Comparable shaft to diamana ilima with lower launch?

kc720

Reaction score
Handicap
2manyclubs
Question for the shaft experts here. I currently switch between diamana ilima 80g x flex and diamana whiteboard d series 63g x flex. I love both shafts but the whiteboard flight a bit lower than my preference and ilima a bit high. I know I like the 80g weight. So how would a whiteboard d series in heavier weight affect launch? And which shaft would have silmilar feel and performance like the two above but launch in between?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Question for the shaft experts here. I currently switch between diamana ilima 80g x flex and diamana whiteboard d series 63g x flex. I love both shafts but the whiteboard flight a bit lower than my preference and ilima a bit high. I know I like the 80g weight. So how would a whiteboard d series in heavier weight affect launch? And which shaft would have silmilar feel and performance like the two above but launch in between?

Have you tried any of the Matrix line or any of the Miyazaki line?

Comparable shaft to diamana ilima with lower launch?

Matrix 8m3 comes to mind for me.

Have you tried any of the Matrix line or any of the Miyazaki line?

Matrix 8m3 comes to mind for me.

Thanks for replies guys!
Played 7m3 felt too stout. White tie in stiff too loose. Got a red tie on the way hoping that works out

Thanks for replies guys!
Played 7m3 felt too stout. White tie in stiff too loose. Got a red tie on the way hoping that works out

Let me know how that one works out for you. It definitely fits right in between.

Thanks for replies guys!

Have you tried the Black tie in reg flex or the white tie in Xflex

Have you tried the Black tie in reg flex or the white tie in Xflex

That I have not. Black tie in reg flex might me right with 80g weight... damn you freddie, JB and bluegold for starting an instant ponder!

That I have not. Black tie in reg flex might me right with 80g weight... damn you freddie, JB and bluegold for starting an instant ponder!

You should also look into the Kuro Kage Silver from Mitsubishi Rayon. The Motore F1 or Fuel from Fujikura. Just ideas.

What are you hitting them in (driver/fwd/hybo)?

I have a 72g whiteboard in stiff in my driver and will be tipping it as the x is a bit much. I have a 82g in my 3wd that may get tipped as well.

Do you have any idea what your #'s are with each shaft.

You should also look into the Kuro Kage Silver from Mitsubishi Rayon. The Motore F1 or Fuel from Fujikura. Just ideas.

Did not like the kk silver that came with the covert. Not sure really though cuz my swing was in shambles back when I had that shaft

What are you hitting them in (driver/fwd/hybo)?

I have a 72g whiteboard in stiff in my driver and will be tipping it as the x is a bit much. I have a 82g in my 3wd that may get tipped as well.

Do you have any idea what your #'s are with each shaft.

Driver. I have 73g stiff whiteboard in my covert tour 3 and 5w and like it.
Tipping would cause lower ball flight? If so maybe I need to try a white tie x flex like JB said but tipped...

Ill get some #s tomorrow when I go into golftec tomorrow. All my assessment are purely from on course performance as of now

Tipping will change the flex points in the shaft( make the tip bend point lower therefore launching lower) and from my understanding kill some spin and decrease some LA. How much I can't tell you till after I have mine done.

The 63g whiteboard will launch higher than the 73g which will launch higher than the 83g from what I remember on the chart from Titleist( saw you 913D3).

So got in front of a sim and got some #s

913 d3 head set to 10.5 for both
Ilima 81g x flex average 104 ss, 14° launch, spin ~2800, carry ~280
White board 63g s flex average 115 ss, 11° launch, spin 2500. Carry ~270

I was pretty tired by the time I hit driver. It was at the end of an hour lesson so I was all over the face. May need to double check again but it somewhat confirms my initial thought that I need something smack in between these two shafts

So got in front of a sim and got some #s

913 d3 head set to 10.5 for both
Ilima 81g x flex average 104 ss, 14° launch, spin ~2800, carry ~280
White board 63g s flex average 115 ss, 11° launch, spin 2500. Carry ~270

I was pretty tired by the time I hit driver. It was at the end of an hour lesson so I was all over the face. May need to double check again but it somewhat confirms my initial thought that I need something smack in between these two shafts

Jeebus. I need to move to Denver.

Took out the 913 d3 with the matrix red tie 8q3 out today. Its perfect for me. Launch was definitely between whiteboard and ilima. I hit two drives today that were 360+. Its a keeper for now :)

Took out the 913 d3 with the matrix red tie 8q3 out today. Its perfect for me. Launch was definitely between whiteboard and ilima. I hit two drives today that were 360+. Its a keeper for now :)

360??????

360??????

Yeah. Both those had helping wind and a good kick. Plus the mile high altitude helps :) but they were struck solid and on target. Im really liking the red tie

360 wow i need to play at altitude some time

Back