NEW 2014 Callaway Golf Balls - Speed Regime 1, 2, or 3 (based on swing speed)

BogeyMan60

Reaction score
Handicap
My Gut
I've seen bits and pieces of info on these balls around but haven't heard all the details on them. Do they have urethane covers and what differentiates each ball? Also, are they going to replace the Hex Chrome, Hex Chrome+, and Hex Black Tour balls? From what I can tell the SR2 would be the best for me but I'd like to have a go with all 3.

Someone at Golfsmith was telling me about them yesterday. He was given a sleeve of the SR ball (he said a different name but he wasn't sure). He said it's the best ball he's ever hit and plans to switch to them next season.

Can't wait to hear more info!

sent from The Note 3

Speed regime !

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I've hit them in florida in Sept not sure if we can speak to them yet or not

We will have full preview threads coming very soon. Lots of great info as THPers were some of the first to ever try these.

I can't wait to be able to get more.

As a fan of Callaway balls. Colour me intrigued.

We will have full preview threads coming very soon. Lots of great info as THPers were some of the first to ever try these.

I can't wait to get the info on these, granted I've only been playing just over a year now, I'd probably say Callaway balls are pretty much my favorites, especially considering I got my first and only birdie with a Hex Chrome.

NEW 2014 Callaway Golf Balls - Speed Regime 1, 2, or 3 (based on swing speed)

New for 2014 from Callaway, Speed Regime Golf Balls, all 4-piece, dual core, multi-layer, urethane cover, buy ball based on swing speed...see pics of prototypes (can this company hit any more home runs this year?)

Any idea on cost?

Nice! Easy to figure out which ball to bad as long as you know your swing speed. Plus, red, white and blue, just as they are doing for the Big Bertha lineup.

No, just got them about an hour ago. Thought you buys would want to see them. But I would guess they would end up retailing for for about $39...similar to what Bridgestone is doing. What's interesting is that the #1 ball, for moderate swing speeds is also a 4-piece....

Ponders ball testing...

Looking forward to hearing the reviewer take on these. Cost will be a key for me, but I love how the Chrome + feels and performs and if the new ball(s) are in that range or better then I'll be getting a box or two.

These are just prototypes by the way....but the barcode says "barcode for japan only"...so this might be close to what we see here in the states..

Also, the box says "made in the USA" - which I love!

They are their 2014 line.
There was already THP testing done at the Ultimate Club Testing several months ago.
Embargo has sort of been lifted, so fire away.
Full THP Preview coming soon.

There was already THP testing done at the Ultimate Club Testing several months ago.
Ah, I guess I missed that, only saw mention of the irons. My mistake.

I have to admit that I've not bought into the swing speed matching golf ball argument. I've been in the Titleist camp, where they demonstrate that there is less than 4 yards of difference between a ProV1 and their other balls. So I've always played the ProV1 which I love around the greens. But, as a guy that cuts the ball, the ProV1 spins more off the driver, and when it's really windy or I'm not swinging well this ball does not seem to suit me. But just when I feel like I'll switch to a slower swing speed ball I have a great round and stick with the ball (my best round with a ProV1 this year was a 77 at Goose Creek in Mira Loma, CA). I'll be interested to put the SR1 into play (I swing around 90 with the driver), it's raining today so I can't do much...

I wont get into the debate on which ball philosophy works, but I will say every company makes different compression golf balls and if there was no validity to it, they wouldnt.

Urethane cover and technique produce spin around the green. Every company out there that makes golf balls makes a high spinning golf ball.

I agree with you, there must be something to the compression argument. If Callaway can make a moderate swing speed ball that performs like a Hex Chrome off the tee and a ProV1 around the green then they may have come up with the perfect ball for me (to go with the perfect iron for me, the new Apex which I get on Monday!!!!!!)

They are their 2014 line.
Embargo has sort of been lifted, so fire away.
Full THP Preview coming soon.

I can't wait to hear more, I like options based on swing speed, athletic swing speed here I come!

I can't wait to hear more, I like options based on swing speed, athletic swing speed here I come!

Same here. I like the Chrome quite a bit, but the B330-RX is my go-to ball. So I'm super interested in these.

So my question on swing speed dependent balls, do you fit them to your driver swing speed or a different club? I'm between 105 and 115 with a driver, but considerably slower with my irons. If I get one based on my driver swing, in theory would I be hitting the wrong ball for my irons?

Overall, very intrigued by this new lineup, can't wait to see what THP has to say about it.

So my question on swing speed dependent balls, do you fit them to your driver swing speed or a different club? I'm between 105 and 115 with a driver, but considerably slower with my irons. If I get one based on my driver swing, in theory would I be hitting the wrong ball for my irons?

Overall, very intrigued by this new lineup, can't wait to see what THP has to say about it.

I was told you fit to driver swing speed, so you would use the Speed Regime #3 (which I don't have, I just got a sleeve of the #1 and #2)....

All based on driver swing speed.

Back