Titleist 714 AP2 Irons Review

Great review Jman! After lengthy debate, I shut down my order of the Ping s55's and went with these. For me the kicker was in the long irons (5-3) and I was hitting them much better and longer than the s55's. As a guy who can't hit a hybrid to save my life, I'm excited to get these out once the snow melts.

Thanks for all of the comments everyone, they really are appreciated.

This one was a lot of fun to get to do, I love branching out into new to me territories and these were definitely one of those....and they're SO GORGEOUS.

I thought this was posted from the home page. Epic fail on my behalf.

Jman! Bravo! Thanks to Titleist for allowing a review of these clubs. The added forgiveness is very appealing. Working the long irons is going to be a big attraction to those looking to maintain a more classic bag set up. I find it interesting the influx of the use of Tungsten across the golf. Or it could be that all the reviews here are finally sinking in. The looks of these! Love them. Price point is pretty much where I would expect them.

Id love to hear where these fit in with all the other iron sets you've reviewed and tested. I'm sure each one has its own special place, and each has something a little different then the next. It's has to be very difficult to sort a list of which club is better than the next one. I admire how you guys just get down to brass tacks and give us readers a clear point of view.

I wasnt a fan of the last AP2 model but I continue to give them a shot each time they come out in hopes of seeing something pop out at me that sets it apart from previous sets. I will give these a shot but it would take a lot for me to go for them since the price is higher than most other sets that seem to perform as well if not better.

Now that you have tested both, would you chose these over the mp54s?

Now that you have tested both, would you chose these over the mp54s?

Hawk is actually the one who tested the mp54's, I'm afraid I'm no help there.

great review james these are def on my must hit list as i look for new irons this year.

Fantastic review Jman. Your wordsmanship is always fantastic to read as your thoughts are always so clear.

I've had the pleasure to hit these multiple times, both inside and outside and I'm very impressed with their distance, workability, accuracy and forgiveness.

I wasnt a fan of the last AP2 model but I continue to give them a shot each time they come out in hopes of seeing something pop out at me that sets it apart from previous sets. I will give these a shot but it would take a lot for me to go for them since the price is higher than most other sets that seem to perform as well if not better.

i think these will surprise you dude. They sure surprised me. I was thoroughly impressed.

Excellent write-up, Jman. I haven't gamed Titleist irons since the 695cb (which I still love the looks of). These look great, and it sounds like some additional forgiveness and distance can be had. Definitely interested in trying them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Great write up Jman. Ive always liked the ap2's and these new seam very nice.

I'm loving the looks of these compared to the previous models for some reason.

I'm loving the looks of these compared to the previous models for some reason.

I'm with you man. I know they didn't change them a ton but whatever they did I like

Thanks for the great review James! I've always wanted to try these out - the newest iteration looks the best to my eyes.

I use AP2 710's which I freaking love. They look great, they perform great, they're greeeeeeeeat! If I was in the market for new clubs, these would be the biggest blip on my radar for sure!

Back