Electronics Pondering

Status
Not open for further replies.
You did.

As new teasers were put out by Nike on their newest new wedges.

And...I want them too.

Ugh. I need to be more specific next time.

I'll just show myself out.

Related post: Spigen Neo Hybrid arrived for my Nexus 5 today. Not bad, but as per usual, after using a phone without a case for a week, so hard to find it comfortable with one.

I'm enjoying the hell out of the Surface, it's been a lot of fun to mess with so far. But I don't demand much, movies loaded and a word processor to write articles. Been fun tinkering with the apps and such though.

I'm enjoying the hell out of the Surface, it's been a lot of fun to mess with so far. But I don't demand much, movies loaded and a word processor to write articles. Been fun tinkering with the apps and such though.

Excuse my ignorance but does the Surface come with the keyboard?

Excuse my ignorance but does the Surface come with the keyboard?

Yep, the touch type cover. I'm hoping for a click type cover from the inlaws for Christmas though, I'm just used to the click Keys when doing work.

Ah...Which one did you get?

Let's talk about this...

The RT, it's for being able to do articles while traveling to and fro. Need to get a MicroSD card soon before travel picks up again.

The RT, it's for being able to do articles while traveling to and fro. Need to get a MicroSD card soon before travel picks up again.
Found anything that you need it to do, that it can not?

Windows App store offering enough?

Found anything that you need it to do, that it can not?

Windows App store offering enough?

For me it's plenty, I've actually done some power points for class on it too so that's a bonus. I don't demand a lot though, ya know? There are apps for Facebook and twitter and such and I'm pretty solid there. Haven't even messed with any of the games yet either. Do need to try and load an eReader on it though.

For what I need, it's perfect.

Kindle Fire HDX. Thoughts on it.

Just for reading, browsing and tapatalking...

I have the OG Fire and love it for just those things. I do kinda wish I still had the paper white though, just really like reading on those.

For me it's plenty, I've actually done some power points for class on it too so that's a bonus. I don't demand a lot though, ya know? There are apps for Facebook and twitter and such and I'm pretty solid there. Haven't even messed with any of the games yet either. Do need to try and load an eReader on it though.

For what I need, it's perfect.
I've always used my iPad for general media consumption, but have found that I need a tablet for a bit more now. Im thinking the Surface is the way I want to go, but need to read up a bit more on it.

The only downside I could see, is some missing apps (Amazon Instant video, HBO Go, ABC, etc etc) for TV Shows and catching up on stuff. (Not sure if those are available or not on Surface).

I have the OG Fire and love it for just those things. I do kinda wish I still had the paper white though, just really like reading on those.

Thanks dude. They have them for a steal right now and it seems like a perfect present from the in laws.

I use jenns kindle fire hd all the time for just those things. Add in watching movies and it's a great device.

I'm kind of pondering the HDX myself.

Now those are something I haven't even thought to look at yet. I'll have a look see tomorrow for sure.

Thinking about pairing it up with a chrome cast for the movies and I will be set.

Thanks dudes

Back to the nerd pondering, however...

Anyone have experience with Windows Tablets? I am liking what I see in the Surface, but the Surface 2 (non-pro) runs Windows RT (?), and I am thinking I want a table that is capable of full Windows.

Thoughts?

Thought the Surface Pro ran Win 8, not RT. You may also want to look at the other convertible laptops. I have seen HPs and their users were very happy. Makes a large tablet which they liked. Full-featured laptop when docked. Obviously bigger/heavier than an iPad or Surface though.

my boss messed around with the SP2 at a conference and really liked it. said that Win8.1 was well improved from Win8.

if anything, just from looking and checking specs....it looks like the SP2 is as close to bridging the gap between laptop and tablet as you can get.

but, you're basically paying for a laptop...especially if you look to upgrade the storage. big bucks.

Back to the nerd pondering, however...

Anyone have experience with Windows Tablets? I am liking what I see in the Surface, but the Surface 2 (non-pro) runs Windows RT (?), and I am thinking I want a table that is capable of full Windows.

Thoughts?

The Lenovo Yoga series seems to be getting some good responses.

:act-up: Look how beautiful this old golf game is ..PGA tour 2000 from Sierra,.with over 3000 golf courses made..

cpeterich

c5b247e599325c157dde365de06a88ed.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
IMG not working

c5b247e599325c157dde365de06a88ed.jpg

Looks very nice MM...

The Lenovo Yoga series seems to be getting some good responses.

They look great, but the base model is $849. Next step up (first one I'd really consider based on specs) is $1,099. They go up to near the $1,300 range.

Think I'll wait a while.

I'm in love with the Note II and will never go back! I've only used about 5% of what it offers but it blows away the other one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back