Nordic biathlon is probably my favorite Winter Olympic sport to watch, but I'll watch pretty much everything for Winter Olympics, hockey especially. Always a little surprised at how much more flowing and entertaining international hockey is than NHL.

Prior to Vancouver 2010 I wasn't into anything except Men's Ice Hockey but the massive party that took place here 4 years ago was astounding. I mean it was truly nuts and it got me into all kinds of the events. I know it won't be the same on TV but I'll watch as much as I can I think.

I love to watch the Olympics but get annoyed by events that are determined by judges rather than some measurable criteria like goals or time.

It does not seem as bad as it once was but events (I hesitate to say sports) like figure skating are sometimes decided by judges with some prejudice.

Also, some of these events seem to dominate the TV coverage.

Every 4 years for the Winter Olympics for me is like the World Cup for the big soccer countries like Wester Europe and South America, it is the largest stage in the world.

Love hockey obviously, but also a huge mogul and downhill ski fan, also find short track speed skating exciting.

Please tell me I'm not the only one looking forward to the Winter Olympics.

Do you watch the Winter Olympics?
What's your favorite event and why?

My favorite event is probably the downhill skiing or superG.
Those events are the best covered.
I also like Hockey, luge, and bobsledding.

Love the Winter Olympics! Actually, like it better than the summer games.

I love to watch hockey, curling (who knew it could be so exciting) bobsledding, and I really like the biathlon as well.

Can't wait for Sochi!

You are not the only one, I love watching the winter olympics!

Do you watch the Winter Olympics? As much as possible (Same for the Summer)
What's your favorite event and why? Hockey 1st but a close second is curling! I fell in love with it during the last winter games. And the US Curling squad just got in.

I'm looking forward to it. I'm no die-hard, but enjoy watching the Olympics for things you don't see so often (curling, skiing, speed skating--even that cross country ski and shooting thing is kind of cool). One of my favorite places to visit is Lake Placid, NY, home of the 1932 and 1980 Winter Olympics. I will be up there for a few days between Christmas and New Years, and am curious for the Olympic buzz that no doubt will be taking over the town shortly.

Love the winter Olympics. My favorite event is the ski jumping.
I have always wanted to try it(though I never will) because I think it's about as close to flying and anyone can come.

I like to watch the bobsledding, all skiing, and snowboarding, I never got into hockey for some reason, figure skating is pretty cool too.

I love the Olympics in general but winter is my favorite. Love the bobsled and skiing and snowboarding especially. Plus being from flat and hot Florida it is cool to see the mountains and snow (but be warm at home doing it).

:act-up:I love the downhill skiing and cross country,,, so so many great events. I know the summer games are the anchor for the Olympic sports..but the winter games is so so thrilling,,

I love the Olympics in general but winter is my favorite. Love the bobsled and skiing and snowboarding especially. Plus being from flat and hot Florida it is cool to see the mountains and snow (but be warm at home doing it).

You would have to add in the Florida warm at home thing..geezzz..look guys

I'm all about the summer Olympics. Love watching swimming!

I LOVE the Winter Olympics! I try to watch as much as I can. I really enjoy watching curling (Canadian women's team anyone?) and hockey. I grew to love biathlon while I was living abroad, so I still watch that when it's on. I can't imagine how hard it is to shoot straight after skiing all that way.

Do you watch the Winter Olympics?
What's your favorite event and why?
Winter > Summer by about 1000%
Downhill, Bobsled, Luge, and Hockey (dangerous stuff)

Winter > Summer by about 1000%
Downhill, Bobsled, Luge, and Hockey (dangerous stuff)
Do they still do the Skeleton? The one that's basically luge, but you go head-first? LOVE that stuff.

Love the Winter Olympics. Hockey is one of my favorites but I also really enjoy Biathalon Luge and Skeleton. I did the skeleton once and was amazed at how awesome that feeling is.

Love Winter Olympics. My favorite is probably the short track speed skating. That's as fast as it gets. Let alone when it's a relay and there's a dozen people in a big jumbled up mess.

Awesome

I love watching the Winter Olympics, and I guess with my new adoptive home, I may actually see some good medals won LOL

YES YES YES!!!! I'm a huge fan of any and all to do with the Olympics. Winter, Summer, Trials, I watch it ALL. I watch as many hours as is humanly possible, and DVR the rest and watch it later. I love all the events, but my faves are probably hockey, bobsleigh (not bobsled, apparently those guy get huffy if you call it bobsled) and I love to watch the freestyle skiing, where they go up the ramp and flip around in the air, awesome. There's actually 12 new events at the winter games this year. Mostly relays and team structures of current events. I think the parallel snowboard slalom looks cool, and finally the woman get to ski jump. I'd love to see the event called Crashed Ice become an official event, its basically like downhill skiing but on ice skates. Wicked!! I love the opening and closing ceremony, it's some of my favorite viewing for the Games. I've always loved the look of the medals. 50 days 18 hours and counting, cant wait.

I am always amazed watching the xc skiing and biathalon. I get winded after a few practice swings :) and they have to do all that

I am always amazed watching the xc skiing and biathalon. I get winded after a few practice swings :) and they have to do all that
I also love watching the biathlon - I was in the rifle team at university and would struggle getting the accuracy they have after just walking on the range: those guys do it after skiiing 2 - 2.5 Km flat out. They're all amazing athletes.

A very cool ski jumping video!

skijump.gif

Back