Status
Not open for further replies.
Here we go brad....lol

Jon Morosi@jonmorosi9m
Indians have talked with reps for free agent starter Jason Hammel, source says. @FOXSports1

7-8 with a 4.97 era in 2013 just what we need

Well, that was short lived

Buster Olney@Buster_ESPN44s
Jason Hammel's price went up, so the Indians are looking elsewhere. Cleveland could wait longer to see what develops in starting pitching.

• Yankees GM Brian Cashman spoke to several reporters today, including MLB.com's Bryan Hoch, and noted that he's been in contact with the agents for Mark Reynoldsand Boone Logan (Twitter link).
  • Hoch also tweets that the Yanks are receiving many calls on Brett Gardner but aren't shopping him. Cashman said he didn't sign Jacoby Ellsbury to trade Gardner.
  • The Star-Ledger's Andy McCullough tweets that in addition to Gardner, the Yanks have received calls on Ivan Nova, Gary Sanchez and J.R. Murphy (Twitter link).
  • Cashman also said that Michael Pineda is healthy and will compete for a rotation spot in Spring Training (Mark Feinsand of the New York Daily News tweeting).
  • Hoch adds that Cashman thinks it will be easier to sign a free agent pitcher than to work out a trade for rotation help.

Wow, Angels traded Trumbo

D-Backs To Acquire Trumbo In Three-Team Trade With Angels, White Sox

The hevaily rumored three-team trade between the Angels, Diamondbacks and White Sox has been completed, a source tells Nick Piecoro of the Arizona Republic. Mark Trumbo and a pair of players to be named later will head to the Diamondbacks, Adam Eaton will join the White Sox and Hector Santiago and Tyler Skaggs are headed to the Angels

Wow. That's a huge trade. Saw a rumor today that the Indians may be making a move to acquire David Price....

Wow. That's a huge trade. Saw a rumor today that the Indians may be making a move to acquire David Price....

Thats crazy talk

What are the Angles doing..........WTF?

Shedding payroll from the looks of it. Glad my phone didn't auto correct shedding.

Shedding payroll from the looks of it. Glad my phone didn't auto correct shedding.

This has nothing to do with shedding payroll (Trumbo was only set to make roughly 3-4 Mill). This is all about getting two young starting pitchers, one who is ready for the big leagues and another who is a top prospect. This is a great move for the Angels and there are a ton of fans that could not be happier. For three years of Trumbo, they essentially locked up 10 years of pitcher control.

This has nothing to do with shedding payroll (Trumbo was only set to make roughly 3-4 Mill). This is all about getting two young starting pitchers, one who is ready for the big leagues and another who is a top prospect. This is a great move for the Angels and there are a ton of fans that could not be happier. For three years of Trumbo, they essentially locked up 10 years of pitcher control.

I stand corrected, I thought he was making more.

If the pitchers work out, then you are right - great deal for the Angels.

What are the Angles doing..........WTF?
They turned a low avg / big HR guy into two starting pitchers. Seems like a really good deal for them to me.

So they get rid of their leading HR and RBI hitter? They plan on winning their AL games 2-1 now for next year?

So they get rid of their leading HR and RBI hitter? They plan on winning their AL games 2-1 now for next year?
Pujols, Hamilton, Trout, Freese, Kendrick, etc. They've got a lot of hitting.

Pujols, Hamilton, Trout, Freese, Kendrick, etc. They've got a lot of hitting.

Just was stating a fact that he led the team in both categories last year. No doubt the Angles need pitching. The pen was terrible last year. As a Ranger fan I'm glad to see him gone!

Just was stating a fact that he led the team in both categories last year. No doubt the Angles need pitching. The pen was terrible last year. As a Ranger fan I'm glad to see him gone!
No worries, I'm a Dodgers fan so I'm a mostly innocent bystander...just hanging around the MLB thread waiting for the final word on which of the 4 outfielders gets traded, where to and if we somehow can get a real 3B back in return.

Dbacks have made $3Mil offer to Joba

Dang it I was hoping the Tribe wold get Anderson

Source: #Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from #Athletics for Drew Pomeranz and Chris Jensen.

Basically they dealt from a position of strength and got what they needed. With only three SP on the roster they needed arms and these two young guys have some serious potential. Last year the issue wasn't scoring runs it was pitching and it has been addressed with this trade, the signing of Smith and with the $ saved perhaps a free agent in the near future. Weaver-Wilson-Richards-Garza/Tanaka-Santiago with Skaggs in AAA would be a huge rotation upgrade.

Dang it I was hoping the Tribe wold get Anderson

Source: #Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from #Athletics for Drew Pomeranz and Chris Jensen.
Even worse, Anderson goes from being a fantasy sleeper to DTM (dead to me) in Colorado.

Mariners add another piece

The Mariners will sign Corey Hart to a one-year deal, according to Jon Heyman of CBS Sports (Twitter link). Hart is represented by CAA Sports.

If it is indeed true that the Yankees turned down a Gardner for Phillips trade they are really dumb. They then are trying to low-ball Infante now as well.

Phillies are about to sign Fausto Carmona aka Roberto Hernandez

Yankees offered Infante 3 years 24 mil. Apparently he is looking for 4 yers 40 mil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back