Birdieball Putting Greens

So are you draining 10 feet and in now consistently?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

I played in a 9 hole scramble last week and made 3 putts over 15 feet+. On the birdieball, I'd say I'm making 80% of putts from 10 feet...but that's rolling the same sort of putt over and over and I've always been a pretty good putter. Just want to get more consistent :)

Sweet guys good to hear that. Any of you have the Seemore triangular putting tool?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

I also want to say, from my experience, putting is all about confidence. I believe confidence can often time overrule having a great stroke. The more putts you make consistently during practice will help you in the long run. It's like the article I read saying to start from 1 ft and hit 10 putts and then 2 feet and so on. You'll make a lot of putts to start out which should help you as you progress away from the hole. http://pluggedingolf.com/putting-start-with-makes/

Out for delivery!

Well, that sucks. They were kind enough to call and tell me that the upgrade can't apply to 4x9 as no model upgrades to it. Upgrades are used for length extension not width.

Unsure what to do....pay for the 4x9 with upgrade to 4x13 (afraid it will be too long).

Cancel order?

Stick with 4x9 and ask for upgrade credit applied elsewhere (not sure they will do that).

Well, that sucks. They were kind enough to call and tell me that the upgrade can't apply to 4x9 as no model upgrades to it. Upgrades are used for length extension not width.

Unsure what to do....pay for the 4x9 with upgrade to 4x13 (afraid it will be too long).

Cancel order?

Stick with 4x9 and ask for upgrade credit applied elsewhere (not sure they will do that).

You could get the 2x9 upgraded to 2x18 and have them cut in half and tape them together down the seam to get 4x9. No idea if that makes sense price wise or effort wise, but sounds like they do custom stuff like that as an option.

Cancel order?

You could get the 2x9 upgraded to 2x18 and have them cut in half and tape them together down the seam to get 4x9. No idea if that makes sense price wise or effort wise, but sounds like they do custom stuff like that as an option.

This could work. You'd have to get the 2 x 13.5 upgraded to the 2 x 18, then cut in half. Looks like it would save you $21 after the 30% off.

I have an email in to them this morning to see if this request is realistic. I'm asking them to put holes in both ends of the 9' sections so when used at 4' wide, you have 2 holes at each end. Hole plugs so you can use it as 2x18 in the hallway.

This could work. You'd have to get the 2 x 13.5 upgraded to the 2 x 18, then cut in half. Looks like it would save you $21 after the 30% off.

You're right, I get confused easily. :D

Thanks for the input guys! Decided to just go with the 2x13.5 model.

Thanks for the input guys! Decided to just go with the 2x13.5 model.

Cool! Can't wait to hear what you think of it, and how much your putting game improves as a result.

Grrr....

Arrived at local Post Office - Allow one to two additional days for delivery

Ordered yesterday and shipped yesterday. Impressive.

This thing has made a difference in my putting. Sunk some long putts yesterday

I got my mat in today and it came with a dozen BirdieBalls. Just one question, do I putt on the rough side or the smoother side? I want to get this set up on the weekend and start rolling some putts.

I got my mat in today and it came with a dozen BirdieBalls. Just one question, do I putt on the rough side or the smoother side? I want to get this set up on the weekend and start rolling some putts.

Rough side up...

My 4x18 arrived today! But it's gonna have to stay in the box for awhile - until I get the basement repainted. Now I'm suddenly motivated to paint.

That's one way to get some extra motivation! That's the size I'm thinking about getting for my dad's basement.

I wish I could've made it even wider, but I'm sure this will be fine. Like I said before, it would've been cheaper to put in an entire room of this stuff compared to the carpet that my wife ordered for the basement!

Have my 2' by 14' rolled out in the basement. It's rolling pretty good. They did forget to send me the bag I ordered to store it in, but it really wasn't that big of a deal to me. I think I'm going to leave it rolled out most of the time. I emailed them, thanking them for the upgrade, and the birdie balls they sent. I also mentioned that they forgot to send the bag, but I was planning on ordering a green for my dad for christmas, so they could just send an extra bag then, and save them some shipping cost. Well, they replied back and said thanks for the offer, but they were sending me a bag right away, because they want everyone to get what they ordered. They also sent me a 15% off code to use on the order for my dad. Right after that email, they emailed again, and said, "I didn't realize you were part of the Hacker's Paradise Group, I've bumped your discount code back up to 30% for when you purchase a green for your dad".

Pretty good service with this company so far. I will definitely give them some more business. On a side note, I'm kinda excited to test out the birdie balls they sent me this spring in my back yard.
Welcome to THP misike - just noticed you're sorta new! Where in Ohio are you? It seems like quite a few OH THPers have recently purchased the Birdieball greens, which gives me visions of a winter Birdieball tournament (or maybe a pub crawl from "home course" to "home course" lol!)

Welcome to THP misike - just noticed you're sorta new! Where in Ohio are you? It seems like quite a few OH THPers have recently purchased the Birdieball greens, which gives me visions of a winter Birdieball tournament (or maybe a pub crawl from "home course" to "home course" lol!)

Grins, I'm in Stow, OH. Like the idea of a pub crawl, lol. I've been putting on my matt for around 15 minutes a day, really starting to groove my swing. It will be nice to see some sort of translation to on course putting improvement in the spring. Think I played my last outside round of the year last weekend. It's snowing here now, as I'm sure it is in Akron too.

Grins, I'm in Stow, OH. Like the idea of a pub crawl, lol. I've been putting on my matt for around 15 minutes a day, really starting to groove my swing. It will be nice to see some sort of translation to on course putting improvement in the spring. Think I played my last outside round of the year last weekend. It's snowing here now, as I'm sure it is in Akron too.

Mismike,
There are a bunch of is in the Stow area. We all need to connect for a winter outing. Indoor of course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine arrived today, setting up tomorrow for some practice.

Got about 45 mins practice on mine too. I really enjoy it. One of the things I really like about these is you can actually leave a putt short. Previous practice putting greens for me were like lightning.

Was practicing on mine for the entire first half of the Notre Dame game. I can really see this as a great practice tool for me this winter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got about 45 mins practice on mine too. I really enjoy it. One of the things I really like about these is you can actually leave a putt short. Previous practice putting greens for me were like lightning.

This is so true. I can always tell when I don't make a good stroke and it usually leaves the putt short while well struck shots go just a little past the hole. From what I can tell working with this and a real green is that the speed of the birdieball green is pretty true to life.

FYI another caption contest on twitter to win a 4x14 monster.

Back