the tips, the National course requires a lot of 210 yard shots). Once decided, I'll work hard on the clubs I'd be using the most :)

We are with the folks at Callaway Golf right now and are discussing all of these great entries.
We will have the winners announced in a couple of days.

We are with the folks at Callaway Golf right now and are discussing all of these great entries.

Have fun!

For me it starts with the flat stick, especially since that is the easiest to work on indoors over the winter. After that, work on my driver as that was my next biggest issue at the end of the season. Physical training will be big to make sure my legs can handle all the golf. That's all stuff I plan to do anyway, but will be much more rigorous if I'm preparing for this event.

Some great stuff from the #imwithchad crew, you guys will be just fine. The #imwithharry guys, might want another game plan.

But out seriously, I'm glad so many chimed in. Report THP and Callaway as well as your side will be key. Having fun will be paramount.

So cool how involved Callaway is wit this! So many good entries, you all have your work cut out for you!!!

There were some really good entries. You guys have your work cut out for you.

Some great stuff from the #imwithchad crew, you guys will be just fine. The #imwithharry guys, might want another game plan.

But out seriously, I'm glad so many chimed in. Report THP and Callaway as well as your side will be key. Having fun with be paramount.

Fun is a no brainer when you consider who will be leading each team and the final teams, I'm sure. It will be a little more fun for the #ImwithHarry folks, but I'm sure Chad and his bunch will have a great time as well.

All kidding aside it is a tremendous opportunity to compete with each other and rep THP along with our Captain. Who wouldn't have fun with that?

#ImWithHarry!

JM

But out seriously, I'm glad so many chimed in. Report THP and Callaway as well as your side will be key. Having fun with be paramount.

Exactly Tadashi...I see we both are vying for a spot with TeamChad...talk about WINNERS. If the Panda is selected watch out TEam Harry.

As for me if selected...

1. Take a moment to reflect, catch my breathe, then scream again. Note I have young children so please keep the announcement during the day. :)

2. Work on course management as with match play events you have to analyze risk over reward with every shot.

3. Short game is a must and work on those putts from 15-20ft. This will deliver the knock out blow and leave your opponent incapable of keeping a clear mindset.

4. Range work, range work, range work.

5. Have fun. This is THP, Callaway, and #theKing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But out seriously, I'm glad so many chimed in. Report THP and Callaway as well as your side will be key. Having fun will be paramount.

This is a given with that many THP and Callaway folks in attendance! And if the Swing Panda makes the cut for #TeamChad, there will be no hope for #TeamHarry to win!

It's all good Panda! I applaud your enthusiasm for the #imwithchad gang! Butch my friend I hate to tell you that you're dead wrong on this. Team #imwithHarry will circle the king as he's crowned

#TheKing Is Here - 3rd Contest

I'll get a hold of my instructor and work out a plan, step up my whole practice regiment to make sure I am at my absolute best when performance time comes.

I'll also talk with many THPers who have participated in events such as the Grandaddy, the MC and Other similar formats. So that I have an understanding of the pressure that I will face during the event and how to deal with it.

I will also try and get as many competitive rounds in with THPers as possible, before hand in preparation for the King.

#imwithharry

Wow, awesome question!
I'll try my best to answer.

I will be starting lessons here in a couple of weeks, my discussions with my instructor through email has my focus on 3 things.
Setup
Ball Striking
Short Game

It's these things that my initial lessons will focus on, we decided together that this would be a better approach to hit the ground running in '14.

I am a proud person, and I expect myself to utilize these upcoming lessons to sharpen the skills that I do have, and discover skills I had no idea I could achieve.
There is time to do so, and it's my every intention to make it happen!
An event like the #Grandaddy demands the best out of my game, there simply is no other option.
If I fail to be at my best, I let THP, My teammates, and myself down. That cannot happen, as there are many very deserving others who would have been willing to put the work in. It would also be a disservice to them not to give it 110%!

I also would lean on teammates of mine, former participants in the Morgan Cup, and The Dream Team members,and THP Staff. Sponge information from them about practice, preparation, and strategy.
So that I'm in a good mental place to do my best!

It's my every intention to give my all and make THP, my Teammates, and myself proud!

Lol this turned into #TheKing prep thread

Lol this turned into #TheKing prep thread

Yeah, I replied after reading Freddie's question, then thought whoops off topic, but left the answer.

There I go again!

#imwithharry!

I'm really hoping to make a strong run to get into theKing and/or the Morgan Cup. If I'm successful, my strength and stamina has to improve a great deal as well as my golf game. After playing all week in Myrtle, and then playing 36 on Saturday at the Gauntlet, this became crystal clear to me. So, I've put a plan together to get this old body stronger and more fit, and a swing training plan targeted for TheKing in April to improve my weaknesses (fairway metals and rescues) and tighten up the irons. #bringit!

#ImWithHarry

Considering my area has begun the seasonal piling of the snow, I will be doing a whole lot of snowboarding. Then more snowboarding. And then even more snowboarding. Once the courses become visible again and open as of April 1st, I will be there shaking the rust from the trees

To prepare I will be performing thumb exercises to verbally take down #HashtagChad and his minions of Bieber believers.

Then I will religiously work on my short game, sand game, and mid irons to deconstruct them on the course!

#ImWithHarry

On my iPhone T.. T.. Tapatalking away!

I'll prepare same way I am now, with a thorough overhaul of my swing with my GolfTEC instructor over the winter, and eating as much turkey and stuffing over the holidays to store up energy for #theking

Back