Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Preview

I have to say that after looking at all the pictures and reading everything about this driver that this club is overall excellent. However, my one major takeaway is that is one sexy head cover.

I have to say that after looking at all the pictures and reading everything about this driver that this club is overall excellent. However, my one major takeaway is that is one sexy head cover.

We're in talks with Hashtag and Harry about having the power core on the head cover glow at some point in time...not sure if they're going to make that happen or not.

All the reports are great but I was kind of intrigued by jluke's experience with the Callaway fitter. It makes me wonder how capable the average fitter is going to be to really work with this technology to properly dial people in. For example, is raising CoG to lower spin because someone misses high on the face the kind of thing that is in a normal fitter's wheelhouse? Or will Callaway have to do any special training or anything for fitters?

In NJ we are lucky we have a Callaway facility. I would look for one of them.

Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Preview

We're in talks with Hashtag and Harry about having the power core on the head cover glow at some point in time...not sure if they're going to make that happen or not.

And I thought it couldn't get any sexier...

Using Tapatalk

Find a place that has a Callaway fitting cart. They should have most, if not all, shafts that Callaway offers.

The trouble is the only local place that has a Callaway fitting cart, doesn't have a trackman or a place to hit them for that matter. Before I buy I'll have to travel to hit one.

The trouble is the only local place that has a Callaway fitting cart, doesn't have a trackman or a place to hit them for that matter. Before I buy I'll have to travel to hit one.

There is no LM? Or even a sim?

Even on a simulator you can get a general idea of what you like and then make the drive if you find something that will fit.

No they just sell equipment.

One thing that people that frequent THP have to remember. Your not the average consumer, you've read reviews, you've seen people's reaction to different clubs. JB calls it "prosumer". In many cases we go into the big box stores more educated than the employees. It's not a strike against them really. Knowledge is power, but only when you share it. So going into a fitting ahead of the knowledge curve help you more than the average consumer.

3arusu6y.jpg

She's back and she's mean!

and there she is! Looking good Kev

Soon... She will be mine!

Bombs away. Nice Kevin!

Kevinnnn! Glad you have it now buddy.

Pretty driver there Kevin, hope the weather looks good enough for you to hit it soon!

Driver looks glorious Kevin. Wow!

So jealous... I have another 10 days before I get mine. Oban Kiyoshi Purple is going to be so filthy on this thing.

Kevin!!!! That alpha is just mean looking! Gravity core bombs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

The Alpha is a looker. Callaway sure have things going. I have never been a huge Callaway fan. But last year and this year, seems like they are getting it right. I have hit the Apex irons and really enjoyed them. I can't wait to give the Alpha a try.

Back