What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting better. Played Goshen Plantation in Augusta today. SHot my usual horrid 58 on the front 9, but figured something out, and dropped 10 strokes for a 48 on the back, to include over 80 percent of fairways hit. By far, the best 9 holes I've played so far. If I can keep playing like that, and really start to dial in how far I'm hitting my irons, I see a lot of improvement coming.

Shot a 42/38 80 today. All things considered I'm quite happy with it but man did I let 5 or 6 strokes get away...this could have been the round of a lifetime. Driver was great all day, irons were as good as they've been in the last few months and my oh my did I make some slick up and downs.

It was a bit unexpected because we were delayed due to the course being frozen for about 1.5 hours so we hit the range and on the range I couldn't hit the Pacific from the damn beach. I mean I don't think I hit 1 good ball out of 100. Feeling drained and uninspired I stepped up to the first tee and things just started to come together. Towards the end of the round the magic was waning but held on for a respectable score.

Yesterday, DawgDaddy and I played the local country club in town. I didn't strike the ball well at all and the greens were lighting fast. I struggled with putts I don't normally struggle with, but DD noticed something on my short putts and it helped me out coming down the stretch. It could've been a decent day had I made the putts I normally make, but I shot 45/45 for a 90. 35 putts and only hit 2 GIRs.

The one bright spot of the day was on the 17th hole. It's a 426 yard par-4 that has a fairway that slopes from right to left and it's not an easy tee shot. A perfect drive (for me) will put you about 150 yard from the green to a huge uphill shot into the green to a narrow green with OB left and long and a huge drop off to the right. I hit a perfect drive and my approach shot left me about 15-20 ft to the hole. I struggled with my speed all day because the greens were a lot faster than I was used to, but I buried the birdie putt. It's the #2 handicapped hole on the course and it's the first time I've ever birdied it. It brightened up what had been a pretty mediocre day at best.

It was a blast teeing it up with DD again and his game was solid! His XH is a fairway finder! Hope we can tee it up again soon!

Here we are on 17:

qiXzQjp.jpg

DD is a fairway finding machine with that driver.

A no birdie 37 in 35 degree weather. Hit some amazing approach shots and missed 3 realistic birdie putts. Driver, woods and hybrids were spectacular. Still felt really good.

played like crap! Just couldn't seem to get anything going. 43 on the front, and I figured I was in OK shape, because I always play better on the back. Not today, though. A 46 made it 89 and the thing that was worst is I 3-putted at least 4 times. Ugh.

42/41 for a 83.

Easily the toughest round of golf I have ever played. High was 30 with winds at a constant 20 mph. Gusts hit 30... It was insane. Had a 56* into the green. Was about 75 yards out... Put a perfect strike on the ball and it was flying right at the flag. However, crucial wind gust got it and it literally started coming back to me. The ball went 30-40 max. Craziest golf shot I have hit to this day.

Had a par three 160 yards... Wind right at our face. I pull 3 iron and was short of the green by 8-10 yards.

42/41 for a 83.

Easily the toughest round of golf I have ever played. High was 30 with winds at a constant 20 mph. Gusts hit 30... It was insane. Had a 56* into the green. Was about 75 yards out... Put a perfect strike on the ball and it was flying right at the flag. However, crucial wind gust got it and it literally started coming back to me. The ball went 30-40 max. Craziest golf shot I have hit to this day.

Had a par three 160 yards... Wind right at our face. I pull 3 iron and was short of the green by 8-10 yards.

That is a pretty good round under those conditions.

42/41 for a 83.

Same thing happened to me yesterday. I played the first 8 holes 3 under then wind picked up insanely fast .. Finished the next 10 holes 5 over .theres a par 3 that's 190 ish that usually I'll get there with a good 6 iron . I pured a 4 iron and can up 30 yards short

42/41 for a 83.

Played in very similar weather today. It was cold and crazy windy. I ended up with an 82 which was very respectable given the conditions. I had to take some time off after the MC for my back and then we had twins so I'm thrilled to be back on the course a couple times a week.

I shot a 79. Well it was in an indoor simulator, and the thing was going crazy. I was hitting like 40 yard draws all day. Haha.

