The #Grandaddy - Callaway Golf & THP - Details

at some point it gets to let's just tee it up already and see what unfolds

I can't wait to see and hear about some ATL golf. Hope it's similar to what I saw in CT earlier this fall. Well, minus a few swings haha

Yep. I'm not going to be somebody I'm not. Will hit some good ones and bad ones, have some laughs, hopefully make a bunch of putts. That's what it will come down to anyway.

I cannot wait to hear about what surprises are in store for you guys when you get out to Cali. You all have been working on your game, and seem to be heading into it with quite a bit of confidence...but I am sure that you guys will be stunned by what the Callaway boys have in store for you guys off of the course.

On the course, however, #DreamTeam all the way!

at some point it gets to let's just tee it up already and see what unfolds

I can't wait to see and hear about some ATL golf. Hope it's similar to what I saw in CT earlier this fall. Well, minus a few swings haha

As long as ATL keeps outdriving guys with his 3 wood, he'll be fine.

Best of luck to all of you guys. It sounds like this event will blow away all of your expectations.

Yep. I'm not going to be somebody I'm not. Will hit some good ones and bad ones, have some laughs, hopefully make a bunch of putts. That's what it will come down to anyway.

Man all spring and early summer I was trying to be someone I wasn't on the course. It was awful and made me not enjoy the game. It didn't change till about 2 weeks prior to the MC. Teed it up with dcbrad and WCBM and just remembered how much fun the game should be.
Putting is always huge in these things, you already know that.

This a thousand times. We've all practiced our assess off and there's nothing else we can do. Best we can do is play within ourselves and just enjoy the golf. Yes, the competitive juices will be flowing, but trying harder on a particular shot isn't something that is going to help.

Man all spring and early summer I was trying to be someone I wasn't on the course. It was awful and made me not enjoy the game. It didn't change till about 2 weeks prior to the MC. Teed it up with dcbrad and WCBM and just remembered how much fun the game should be.
Putting is always huge in these things, you already know that.

I had my little moment of acceptance about two weeks ago I guess. I just said, "this is it and I'm taking it to CA". If it's not good enough, lord knows I gave it everything I had.

If I putt like I did in Des Moines I'm going to be in good shape. That's my game anyway. I might have some rounds where I hit a good number of greens, but I'm a scrambler. Hopefully the greens are fast, because that's where I seem to do bets.

This a thousand times. We've all practiced our assess off and there's nothing else we can do. Best we can do is play within ourselves and just enjoy the golf. Yes, the competitive juices will be flowing, but trying harder on a particular shot isn't something that is going to help.

Damn straight dude.

As much as this is a competition, I think the #zoocrew will help us relax. I know we want to win, but we all want to have fun. The more relaxed we can all be, the better shots we will hit

GG and I will be heading out there as well to make sure that we cover the event so that the people here get a taste of what you guys are seeing. There will be certain rules about what can and cant be seen, so we can act as your eyes and ears if you have any questions.

GG and I will be heading out there as well to make sure that we cover the event so that the people here get a taste of what you guys are seeing. There will be certain rules about what can and cant be seen, so we can act as your eyes and ears if you have any questions.

I can't wait to fill the thread with whatever we are able to share.

This group is a special one, getting to know you guys on/off the forum has been great. I want to see you all succeed. I feel like ATL has been one of my biggest fans/supporters going into the MC 2013 and now into 2014. I am pulling for him and all of you dudes. Gonna be a great weekend and something you will literally never forget. Soak it all in and try to slow down at one point and just enjoy it!

I can't wait to fill the thread with whatever we are able to share.

This times a million.

I cannot wait to share this with everyone at THP. More importantly, I cannot wait to share the belt with everyone at THP.

So ready to get started!

If you play anything like you did in CT, you will do great!! Just make sure no one is leaving anything behind in the fairway. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As much as this is a competition, I think the #zoocrew will help us relax. I know we want to win, but we all want to have fun. The more relaxed we can all be, the better shots we will hit

You guys are gonna have a blast. They were some smack talking no doubt, but in reality the guys at Callaway are going to treating you all like rock stars.

