Ive had a great couple of golf days.

lopsta5

Reaction score
Handicap
I work shift work which is 4 on 4 off shifts so I get a bit of time to play golf on my days off, which is awesome. Well this 4 days off my local club has had a couple of competitions on, one on Friday and one on Sunday. The Friday one was a team ambrose comp and I was entered with 3 guys I play with quite a bit. Is was a great field with about 92 people in 4 man teams, our team was playing off a 7.5 handicap and we finished the round at -9 under the card with a 63 which gave us a net 55.5. We made a few clutch putts about 10foot to save par which was great as we finished without a bogey on the card.
Any way our team ended up winning the day with our 55.5 net. There were lots of prizes and we got first pick, so we all picked the biggest prize which was an electric fry pan, so we were all happy.
Yesterday(Sunday) our club also hosted the annual Christmas hamper which is always popular for our members but also people from other clubs. The field was full and the club had to turn away 8 groups of 4 as it just wouldn't work. I think there was about 150 people in the field, an awesome turnout. It was a good day with the sun shinning but we did have a 35kmh wind blowing which was a pain but didn't put any one off. I played in a 4some with some mates from work. I played quite good and had my driver clicking and I don't think I missed any putts from inside 4 feet ( like I normally do), any way I ended with only one birdie but only four bogeys and one double which I was happy with, I had 38 on the front and 39 one the back for a 77 total. So at prize giving I finished with the best net (a 66) and best stableford (42points), the senior division (0-12). Another guy won best gross with a 3 under 69, but I got a prize for best net, but as I won the net the stableford went to the net best which was 40 that I think 6 guys had. I got a nice big 9.5kg Christmas ham as my prize, which is now in the fridge waiting till Christmas day with the family. It was a great day had by all, and my wife was happy with the prizes I brought home.
Just wanted to share with you all and thanks for reading. Here is a picture of my prizes.

Congrats. Nicely done and a nice looking haul there!

Congrats.

Nice man! Congrats

Well done! Great golf and some sweet prizes.

Congrats! Nicely done

Congrats

Well done

Great job!

Nicely done. That sounds like two fun tournaments. I wish my men's club or home course would do something like that, it sounds like lots of fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nicely done,

Burglar. :worship:

Thank you guys. It was an enjoyable day with good mates, and we all had fun. And it was nice to see the course full.

i love reading stories like this. well done, sir!

Well done! Congrats!

Congratulations! Like the line in one of my favorite movies says "Money won is twice as sweet as money earned."

Well done!!!

Back