Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Preview

visually this is a homerun. Cant wait to hit one

We've been in a black & red phase for a long time (Burner Stuff, Ping G15, G20, and G25, Rasr Hawk). Seems as we are going Blue now, Big Bertha, Speed Blades, SLDR, Jet Speed, new Cobra Bafflers

I am really digging the looks of this one. Can't wait to hit both of them and see how they feel. The gravity core is intriguing.

Tapatalking on my iPad

visually this is a homerun. Cant wait to hit one

I agree - where do you think all the white headed drivers end up? I'm shocked that TM has abandoned the white head, after all the hype, and all the marketing....we all woke up one morning and the white head was dead - I don't get it....

I already have my fingers crossed that Callaway will come out with a staff bag that has this look.

I already have my fingers crossed that Callaway will come out with a staff bag that has this look.

I'm sure that Sir Isaac will adorn a Cally Staff bag at some point next year...they'd be nuts not to! Love that logo.

Need to hit both of these Berthas. Just need to.

I've spent my lunch hour multi-tasking between actual work and talking about this driver - I'm so impressed with how they engineered this driver to implement the CG flexibility.

I'm sure that Sir Isaac will adorn a Cally Staff bag at some point next year...they'd be nuts not to! Love that logo.

Need to hit both of these Berthas. Just need to.

Already saw the picture of the staff bag on another site, color scheme carries over and Sir Isaac is on the bag as well.

Hmm interesting design. Color me intrigued

Very interesting technology in this driver. Will definitely give it some swings when it's released.

Already saw the picture of the staff bag on another site, color scheme carries over and Sir Isaac is on the bag as well.

Wouldn't that be a lovely MC staff bag!

I really enjoyed catching up on this thread and watching the Callaway talks episode. So much awesome and creativity coming from Callaway this year. I think I'll have to make a late reservation for V-day so I can get a few swings in....or just take a personal day! 2014 is gonna be a great golf year!

Just catching up on this one; good looking head and solid shaft choice. Really interested in seeing the technology and numbers on all the adjustability options.

hahaha I haven't wanted to hit something golf related this bad in probably over a month.

Callaway, you have ripped the winter golf blues right out of me!

I was thinking we both take personal days on 2/14, head to Golf Exchange and reserve the trackman for the day, thoughts?

Sorry if this was posted already:

That is freaking cool.

If that is true, I will be BOMBING 350+ Yard Drives.:banana:

I want to try this thing bad. I love the CG can be changed up or down. I have a lot of spin on my ball and think this can help. BTW Callaway is top notch. My current model is making a rattle noise and their customer service said it is coming apart and they will mail me a new one should be here by Thursday. I will never play anything other than Callaway just based on this.

reminds me of captain america

I'm pretty sure the alpha fits my eye quite nicely.... 2014 is setting up to be one hell of a year for equipment! With Callaway is leading the charge in my book.

So the Big Bertha has the sliding weight in the back and the Alpha has interchangeable weights to help shape shots, is that right?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

So the Big Bertha has the sliding weight in the back and the Alpha has interchangeable weights to help shape shots, is that right?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

The Alpha also adds Gravity Core.
But to be fair, the entire driver is quite different.

That stat about 11/12 golfers switching to the Big Bertha tells quite the story to me. I am so freaking pumped to hit these drivers!

That stat about 11/12 golfers switching to the Big Bertha tells quite the story to me. I am so freaking pumped to hit these drivers!

You will get to play one in #TheKing. I want to add that these were merely recreational golfers and many of them grab drivers right off the rack. I watched them swing and put it at a loft I think would assist them.

Gravity Core brings to mind sci fi films. "Captain, the gravity core is unstable!"

But I'm a sci fi nerd so it's all good :)

Looks horrible IMO. Hope it plays better. Luckily you don't see the bottom during play. Head cover is over the top ugly. Probably gonna be a beast for some folks. Just not this guy. Didn't live up to the hype as far as looks goes. Looks are only part of the equation though.

Back