If you play anything like you did in CT, you will do great!! Just make sure no one is leaving anything behind in the fairway. :)

Sent from my iPhbest best one using Tapatalk

Thanks man! I believe that will be the last time I see someone leave a third of their bag behind haha!

Thanks man! I believe that will be the last time I see someone leave a third of their bag behind haha!

Or give away their hat, their vaporizer...:)

I am looking forward to reading the updates and following along. Can't wait to see you guys wearing the belt!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think I'm ready to go. I like where my game is at right now.

The weather is not being too helpful, but I'm hoping to get another round or two in before we head out to CA. Either way, I think I'll be ready to go. The big question is what will be waiting for us. There are still so many unknowns about this event. Amazing stuff!

Keep that putter working like Sarasota and everything will be peachy my man!

That's good to know ahead of time, is there any protocol for when/where we can ask questions, or anything we should avoid asking or probing on? Certainly didn't want to ask any questions the participants can't answer.

THere will be a live update thread.

I'm going to throw this out there, and it could get long winded, so bear with me.

I hope you ALL know how much I'm pulling for you all. Nope, I haven't been super vocal all the time, but I damn sure have talked to several of you and told you just what I thought. You all are going to rock it, you are, how do I know that? Because you're effing THP'ers, that's how. I know the time that has been put into the games and the mental prep that has been done in anticipation. In the end though gentlemen, just let the thing rip. Just let it go and let the chips fall where they do, embrace that which you are going to get to experience because it will be more special than words can possibly describe, it truly is something that many would scratch and claw for the chance to do. Soak it all in and just smile knowing that no matter what, you're doing THP and YOURSELVES proud. I know I'm damn proud of you all already and it hasn't even happened yet.

You all rock. Period.

I'm going to throw this out there, and it could get long winded, so bear with me.

I hope you ALL know how much I'm pulling for you all. Nope, I haven't been super vocal all the time, but I damn sure have talked to several of you and told you just what I thought. You all are going to rock it, you are, how do I know that? Because you're effing THP'ers, that's how. I know the time that has been put into the games and the mental prep that has been done in anticipation. In the end though gentlemen, just let the thing rip. Just let it go and let the chips fall where they do, embrace that which you are going to get to experience because it will be more special than words can possibly describe, it truly is something that many would scratch and claw for the chance to do. Soak it all in and just smile knowing that no matter what, you're doing THP and YOURSELVES proud. I know I'm damn proud of you all already and it hasn't even happened yet.

You all rock. Period.
I follow these sentiments to a T, bro. Couldn't be happier for these 8 guys and couldn't be more excited to see them bring back the belt.

I can't believe how lucky you fellas are to get to play in this amazing event. This is such an awesome opportunity that I am seriously jealous of.

Hows everyone feeling about their game?

Tyler I know you were working on some stuff in Ohio, how's that coming along?

Gregdan are you ready? I know our last round was a bit of a pill kicker, but i blame the weather!

Kevin are you all squared away and ready to show the #zoocrew what you got?

Those of you I have not met are you all ready to take it to #zoocrew and have the time of your lives?

The putting is coming along very well! I have been doing some drills to get the pendulum motion down and being less handsy. While I think I have come a long way, I don't think it's completely eliminated, but much better. Practicing that 15 minutes a day has been helpful. I was also fighting a pull hook off the tee in Ohio, and I think I've got that covered too. We will see in 2 short weeks!

Keep that putter working like Sarasota and everything will be peachy my man!

Thanks. That's all I'm working on this week with the cruddy weather we're getting. At least one thing will be solid (hopefully)

The putting is coming along very well! I have been doing some drills to get the pendulum motion down and being less handsy. While I think I have come a long way, I don't think it's completely eliminated, but much better. Practicing that 15 minutes a day has been helpful. I was also fighting a pull hook off the tee in Ohio, and I think I've got that covered too. We will see in 2 short weeks!

Glad to see Canadan's late night putting lesson is helping. I do hope that you got that ball going left thingy under control.

Back