2014 Callaway Big Bertha

Whoa, whoa, whoa!!! It just hit me! Info hitting on here December 2nd? I'm at Callaway ONE week later?! HOLY CRAP! I may get to get a gander of these in real life?! Wowzers! "So you're telling me their's a CHANCE."

Yep! It's gonna be pretty sweet! Might even be able to try one before it's released to the public. I am intrigued to see both of these drivers. While I know the adjustable COG is going to be a pretty neat feature but I am wondering how many people will actually benefit from it.

Either way I know Callaway is going to bring it with this line and it's going to be pretty cool to maybe give them a go.

Looking forward to seeing the info on these. My original big Bertha just came out of the bag this spring, so I would not be disappointed to put another Bertha in the bag!!

We will have tons of info on this going up on 12/2.

Going to be checking often on December 2nd! Can't wait to hear more info on the new Bertha line!

12/2 cant come soon enough. I am very interested to see how these new drivers look and preform. I just hope the crown isnt white.

Lot of chatter on this. Should be interesting. Good thing Phil the Thrill is talking it up.
He also talked up the RazrFit Xtreme last year before he decided that the fairway isn't the short grass in the middle. Phil loving a driver is like a high school girl "being in love" with a boy. You know it's going to happen, you know it's not real and it's just a matter of time before she's "in love" with someone else. Silly Phil.....

I do on the other hand really like this driver. I had the opportunity to hit the one with the sliding weight on it last week when the rep visited the store I frequent. I promised the rep I wouldn't give away too many details. But I can say this: It's not white. The stock shaft offerings are better than anything any other OEMs have to offer. It's very "old school" in size. It's not just Big Bertha....there's more to the name. Feels like a million bucks when you hit it. I think if you liked the old BB, then you're going to love this one. I never had enough money to play Callaway anything when I was a young golfer. Now that I'm all growed up, I'm thinking I'm going to get my first Big Bertha.

I hope the Hawkeyes come back next year.

To be fair, didn't Phil win with the RAZR Fit Xtreme?

To be fair, didn't Phil win with the RAZR Fit Xtreme?

And almost shot 59?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

He most definitely did. LOL.... The point was that Phil was acting like someone should shoot him if he ever took that club out of his bag. Next thing you know, it's the Masters and he's got Frankendriver because he couldn't keep the Razr in the short stuff. Phil is worse than me when it comes to sticking with a driver.

He most definitely did. LOL.... The point was that Phil was acting like someone should shoot him if he ever took that club out of his bag. Next thing you know, it's the Masters and he's got Frankendriver because he couldn't keep the Razr in the short stuff. Phil is worse than me when it comes to sticking with a driver.

I guess I dont see it that way, but different strokes.
I saw a guy bag a new driver. Win a tournament and almost shoot 59. Finish it off with interviews raving about the equipment that helped him do so.

No different than just about any golfer on the planet.

And almost shot 59?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk
And T60 the week after and miss a cut if we're going to go that route :giggle: I want to say he used his driver < 12 times. His ball striking was sick that day and he buried just about every putt that was on the green. I didn't come here to start a ruckus over Phil. The whole point was that he talked up the Razr last year and ditched 2 months later. And it was more laced with sarcasm than anything. My mistake for not putting <sarcasm> at the end of it.

I guess I dont see it that way, but different strokes.
I saw a guy bag a new driver. Win a tournament and almost shoot 59. Finish it off with interviews raving about the equipment that helped him do so.

No different than just about any golfer on the planet.
True story. So Big Bertha!!! YEAH! Who's excited?

su2ygaqa.jpg
du2asaty.jpg
sa8y4uqu.jpg

This is my fathers current driver, getting him all new clubs for next year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My first driver was a Big Bertha...I didn't hit it even once straight, I'm 100% sure that the new Big Bertha will be nice to me if I ever meet her.

I didn't play from 18 until 28 and my first new purchase was a Callaway Great Big Bertha back in 96 followed by a set of the Big Bertha irons. I loved that driver, couldn't even hit it off the deck on good days.

Just for kicks ,I took my old Great Big Bertha with me to the course this past Friday and hit it a couple times.The first hit was real high since I teed it the same height as I do my Razor Fit. The next time, I teed it down a little and hit a nice straight shot,within about 20 yds of the Razor shot that I had just hit.I was shocked. When I gamed the GBB years ago ,I had trouble hitting it without a big slice.My playing partner ,who had only been playing bout a year couldn't believe how small the head on the Big Bertha was and he laughed when I told him that the Big Bertha was a large headed driver for it's time.

I dont know if its legit but I was just over on golfwrx.com and they have raw pictures of what they claim is the Big Bertha Drive. Looks kinda like that Mizuno driver that came out a few years back.

i remember my very first time i ever hit a Big Bertha. I was working as a bag boy at a semi-private course near my house, inbetween summers between high school and college. A perk of my job was that on the days i wasn't working, i could play for free in the afternoons as long as there were openings. So that's pretty much when learned to play. Worked 3 x 15 hour days, and played golf the other 4. I was real bad obviously. But i got to make friends with the club pro, and one day while me and my buddies were getting ready to head out in the afternoon, i was oogling this demo Big Bertha in the proshop. The club pro told me to take it out for a whirl. 1st tee, i get up there feeling like I'm going to drive it 350 yards. I take a swing and ....crack, somehow i cracked the graphite shaft where it met the club head. Needless to say, was very very awkward turning around and bringing it into the club house and feeling very embarassed.

I dont know if its legit but I was just over on golfwrx.com and they have raw pictures of what they claim is the Big Bertha Drive. Looks kinda like that Mizuno driver that came out a few years back.

That is it. It is similar to the Mizuno, only the weight is further back. And, a Mizuno driver doesnt feel like Heaven when you hit it.;)

Tapping away on my Galaxy 2 Note

That is it. It is similar to the Mizuno, only the weight is further back. And, a Mizuno driver doesnt feel like Heaven when you hit it.;)

Are you assuming or have you already hit it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Are you assuming or have you already hit it?

I was lucky enough to hit it last week. I promised the rep I wouldn't say much before 12/2, but if you liked the RAZR Fit Extreme you are going to love this club. My SLDR is nervous.

I was lucky enough to hit it last week. I promised the rep I wouldn't say much before 12/2, but if you liked the RAZR Fit Extreme you are going to love this club. My SLDR is nervous.

X hot guy myself. So we shall see.

Xhot was super long but the stock shaft was a hook machine for me. Definitely intrigued by all the new callaway line

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Xhot was super long but the stock shaft was a hook machine for me. Definitely intrigued by all the new callaway line

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

That PX shaft was very soft for me too. The stock offerings for the BB are a HUGE upgrade. Similar to what Callaway did with the Apex line.

Back