It's good to keep swinging but I really wanna get back out and play. Just 2 short weeks.

I shot a 79. Well it was in an indoor simulator, and the thing was going crazy. I was hitting like 40 yard draws all day. Haha.

It's good to keep swinging but I really wanna get back out and play. Just 2 short weeks.

Almost there. I know the anticipation is probably killing you.

44/42, 86 today. Chipping was godawful. I'm fortunate enough to get to play again tomorrow, gonna throw the back up irons and putter in for fun and see how it goes.

40 on the sim. 7 pars 2 doubles. Played really well til the back to back doubles, but then finished with a decent par.

I forgot to post yesterdays score, 39/41=80, 78.6% FWs, 38.9% GIRs, used 32 putts. Got up and down from the sand twice. It was in the forties and winds up to 10 mph. I bogeyed the last 2 holes, missed both greens and was short-side on a tight lie, caught both shots somewhat thin and was a long way from the hole for the par putt.

Finally got out today and threw up an ugly 89. Couldnt find any rhythm or consistency

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Pretty dire 95 (48/47) today. The wetness, leaves and poor greens added to the misery of bad driving. Not convinced on the R11s so far.

Still, on a positive note the hybrid and 3w worked on course for me today at long last.

42 +6. Wind chill was in the 30s and the wind was howling.

man, the blow-up holes are killing me

44/42 for an 86; par 71. 9 pars. 2 bogeys. 6 doubles. ARGH! 46% FIR, 39% GIR, 33 putts.

The worst part was the playing partners. One was a friend that I've played with before and he's been talkative, but fine. This time with his dad and a friend of his. They kept getting pissed about the slow play (nothing could be done), a couple of them threw clubs, one person slammed the heel of his putter into a green and didn't fix it. WTF??? I ended up just being more and more loose and cutting up / making jokes. Not sure what else I could have done lest I ruin the round entirely and/or mess up a work relationship (one was a co-worker).

Needless to say, I won't be playing with them again.

48/41 for an 89 on a par 72. Definitely a tale of two nines. Started at about 8:40am and it was around 42 degrees outside. Pretty stiff playing the front nine. Back nine warmed up to the mid to upper 50's. Got loosened up and played much better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

44 on The Hamptons Woods course. I used to work there when I was inn college... hadn't been back in over 20 years. Played with a really nice Korean guy who let me play as his guest since he was amember and we were the only 2 on the course. He wanted to play 20.00 per hole, which I couldnt cover, so we agreed to 5.00 per hole. He got me the first 2, after that it was all me. Got 25.00 out of him. He wants me to meet up at 10 tomorrow (I think, I had a hard time understanding him), to be his partner in a best ball. Hell, I might just do it. Free golf and no waiting on a sweet course. I might make a dollar or two. From what I could comprehend, it wpuld be no money out of my pocket!

44 on The Hamptons Woods course. I used to work there when I was inn college... hadn't been back in over 20 years. Played with a really nice Korean guy who let me play as his guest since he was amember and we were the only 2 on the course. He wanted to play 20.00 per hole, which I couldnt cover, so we agreed to 5.00 per hole. He got me the first 2, after that it was all me. Got 25.00 out of him. He wants me to meet up at 10 tomorrow (I think, I had a hard time understanding him), to be his partner in a best ball. Hell, I might just do it. Free golf and no waiting on a sweet course. I might make a dollar or two. From what I could comprehend, it wpuld be no money out of my pocket!

Ballsy man, I know people who like to bet but not $20 a hole with a stranger. $5 a hole is more like it, bet it was cold out!

I shot a 51/47 for a 98. Ill take it considering I haven't played in 4 weeks and it was in the 40s with wind gusts in excess of 20 mph.

I played deercreek in jacksonville, fl. My father in law, who is a member there, usually shoots in the high 80s there put up a 103 bc of the conditions so I felt good about my 98. By far the toughest conditions I've ever played in.

Was nice to get out today...been almost two weeks since I've been able to play....89 (45/44) Not too bad considering it was 29 degrees when I started and winds 20-30 mph with some strong gusts. Missed a few putts due to winds blowing the ball offline, but cant complain. Love an empty course. Frozen bunkers suck lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back