Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Preview

Beautiful club! I'm hoping the BB alpha works better for me because it is just plain awesome!

Is is 2/14/14 yet. Damn I really could use
back_to_the_future_delorean.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I love pics Ryan, that thing looks amazing!

Nice Ryan. That thing had better be in my hands once this week. Haha. Love the pics.

Hawk or Jb do you know?

Just an educated guess, but I have to figure it's a real deal shaft at that price point. Can find out for you and let you know for sure in the next couple days.

It's deeper, but nothing extreme.

based on image of hawk holding the club head, it doesnt appear to be a deep face

Certainly deeper than the RFE, but maybe not quite like the Classic. Similar to the SLDR it looks like to me. Either way cannot wait to swing this. Real deal shaft for sure!

This is definitely looking like the driver I'll be hitting come 2016...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Callaway just posted a picture of Phil's backup and it has "Pro" on hosel. Any info?

Callaway just posted a picture of Phil's backup and it has "Pro" on hosel. Any info?

They're talking to R&D at Callaway right now. Post that question up in #TheGrandaddy live update thread.

I spent some time with the alpha today. My current driver tips a Xhot pro 8.5 with Miyazaki 5x. The fitting today I had the Alpha 9.0 tuned -1 with the weights standard, gravity core low. Fubuki K60 shaft. I was producing 168 mph ball speeds with 13 degrees of launch. The energy off the face of this club is staggering. 280 carry is a realistic number and that was at ECPC where all the staff was saying you 10 yards here based on sea level and alway a slight wind into your face.

I spent some time with the alpha today. My current driver tips a Xhot pro 8.5 with Miyazaki 5x. The fitting today I had the Alpha 9.0 tuned -1 with the weights standard, gravity core low. Fubuki K60 shaft. I was producing 168 mph ball speeds with 13 degrees of launch. The energy off the face of this club is staggering. 280 carry is a realistic number and that was at ECPC where all the staff was saying you 10 yards here based on sea level and alway a slight wind into your face.
LOVE reading this, and something JB alluded to last week. I CAN NOT wait to hit this (and the other one too!).

If I didnt want to hit this thing already. Staggering numbers.

Oh my. 280 yards carry, and could be 10 yards longer? Yikes. How does that compare to your Xhot?

What..... The ........ Hell.......

Now that's just cool, love the soft colors and lines. Very pleasing to the eye.

Oh my. 280 yards carry, and could be 10 yards longer? Yikes. How does that compare to your Xhot?
It's about 15 yards longer, with a much tighter shot pattern. Consistency with the Bertha Alpha was extremely impressive.

It's about 15 yards longer, with a much tighter shot pattern. Consistency with the Bertha Alpha was extremely impressive.

Well that sounds pretty fun :D

The key to best playing experience with Bertha vs Bertha Alpha and all the clubs on the market. Check the ego, get fit, interact with your fitter. A good fitter knows what works.

Adjustability in clubs is nice, but you have to have the right foundation to adjust from

The key to best playing experience with Bertha vs Bertha Alpha and all the clubs on the market. Check the ego, get fit, interact with your fitter. A good fitter knows what works.

Adjustability in clubs is nice, but you have to have the right foundation to adjust from

sounds like someone who just had an eye opening experience.

sounds like someone who just had an eye opening experience.
I will tell you I had never had one before, and to have access to who we were with yesterday. Eye opening and jaw dropping!

I will tell you I had never had one before, and to have access to who we were with yesterday. Eye opening and jaw dropping!

can't wait to hear more about it man. So happy for you.

I can't wait to see how these clubs perform for you guys. I've never had a fitting, but the changes you guys saw are really kinda cool. Definitely gonna want to get a fitting next year.

Back