Status
Not open for further replies.
When you miss the playoffs guys like Wells, Overbay and Soriano are stiffs.

When you win the World Series guys like Gomes, Napoli and Ross are evidence of a shrewd front office with a plan.

I'm hearing that the Yankees are still looking for a SP so I think they will be more aggressive for Tanaka rather than what s currently on the table. Ellsbury was given too much money for too much time. 5 years $70MM would be sufficient.

that whole Tanaka deal is up in the air for MLB, because the "posting" process is in flux

The Yankees have a couple guys with decent value and those aren't them..

- Sanchez
- Williams
- Austin

This team will be weak with arms this year. They better hope they score a TON of runs

Sanchez is the first guy i mention?

that whole Tanaka deal is up in the air for MLB, because the "posting" process is in flux
Isn't it the case that there is no posting process in place? Dodger fan here ... everything I've read had the Dodgers all over Tanaka, willing to spend big to get him. But the deadline passed to get the new posting rules in place so he was seen as a non starter and they signed Dan Haren instead. I don't think they would have gone the Haren route if there was any chance of landing Tanaka. This may not be part of the solution set for the Yankees after all.

Agreed 2 years at most.

Salty getting 9 mil a year humors me..dude is a turd

I saw that Salty deal and laughed. Marlins must be hurting to get free agents to come to their organization.

Scary part is that they will probably trade him at the deadline.

correct an agreement has yet to be made between MLB and the Japanese League. There is a chance he won't even be available to MLB Teams for 2014 if no deal gets reached

Isn't it the case that there is no posting process in place? Dodger fan here ... everything I've read had the Dodgers all over Tanaka, willing to spend big to get him. But the deadline passed to get the new posting rules in place so he was seen as a non starter and they signed Dan Haren instead. I don't think they would have gone the Haren route if there was any chance of landing Tanaka. This may not be part of the solution set for the Yankees after all.
from yesterday they are still working on it.... http://www.sbnation.com/mlb/2013/12/2/5167908/mlb-japan-working-toward-new-posting-system

correct an agreement has yet to be made between MLB and the Japanese League. There is a chance he won't even be available to MLB Teams for 2014 if no deal gets reached
I know that is why i posted it?

I believe I read the system has to be approved by the players union. MLB's intent in modifying the system is to make it more open to smaller market teams. Many people see those adjustments as suppressing salary. I've also read where the posting fee may count toward the spending limit. The point being, MLB & Japan agreeing is likely the easy part; getting the player's union to sign off on that agreement may prove difficult and time consuming.

Do you just not like people adding to the conversation? If so I'm sorry I'll just stop.
Not at all...

But if someones says "they have decent value those aren't them" then the first guy they list is the first guy i mentioned, I might point that out

I just found it odd, that you said "correct" like i was asking a question or did not know what i was talking about

I just found it odd, that you said "correct" like i was asking a question or did not know what i was talking about

nope just agreeing with you and adding a little extra.

Mariners have topped the Yanks bid on Cano, wonder if he will sign??

Not at all...

But if someones says "they have decent value those aren't them" then the first guy they list is the first guy i mentioned, I might point that out

Sorry, missed Sanchez. Regardless, my point is that the Yankees need pitching badly, and aren't dealing from an overly fruitful farm system

Yanks and Kelly johnson.. $3M

Cano wants 10 years and 240M...that's insane

Cano wants 10 years and 240M...that's insane
They may need to negotiate limits on the length of contracts in the next CBA. Sure. Nobody is officially forcing the clubs to do those deals, but ultimately they are just bad for the game...the team has money tied up with one player; future players can't earn that 'dead' money from that team.

Cano seriously has to ponder 9 years and $225M...

Cano seriously has to ponder 9 years and $225M...

He also needs to ponder is the 2 extra years of losing worth it? The average salary is the same from the Yankees for 7 years 175 mil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back