Callaway Speed Regime Golf Balls Preview - SR1 SR2 & SR3

I'm right around 102-103 and I saw better results with the SR3. The SR2 just wanted to go all over the place for me. Everyone's swing is different and puts different action on the ball, but that was my experience with the two.
Hmm...my swing speed is right in line with yours, and I was convinced I'd try the SR2. Now I might want to try the SR3 too.

Hmm...my swing speed is right in line with yours, and I was convinced I'd try the SR2. Now I might want to try the SR3 too.

Try both. If you get some SR3s and don't like them, you can send them to me.

At 50 bucks a dozen, I just don't think I could justify it. I'm definitely excited to hear how they respond for their respective markets, and I'm always intrigued by clever and snazzy marketing.

Due yourself a favor and try both.

I really like the swing speed optimized balls and like it even more that it's not just due to compression but to aerodynamics as well. I really want to put an SR3 head to head against hex black, chrome+ and my current premium gamer, TM Lethals. If it can out-perform lethals then I'd switch in a heartbeat.

Great idea though Bridgestone has been pushing it for years. the price point seems a bit high especally for the under 90mph but i will give them a try

Excited to try the sr2 after watching Callaway Talks! I need to catch up on the thoughts from the Grandaddy crew an those who were at ultimate club testing.

Chrome+ is my gamer but I'm intrigued about the SR2 and SR3 writeup and feedback. Will definitely buy a sleeve of each model.

I will be picking up a box of SR1's when available to try out

I definitely plan on trying the SR2's when they come out. Very intrigued by these.

Our Callaway rep gave me a sleeve of the SR3's last month. I played two rounds with them then gave away the remaining 2 i had left. It was an ok ball in my opinion but i honestly believe the chrome+ is a better ball.

Sent from my N9100 using Tapatalk now Free

I was able to get out and play 9 at lunch today so I tested the SR2 vs the SR3. On drives, definitely a softer feel of the 2, but the 3 was around 7 yards longer each time. On full iron shots, not as much of a difference in feel, but, again, the 3 was longer for me by about 3 yards. Off the wedges, similar reactions, a little more spin for me with the 3. I actually hit a half five iron off hard pan dirt with the 3 and it hit in the first third of the green, flew toward the back third and just stopped DEAD!!! Off HARDPAN!!! Wow! My favorite part of the 3 was the feel off the putter! Not clicky, not hard, just plush!!! Great ball. Again, it may be too expensive for me in the long run, but with my 110-111 swing speed , the 3 is a better choice.

Do they come in different colors or just white. I like the technology. Price point may be a deterrent, I will have to see what they go for in the stores.

Our Callaway rep gave me a sleeve of the SR3's last month. I played two rounds with them then gave away the remaining 2 i had left. It was an ok ball in my opinion but i honestly believe the chrome+ is a better ball.

I think SR2 would be closer to both the Chrome+ and the ProV1(in terms of feel).

Do they come in different colors or just white. I like the technology. Price point may be a deterrent, I will have to see what they go for in the stores.

Not that we were told.

I was able to get out and play 9 at lunch today so I tested the SR2 vs the SR3. On drives, definitely a softer feel of the 2, but the 3 was around 7 yards longer each time. On full iron shots, not as much of a difference in feel, but, again, the 3 was longer for me by about 3 yards. Off the wedges, similar reactions, a little more spin for me with the 3. I actually hit a half five iron off hard pan dirt with the 3 and it hit in the first third of the green, flew toward the back third and just stopped DEAD!!! Off HARDPAN!!! Wow! My favorite part of the 3 was the feel off the putter! Not clicky, not hard, just plush!!! Great ball. Again, it may be too expensive for me in the long run, but with my 110-111 swing speed , the 3 is a better choice.

Really liking the sound of this, as I'm around the same swing speed. These will definitely get a shot, just might have to look for sales.

I think SR2 would be closer to both the Chrome+ and the ProV1(in terms of feel).

Not that we were told.

Feel was a little firm with the SR3, it felt marginally softer than a hex black. I'm sure you are probably right about the SR2 being closer to the chrome+ in feel. For me though i did not see any real difference in performance over the chrome+ to warrant the higher price. I'm sure there will be plenty of people that will enjoy the SR series but i think it will be though for Callaway to really compete against titleist at that price point. I believe that's what made the chrome series such a hit for Callaway, a tour level ball that performed on every shot but was significantly cheaper than a pro v1.

If you price a golf ball at less money, it is viewed by the masses as an inferior product.
Its not even debatable at this point. Look at how the Chrome was viewed last year.
And I am not sure I would classify the Chrome as a "hit" for Callaway.
Just my opinion though, and has nothing to do with the performance, because the ball line was quite good.

If you price a golf ball at less money, it is viewed by the masses as an inferior product.
Its not even debatable at this point. Look at how the Chrome was viewed last year.
Just my opinion though, and has nothing to do with the performance, because the ball line was quite good.

I have to agree with you here. I thought the Chrome+ performed as well as the premium priced balls--it just didn't have the price tag to go along with it.

I understand your point. I didnt really pay attention to the online consensus of the chrome series this past year. I'm just reaching my conclusion from the feedback golfers that play at my club or purchase from my store. I'm sure there were plenty of people that did not care for the chrome series but it had to be enough of a success for Callaway to keep making the chrome series. Just my opinion.

I understand your point. I didnt really pay attention to the online consensus of the chrome series this past year. I'm just reaching my conclusion from the feedback golfers that play at my club or purchase from my store. I'm sure there were plenty of people that did not care for the chrome series but it had to be enough of a success for Callaway to keep making the chrome series. Just my opinion.

They aren't going to continue making the Chrome series. They are switching to the SR series. The Chrome series will remain in line as of now but not necessarily because of high sales and continued production.

Isn't "lift" in a ball the result of backspin? Increasing "lift" w/o increasing drag? Interesting approach to describing the design.

They aren't going to continue making the Chrome series. They are switching to the SR series. The Chrome series will remain in line as of now but not necessarily because of high sales and continued production.

Ok, the Callaway rep had told me that the chrome series would continue to be produced. Guess i got some bad info.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk

I played the SR3 for 4 holes again today, after my range session. The wind was blowing about 15-20. I played one par 4 downwind, two with wind right to left, then one into the wind. The four drives were 289, 322, 327, 291. The first drive was the only of the four I didn't get it on the screws, came off low on the face. Again, I love the feel off the full iron shots and the spin and grab is exceptional. As far as distance, 290 into the teeth of the wind with no balloon?! I may have to start saving for these bad boys!!!!

Really looking forward to exploring this line. Over the last year plus I've been playing Callaway balls exclusively. I love both the Black & the Chrome +, but absolutely chew them up with my wedges. They are durable, but if the SR series is getting higher durability marks, that is worth the extra cost to me. In theory my SS right at 100 doesn't warrant the SR3, but for some reason I really loved the Black. Keep it up Callaway!

Really like what I'm reading about the SR2 and 3 series Callaway ball. I really like the Chrome +, and if the SR2 is in the same price point (or close) but feel and preforms better, I'd have no problem gaming that. On the other side, I'd rather play a better ball, like the SR3 and if it's priced right, then I'll do that instead.

Back