What would your car be if...

The body of an SC Ultimate Aero XT rigged out to be electric.

My absolute dream car is a Mercedes SL65 AMG Black series. To me it's like a muscle car wearing a Tuxedo, and that's awesome.
719468241832952381.jpg

1f6681da061e1f3d1f256171f35a7049_large.jpeg

My absolute dream car is a Mercedes SL65 AMG Black series. To me it's like a muscle car wearing a Tuxedo, and that's awesome.
719468241832952381.jpg

1f6681da061e1f3d1f256171f35a7049_large.jpeg

MB sports cars have never done it for me, but those are very cool nonetheless.

So funny, just looked back through this thread and noticed that I posted the DBS as my choice originally as well. May have to change that to the new Vanquish.

%2213_supercars_Aston_Martin_Vanquish_white.jpg

There was a Vantage parked at work a couple of days back. Hopefully the owner didn't notice my drool marks all over it when he came back LOL. Can I add an Aston to the Mustang I asked for earlier please.

I'd say I'd have to go with the new Aston Martin V12 Vanquish. looooooooooooooooooooove it.

Speed and times. Horsepower is just a number.

Then not sure how the S7 does it at a fraction of the price of its competitors.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Then not sure how the S7 does it at a fraction of the price of its competitors.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I'm going to assume it's by using mass produced major engine components from Ford. They beef them up of course, but the engine block, crank and rods to hold 750 horsepower are easily available by anyone for a good price because of the R&D done by Ford for the GT Supercar. Same with the DOHC cylinder heads, they are just reworked versions of the Ford GT/Cobra heads.

To be perfectly honest, anyone could build the longblock that's used in the S7 for around $10k, using off the shelf parts, which I would assume is far less than the longblock for the exotic supercars. With under $50k into a complete drivetrain that can reliably put out 750hp, that leaves a lot of money for the aluminum chassis, carbon fiber body, big brakes, wheels and tires and all the tricks that it takes to achieve a 248mph top speed.

I'm going to assume it's by using mass produced major engine components from Ford. They beef them up of course, but the engine block, crank and rods to hold 750 horsepower are easily available by anyone for a good price because of the R&D done by Ford for the GT Supercar. Same with the DOHC cylinder heads, they are just reworked versions of the Ford GT/Cobra heads.

To be perfectly honest, anyone could build the longblock that's used in the S7 for around $10k, using off the shelf parts, which I would assume is far less than the longblock for the exotic supercars. With under $50k into a complete drivetrain that can reliably put out 750hp, that leaves a lot of money for the aluminum chassis, carbon fiber body, big brakes, wheels and tires and all the tricks that it takes to achieve a 248mph top speed.

As amazing as the 399 top speed is, it's odd how slow the car is from 0-62 and the quarter mile in comparison to a lot of other cars.

Man...you guys and your cars. I'm not a car guy so this is what I'd own...Yamaha YZF-M1 their MotoGP bike. It would toast any of the cars listed in this thread with the right rider on a track.

2013-yamaha-factory-racing-motogp-yzr-m1-photo-gallery-11.jpg

Anyone who knows anything knows that any quick bike will take the equivalent car. Weight to power ratio is stupid high.

Anyone who knows anything knows that any quick bike will take the equivalent car. Weight to power ratio is stupid high.

Ridiculously high. Especially on these stupid MotoGP bikes. Their weight with a full tank of gas is in the neighborhood of 320lbs and they're pumping out like 230hp.

.....so......f-type coupe

Jaguar-F-Type-Coupe=-2_1.jpg

.....so......f-type coupe

Jaguar-F-Type-Coupe=-2_1.jpg

Mother of god.......

That's a stunning car. And the sound the supercharged inline 6 makes is godly. That's good taste, well done.

love top gear UK they are so funny. unlike the american fake version

he's got a Jaaagggggg.

Whenever I see someone standing on the side of the road I say "He's got a jaaaaaggg". I do love the new looks of the new XJ and XF.

The uk version is just as fake fwiw.

Completely agree. Top Gear UK is for sheer entertainment. If you want real inside on vehicles there's so many good youtube channels such as Drive and Evo TV that are ten folds better than Top Gear when it comes to useful information.

I do love Top Gear Uk though, but not for the "useful" reviews. FFS, they even make fun of the fact that what they do is pointless themselves.

Ferrari 550 Maranello

No idea why, but I love this ImageUploadedByTapatalk1389757061.066019.jpg

I think I'd take a fully loaded fully suped up 06 wrx sti impreza.

The new Toyota concept is looking pretty impressive. They're calling it a successor to the Supra. I call it a long time coming. To pick from currently available vehicles I'd have to pick the Tesla Model S. Since price is of no concern, I'll take the highest end one, please :)

Back