Forum Testing Signup - Hopkins Golf Balls

Big thanks to Hopkins and THP for this opportunity, weather won't let me, but I've already picked up a dozen and can't wait to get them to the course and chime in here!

1. What golf balls are you currently playing? Srixon Q star. Now that it's colder trying the Wilson duo.

2. What do you look for in a golf ball? Feel and some spin.

3. What price point do you like in your golf balls? $25-35

swing your swing

1. What golf balls are you currently playing? Titleist Pro V1s
2. What do you look for in a golf ball? Feel and performance
3. What price point do you like in your golf balls? Under $40 would be ideal

I'd really like to try these out, but not sure I could do ball testing justice on an indoor monitor most of the time. Better wait closer to spring. Thanks THP and Hopkins Golf.

I would love to test these out especiall with my Hopkins wedge.

1) Chome and Chrome +
2) Feel off wedge and sound off putter
3) $29 to $35 range.

Thanks very much for the possible opportunity.

Thanks THP and Hopkins. Looking forward to feedback from the testers.

Gonna sit this one out as I just ordered a dozen to test out on my own. Thanks to Hopkins Golf and THP for another great testing opportunity.

Another great opportunity here!

1. What golf balls are you currently playing? Srixon Q-Star

2. What do you look for in a golf ball? Straight off the tee and ability to stop quickly on greens

3. What price point do you like in your golf balls? Will not pay over $20/dozen

Another great one this week, thanks Hopkins and THP!

1. What golf balls are you currently playing? Varies, most recent gamers are Bridgestone E6 and Srixon AD333.

2. What do you look for in a golf ball? Love that soft feel off wedges and on the green. I'm happy to give up distance for more control, both in the wind and on/around the green.

3. What price point do you like in your golf balls? I probably wouldn't consider paying more than £20 per dozen on a semi-regular basis. Maybe I'd spend more occasionally on balls at a higher price point if they performed and also kept for good tracks in great weather...special occasion balls right?!

1) Bridgestone B330-RX
2) Max distance
3) Up to $3 per ball ($36/dozen)

What a great opportunity! good luck to those selected...I'm out with so much snow on the ground this year

1. What golf balls are you currently playing?
2. What do you look for in a golf ball?
3. What price point do you like in your golf balls?

1. Bridgestone E6

2. Anything to reduce side spin off the driver. I also prefer a ball that I can get to check when hit into greens with short irons and wedges. The E6 does a good job but I have to allow for the rollout. The E6 has a nice muted click off the putter and I like that sound. Durability is also pretty important since I have started to cut down on the amount of balls I'm losing.

3. I won't pay more than $30 per dozen and try to stay in the $2.00 per ball price range. While I've cut down on losing balls the idea of dunking or hitting a $4.00 ball into the woods just doesn't sit right with me.

Thank you THP & Hopkins Golf for this opportunity.

Thanks Hopkins and THP! I've been thinking really hard about putting these in the bag!

1. What golf balls are you currently playing? Bridgestone e6
2. What do you look for in a golf ball? The best balance between price and performance for my slower swing speed
3. What price point do you like in your golf balls? the $26 price tag for the Bridgestones is just about the limit of what I'm willing to pay to match quality with the thought of losing a ball or two a round

1. What golf balls are you currently playing? Bridgestone B330-RX or e6
2. What do you look for in a golf ball? ​A soft feel with a decent amount of spin for soft landings on the green
3. What price point do you like in your golf balls? I'm okay with paying top dollar for a B330 or Pro v1 for tournaments or pre tournament rounds, but I'll stick with $25-30 balls for normal rounds.

Awesome opportunity from THP and Hopkins Golf!

1. What golf balls are you currently playing?
For the majority of the season I played the Srixon Z-Star SL tour yellow.
I tend to lose a lot of golf balls so I look for the highest performing ball I can find at a good price. I started out playing the e5 because they offered a urethene cover under $30 a dozen. I then switched to the Z-star when the prices fell. I really enjoyed the SL for my slower swing speed.
I have played $45 per dozen B330-RX but everytime I lost a ball all I could think about was the price! I gravitate towards anything in the $25-30 range.

8-10 THPers will make another awesome testing review thread. Thanks THP and Hopkins!

1. What golf balls are you currently playing? Usual gamer is B330s
2. What do you look for in a golf ball? Solid (but not too firm) feel, control on approach shots and shots around the green
3. What price point do you like in your golf balls? Preferably $3/ball or less, but I'll pay more for the right ball.

Another really cool opportunity...thanks Hopkins and THP.

1. The sleeves currently in my bag that l'm gaming are Bridgestone RXS & RX, HexChrome+ and Black, and Srixon Z Star XV. When my swing is particularly sideways I will play the e6 and Gamer2.

2. I look for as much approach shot spin as I can get while still playing safely (i.e., straight) from the tee. After that feel, distance and durability come into play. I like it if the ball comes in yellow. Finally, the ball must be within my price point - I don't think I've ever paid full price.

3. $30ish is my price point. If the price starts with a 2 I'm pretty much reaching for my wallet.

Last edited:
These Hopkins golf balls look like a great value. Unfortunately I will have to keep myself from testing, but I'm really looking forward to this. I love the 50* wedge I have and if the balls are on par with others at the $30-35 price point, it'll be a hit!

Man! I wish I waited to order mine. Going to have to pass, plus I don't think testing it in a indoor facility is going to give me/THP the right feedback that this deserves. Looking forward to hearing all the feedback!

1. What golf balls are you currently playing? Bridgestone E6
2. What do you look for in a golf ball? Initially (reason for E6) was to help straighten out drives and longer shots. I am now to the point with my swing that I have gotten much straighter off the tee and the longer shots that I am looking for more control around the green.
3. What price point do you like in your golf balls? I have been spending $27/ dozen for the E6, but anywhere in the $20-35 range would be good for me if the ball helps my performance. Don't really look at the premium (>$40/dozen) as I can still loose a few from time to time.

Thanks to Hopkins golf and THP for this opportunity for the lucky few that get to put these balls through there paces.

1. What golf balls are you currently playing? Callaway Black Tours

I want low spin off the tee but a soft feel on the putter.

I want to pay the best I Can. I wish a ball that worked for me was only $12 a dozen!

Thanks to THP and Hopkins for offering this.

1. What golf balls are you currently playing? Currently this winter, Bridgestone Lady Precepts, but during the Summer its Titleist Prov1x

2. What do you look for in a golf ball? Straight off the tee and control around the greens.

3. What price point do you like in your golf balls? I prefer to be in the $20-$30 per dozen range.

Already ordered a dozen so I'll refrain for others but will certainly share my thoughts. Haven't shown up yet.

1. What golf balls are you currently playing? Bridgestone e-6, b330, Srixon Z Star
2. What do you look for in a golf ball? Distance & Feel
3. What price point do you like in your golf balls? $25-$35 a dozen, usually buy used since I have issues keeping balls in play sometimes.

Thanks to Hopkins and THP for the opportunity.

Back