Callaway Apex Irons Preview

That is interesting.

From the tungsten insert possibly? Reminds me of the TM 320's and their "feel cartridge"

IMG_8788_5657_1_thumb.jpg
$(KGrHqRHJDoFHi2neBgJBR6ZNsBcsg~~60_35.JPG

I got the 5-AW. Will post this one side-by-side pic. The long irons (3-5) have a different finish on the sole, which honestly I don't know what it's from. I read something about the Pros having some insert in the long irons, but I'm not sure about these.

IMG_0696_zps733154b9.jpg

I got the same set up as you did and I believe it is the tungsten insert. Thanks for the nice pics!!

IMG_0702_zpsb8c6b581.jpg

IMG_0699_zpsd04c7127.jpg

IMG_0698_zps2b3cc2cd.jpg

IMG_0697_zps8926b6c8.jpg

IMG_0695_zpsa6bd4fbb.jpg

Oh man, forgot just how pretty those are in hand. Can't wait to hear additional thoughts on these!

Those are really nice looking irons.

I was at a golfsmith this afternoon and tried to find some demo Apex irons. No dice. The search for seeing those irons in person continues.

Those really are super good looking. I like the black on the cavity, just a subtle addition, but is very nice imho.

They look incredible. I NEED to hit them.

Can around compare these to the new Taylormade irons? Didn't know if anyone was at both events...

I'm in LOVE with these irons...after playing Ping G2, G5, G10, G15, G20, and now G25, I've ordered a set of these in the Recoil shaft, which in my opinion is the big part of this club. I've been playing senior flex steel, and went to regular flex graphite, picked up 2 MPH of swing speed with Apex 6-iron. I was concerned about the loss of offset which I had become used to with the Ping G irons. I called Callaway and got one of the reps to give me the offset numbers. For some reason I didn't get the numbers for the 5-iron, I'll call back and get them. But I put a little sheet together comparing offset, loft, and length of shaft for the Apex, Ping G25, Titleist AP1 914, and the new TM Speed blades...I thought the differences were striking and say a lot about what each company is trying to do....

I'm in LOVE with these irons...after playing Ping G2, G5, G10, G15, G20, and now G25, I've ordered a set of these in the Recoil shaft, which in my opinion is the big part of this club. I've been playing senior flex steel, and went to regular flex graphite, picked up 2 MPH of swing speed with Apex 6-iron. I was concerned about the loss of offset which I had become used to with the Ping G irons. I called Callaway and got one of the reps to give me the offset numbers. For some reason I didn't get the numbers for the 5-iron, I'll call back and get them. But I put a little sheet together comparing offset, loft, and length of shaft for the Apex, Ping G25, Titleist AP1 914, and the new TM Speed blades...I thought the differences were striking and say a lot about what each company is trying to do....

Nice comparison chart!

Thanks for the chart frank! The apex lofts appear to be very similar to the mizuno jpx 825 I've been gaming. I mainly look at the PW GW and SW to determine wedge set up. Can't wait to hit these bad boys.

Just had these in hand at Golfsmith, wow they look great, going to do some research maybe these instead of the Pro's....

Just had these in hand at Golfsmith, wow they look great, going to do some research maybe these instead of the Pro's....

Take the extra forgiveness and run!

Back