John Daly Switches to Bridgestone

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
We just got a phone call from an extremely reliable tour source (and then verified the information) that John Daly has switched to play the B330-S from Bridgestone Golf. JD has used the Pro V1 off and on for years and made the switch to play these balls for the upcoming season.

Why you ask? Money? NOPE! We are told that he is receiving NOTHING to play this ball as he just found it better for his game.

We just got a phone call from an extremely reliable tour source (and then verified the information) that John Daly has switched to play the B330-S from Bridgestone Golf. JD has used the Pro V1 off and on for years and made the switch to play these balls for the upcoming season.

Why you ask? Money? NOPE! We are told that he is receiving NOTHING to play this ball as he just found it better for his game.

Very cool. I wonder if he did one of the ball fittings. Could you imagine showing up for a ball fitting and seeing Long John standing in line behind you. :smile-big: Hopefully he will have a decent year this year.

Very cool. I wonder if he did one of the ball fittings. Could you imagine showing up for a ball fitting and seeing Long John standing in line behind you. :smile-big: Hopefully he will have a decent year this year.

It would be cool to see Long John hitting balls on a range. I hope JD does well also. He's made some big changes in the past year - I wish him well.

Will he be rocking the Pink Precept balls? They'll match his pants!! :clapp:

• Admin
His "redemption" comeback tour that he is on is a pretty big thing on tour this year. We will see if his game is up to it. A lot of folks are pulling for him.

But in a day when there are more cynics about equipment and why players play certain things, this guy made the choice on his own to play this ball because he thinks it will help him win.

He was at the Cowboys game....did you all see how skinny he is? You can tell he is trying to turn around his career......well, for now. I like him, I hope he does well.

Congrats to John and Bridgestone! I hope thie B330-S helps John get his game going. I'll be rocking my LoudMouth Black Disco Ball shorts and cheering for for ya JD!

John has always been one of my favorite players. I wish him the best of luck and it is nice to see him doing whats best for his game and not playing something simply for the money.

• Admin
I root for him sometimes. Does anybody else find it odd that so many revere him for his constant comebacks and yet people crucify others for making similar or in some cases less troubling mistakes.

I root for him sometimes. Does anybody else find it odd that so many revere him for his constant comebacks and yet people crucify others for making similar or in some cases less troubling mistakes.

yeah, i feel that way but i think with JD it's just expected then forgiven. it's almost as though he's forgiven for his actions b/c of where he came from.

yeah, i feel that way but i think with JD it's just expected then forgiven. it's almost as though he's forgiven for his actions b/c of where he came from.

and i don't mean from the south or anything like that. just that he has that blue collar background so it's ok. like boo weekley, doing the happy gilmore thing at the ryder cup. i thought it was funny but imagine if that was any other golfer on tour, he'd be srutinized for days.

I think this is the unfortunate case. We have come to expect that he will fall off the bandwagon put up a 9 and then come back and win a tourney. The guy has all the talent in the world and I think people just want to see him live up to that talent.

I'm not sure if I revere him... I think he is fun to watch and fun to root for. Sports are always more fun to watch when there's someone to root for. Even when you're hoping for a "good game" you ultimately always choose a side and root for them.

I'm not sure if I revere him... I think he is fun to watch and fun to root for. Sports are always more fun to watch when there's someone to root for. Even when you're hoping for a "good game" you ultimately always choose a side and root for them.

Oh I agree. I root for him like I said, but I mean lets face it, the guy has done worse than most if not all PGA players and still gets so many fans rooting for him. And for this I will use Tiger as an example. Tiger did far less than JD and gets crucified. Im not a Tiger fan, nor do I root against him, but compare the bodies of work and crimes. No contest.

I think its more about watching the top crumble and some people just like and want to see that.

But as we get back on topic, I love seeing guys pick equipment with no contract because it works for them. I am rooting for the guy.

I guess the reason John gets a free ride compared to Tiger is he's got more of an "everyman" persona.

I guess the reason John gets a free ride compared to Tiger is he's got more of an "everyman" persona.

Does he have that because he lost everything or do you think he has had that all along? I mean lets face it, if he continued to win and stay on top after his first amazing Major, I am not so sure we would be seeing JD at the local Mickey D's. My opinion of course.

Does he have that because he lost everything or do you think he has had that all along? I mean lets face it, if he continued to win and stay on top after his first amazing Major, I am not so sure we would be seeing JD at the local Mickey D's. My opinion of course.
I think he had that from the start but I agree if he had continued success and had not fallen that problely wouldn't be the case.

I am not so sure we would be seeing JD at the local Mickey D's. My opinion of course.

I think JDs love for Mickey Ds was part of his problem. :act-up:
It takes a lot for me to revere an athlete.

How very cool of him :)

Ummm... I thought this was supposed to stay on topic??

Daly is a washed up drunk, that is why no one cares what he does and why no company will pay him to play their ball. He is not winning majors or even regular events. Sorry for those who are his fans, but I can't see any credible company taking risks with this guy. Sure he has his sponsors, but I gaurantee they aren't long term contracts and it is probably written they can drop him very easily should he fall back in to the same pattern as the past.

[/rantoff]

I think JDs love for Mickey Ds was part of his problem. :act-up:
It's love for a lot of destructive behaviors that seems to be his problem.But Lovin Micky D's is one I just can't fathom :D

Daly is a washed up drunk, that is why no one cares what he does and why no company will pay him to play their ball. He is not winning majors or even regular events. Sorry for those who are his fans, but I can't see any credible company taking risks with this guy. Sure he has his sponsors, but I gaurantee they aren't long term contracts and it is probably written they can drop him very easily should he fall back in to the same pattern as the past.

[/rantoff]

But he was getting paid per week to play other balls.

[/rantoff]

How do you really feel CM? :confused2:

Back