Electronics Pondering

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that I have rid myself of that craptastic iPad I was using, its time for a new Tablet. Since we already have the Note 8.0, I am debating on getting the Nexus 7. Love the features. Love the price point and its blazing fast.

Im just not sure on the size. I have wanted 8" the whole time. Just love that size and form factor. Not sure the 7" will be large enough, especially considering the size of my cell phone.
Love the Nexus, love it.

Had I not escaped with my iPad, it would probably have been the direction I went.

Either that or took the plunge on the surface, which I still might get.

Its a fine device. Works very well for those that like the OS.
As I had said previously, for what its good for, its great. After using a few others, there is nothing that the iPad did for us that the Android does not, but there is quite a lot that the Android does for us that the iPad did not. Others mileage may vary.

I understand that, guess I was responding to "craptastic." I just know that for what I need, it does everything, and does it well. It isn't an all in one device, but I prefer to do my typing on a full keyboard and for tapatalk, watching movies, and surfing the web casually the ipad is awesome

I just cant figure out if its an inch too small.
That screen is really good. Its blazing fast. And best of all its $200 & you get a $25 Google Play store credit.

I understand that, guess I was responding to "craptastic." I just know that for what I need, it does everything, and does it well. It isn't an all in one device, but I prefer to do my typing on a full keyboard and for tapatalk, watching movies, and surfing the web casually the ipad is awesome

I dont disagree. But frankly all of that stuff is virtually the same on every single tablet out there. And putting media on the Android device is far easier than the iPad. Again, there is nothing wrong with the tablet, but you have to really love the OS to want to pay those dollars for it because there are so many out there that do the same thing or more for less money.

That screen is really good. Its blazing fast. And best of all its $200 & you get a $25 Google Play store credit.
I dunno dude, you love the Note 8 size, so I dont think the 7 would be too much of a sacrifice.

I still dont get the ipad bashing? For those that have a laptop and don't need the ability to work on spreadsheets and word documents and such why is it such a bad device? I enjoy the itunes interface and the look of the IOS. It does everything I need to do and does it well..

Nothing against the iPad, as I have never used one. But what do you think about your Nexus 7? I actually use mine a lot more than I figured I would. I don't think Jacqui has used it at all.

Nothing against the iPad, as I have never used one. But what do you think about your Nexus 7? I actually use mine a lot more than I figured I would. I don't think Jacqui has used it at all.

I am not a huge fan. Never have really cared for the way the Android operating system honestly. The screen is much smaller than my ipad, it has really just sat in my room since I bought it. Used it for a day or two and honestly just much prefer the iPad

I dunno dude, you love the Note 8 size, so I dont think the 7 would be too much of a sacrifice.

My only fear is that is it too close to the same size as my Note 3?
And on a related topic, are you squinting at your phone yet? :D

Damnit.

I guess I am pondering the surface hard now.

My only fear is that is it too close to the same size as my Note 3?
And on a related topic, are you squinting at your phone yet? :D
I could see how the 7" tablet would be too close to your phone.

And yes, my iPhone is freaking tiny. Damn phone envy.

Yanked? They took it back?
The new Surface is ridiculous. Just lacks Tapatalk.

I could see how the 7" tablet would be too close to your phone.

And yes, my iPhone is freaking tiny. Damn phone envy.

What man does not want a few extra extras for a couple of hundred bucks?
This was honestly asked to me when I bought my first HDTV (Mitsubishi Platinum Series Rear Projection) years ago by the nice lady sales person.

Yanked? They took it back?
The new Surface is ridiculous. Just lacks Tapatalk.
No, no, I still have it.

But, am trying to figure out if the Surface could function as a multi-device so that I dont have to lug around my laptop from home to the 2 different shops. Basically, i would need Point of Sale, Office, and Go to My PC on the Surface for it to be able to do what I need to cover having to carry the laptop.

Need to do some research.

Does anyone have a recommendation for an in-ear noise cancellation headphone? My wife is looking and she refuses to use an over the ear headphone like the Bose QC15. I would prefer to avoid Bose level pricing for her if possible.

No, no, I still have it.

But, am trying to figure out if the Surface could function as a multi-device so that I dont have to lug around my laptop from home to the 2 different shops. Basically, i would need Point of Sale, Office, and Go to My PC on the Surface for it to be able to do what I need to cover having to carry the laptop.

Need to do some research.

I believe you would need Surface Pro and then yes, most of that would function well.

Nexus 10 too big for you?

Yup. Similar size to the iPad.

Yup. Similar size to the iPad.

I get that. Thought you might be interested in the 2nd Gen Nexus 10 getting released next week, but the size issue still remains.

I get that. Thought you might be interested in the 2nd Gen Nexus 10 getting released next week, but the size issue still remains.

Its a pretty bad arse machine. If size was not a factor, I would probably have stuck with the iPad since we already have it despite neither of us liking it even close to the Note series. The new Note 10 is pretty awesome too.

In a perfect world, I would grab another 8.0 Note, but being how we use these devices, just not sure its worth the extra money compared to the Nexus 7.

I believe you would need Surface Pro and then yes, most of that would function well.
See, thats the thing, spending $699 for a tablet just blows my mind.

See, thats the thing, spending $699 for a tablet just blows my mind.

Very true. However at that point its not really a tablet despite the form factor.

Very true. However at that point its not really a tablet despite the form factor.
I need to research.

I need a tablet. ..Let's hear it.

Basic usage nothing crazy

Nexus 7 for the money if you like the smaller form factor.
And for $200 its a bargain.

I need a tablet. ..Let's hear it.

Basic usage nothing crazy
What size?

New Note tablets are sweet, I am a fan of the iPad for Media consumption and basic tasks. I am, however, reading up a good bit on the Surface currently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back