Xbox One and PS4 Systems

I can't wait until I can talk intelligently about how the XB1 performs. Hopefully there will be some at the PX come Wednesday.

Everybody is free to worry about whatever. I personally am just going by my experiences with the Xbox One, I'm not speculating on what things are going to be like in the future.

Both systems have memory set aside for their OS's. Unless changed by Microsoft or Sony, the amount of memory dedicated to games will not change. I guess I'm just not sure how a more complex game will have any effect on features within the OS of the console.

Microsoft's new structure is just the switch from EDRAM to ESRAM. ESRAM is a lot faster. The problem developers had for the launch games on the Xbox One was that Microsoft didn't finalize how much memory the developers could use until much later than Sony. They didn't have time to optimize for the Xbox One. There is a great article from the developers of Call of Duty on their struggles with the Xbox One's changing specs (memory allocation).

I'd love to read it.

Also, I'm not really sure how much the games will be impacted in the future either -- Purely speculation, I'm just relating the way a computer gets bogged down by multiple processes running.

I'd love to read it.

Also, I'm not really sure how much the games will be impacted in the future either -- Purely speculation, I'm just relating the way a computer gets bogged down by multiple processes running.

Here is the link to the article: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...all-of-duty-ghosts-dev-infinity-ward-responds

I understand what you are saying about PC's bogging down from too many applications/processes running. Consoles and PC's are different in that consoles have a certain amount of RAM dedicated to the OS. PC's can't do this as efficiently as consoles because every PC is different. With every single console having the the exact same spec's, Microsoft and Sony can allocate resources as they need them. I'm not 100% sure, but I remember reading that both the Xbox One and PS4 have around 3.5gb of RAM dedicated to their OS's/UI. The rest of the RAM is dedicated towards gaming.

Again, the above is just my understanding of this all, so I'm not 100% sure it's correct.

Sony paid for Saturday, overnight delivery, so I got my system back yesterday...but haven't turned the XO off to do anything but run the update. Maybe tomorrow.

My ID is 'Scropos' for both systems if anyone wants to add me.

I have both an Xbox and a PlayStation and don't use either one. Instead, I use Wii, and I am addicted to it almost as much as golf.

I have both an Xbox and a PlayStation and don't use either one. Instead, I use Wii, and I am addicted to it almost as much as golf.

i had wii and i couldn't get into it so i gave it to my parents my mom does zumba and my dad plays deer hunter at least someones getting enjoyment out of it.

After much deliberation (actually just confused my old brain more lol) I have decided to get the Xbone for christmas. I still worry about the failure issues I had with the 360 but gamestop will sell the extended coverage so I am going to give it a try.
Since I have PS3 I figure getting Xbone would be better for me and my son as we can put PS3 in his bedroom and Xbone in the living room.
Now just need to find one by christmas lol

Well I was keeping an eye out all weekend and was able to snatch up an Xbone from Walmart w/ guaranteed delivery by 12/20. Purchased NBA 2k14 and Forza 5 to go with it. I am still on the fence about which system to go with but I couldnt manager to snatch up a PS4 anywhere so if I can get my hands on one before my Xbone gets here I'll make my decision and just return one. I've kinda been leaning Xbone since I saw them both in action this past weekend, but still not fully committed. I just wanted to grab one while I had the chance.

Well I was keeping an eye out all weekend and was able to snatch up an Xbone from Walmart w/ guaranteed delivery by 12/20. Purchased NBA 2k14 and Forza 5 to go with it. I am still on the fence about which system to go with but I couldnt manager to snatch up a PS4 anywhere so if I can get my hands on one before my Xbone gets here I'll make my decision and just return one. I've kinda been leaning Xbone since I saw them both in action this past weekend, but still not fully committed. I just wanted to grab one while I had the chance.

It's such a tough call. Both have great potential this time around.

I will say, switching between PS4 and 360, I definitely prefer the new dualshock 4. Surprised at how much I like it. Finding it tough to play the same games between the two systems though.

i do think they are both gonna be great systems the best part for me is knowing they have barely scratched the surface on both systems and knowing all of the improvements that will be coming down the road to improve them both. i'm really looking foward to seeing if PS4 can get all of their old games on the cloud. i'd LOVE to play some old classics i grew up playing like twisted metal and mortal combat again

Amazon is showing the xbone as in stock, in case anybody has been looking for one.

PS4 up to 2.1 million units sold in two weeks.

PS4 up to 2.1 million units sold in two weeks.

I won't be buying either of these systems any time soon (if at all), but my local vapor store is right next to a GameStop. I noticed when passing by there two days ago that they had a sign claiming to guarantee delivery of a PS4 before xmas. I dojn't know how long that sign was/is out... but that might be worth calling on for anyone looking for this system

Add one more XB1 user to these forums. Broke down and snagged a Day One edition from Best Buy today. Should be here probably monday I am thinking

Hooked up the Xbox One, sort of wishing I left it in the box already lol. Its pretty cool, just not as quick to set up as I had hoped and a bit of learning curve with kinect and dealing with voice recognition.

Playstati

GameStop

GameStop

Playstation 4 available online now in bundles. I ordered xbox one for kids last week should deliver today. Will see with ice

Well Best Buy is apparently going to have PS4 and Xbone stock tomorrow morning. I was planning all week to go out a couple hours early and standing in line to grab a PS4. My brother even told me he would go along to wait in line with me to keep me company. Now ever the last few days I've looked to decide which games to get and the more I look the harder it is for me to decide which games to get because none of them really stand out to me as ones that would keep my attention. I'm starting to have second thoughts about getting either system now. As I look at the lineup of announced games there is nothing really worth playing until next summer. I keep hearing all kinds of bad things about Battlefield and COD bugs also so that pretty much eliminates those games. I just got my Christmas bonus so I've got the cash to buy one, but I'm just on the fence now as to whether I should go ahead and grab one or just get some more life out of my PS3 til next summer...

I've been thinking the same thing too. I may keep my PS3 until the next EA sports golf game is released in early 2015 since thats what I play the most.

I think I'm gonna go pick one up but I may not open it this weekend while I think it over. One of the ladies I work with wants one for her son so she said if I decide not to keep it she will take it off my hands. I just need a little more time to ponder. I wish Sony would have been developing Gran Tourismo for the PS4 instead of PS3. The only next gen game that has really stood out to me is Forza. It looks gorgeous and the sounds are amazing. But I decided I definitely want a PS4 over the Xbone.

IN, i havn't had any issues with COD bug wise i havn't played battlefield yet but i'll prob start the single player once i finish assassins creed i wanna trade it in and get another game prob need for speed.

I picked up a XB1 last night. I am liking it but the voice controls are bugging me. I can't get it to go into standby.

Tappin away

Just sold back cod for 40. Picked up the controller charging cradle and a 10 psn gift card

Just sold back cod for 40. Picked up the controller charging cradle and a 10 psn gift card

Haha I'm looking at selling assassins creed and if I don't like battlefield multiplayer once it gets straightened out as well. You still like need for speed

Haha I'm looking at selling assassins creed and if I don't like battlefield multiplayer once it gets straightened out as well. You still like need for speed

Yup. Haven't played it in a week or so because I've been playing Creed and bf4 the

Back