CC info stolen from Target

tequila4kapp

Tom Watson called to say “Hi”
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
USGA 13.5
Ouch. Thanks for the heads up. My girlfriend frequents Target

Apparently those hackers have good aim...cause they hit their TARGET.

...Too soon??

I kid of course. In all seriousness, this is an appalling breach and possibly a result of some overlooked security protocols by Target. Hope any of you who happen to be involved get through this without any ill effects.

40 million potential affected customers...ouch.

Well, this sucks. I definitely bought things often from them during this timeframe.

Not something I wanted to worry about.

Ditto for me. Have had my identity stolen once before, and would prefer to not have to re-live that experience.

I know both Nerfny and I bought stuff at Target on Black Friday.

balls.... i bet my wife did as well.

thanks for the heads' up t4k

Thankfully all the credit card companies will cover any fraud, its a headache yes but you will not be help liable financially.

Thanks for the head's up.

My wife called her CC company. They said to monitor it but if you havent seen anything hit your CC yet, chances are you are okay.

been trying to access my account online all day and either it's just getting pounded by everyone, or it's something else, but haven't been able to review yet to see if anyone has taken advantage

Thanks for the heads up. I will be checking just in case. The wife likes to frequent target a lot.

Impact of a security breach.
pu3ygytu.jpg

Just searched statement from my credit card and thankfully I didn't make any purchases there... bad new for TARGET

Ouchie for Target. I go there often, I'll keep my eyes open.

I know at least 5 or 6 people who have had their CC info stolen recently. Me and my fiancee included.

Ive seen cases where when this happens the companies foots the bill for those impacted to have free credit monitoring. Guessing they dont want to venture that route due to the number of people impacted

Ive seen cases where when this happens the companies foots the bill for those impacted to have free credit monitoring. Guessing they dont want to venture that route due to the number of people impacted

I got a letter last week from my health insurance company that one of their laptops was stolen and it had my info on it so they gave me a year free of credit monitoring.

I got a letter last week from my health insurance company that one of their laptops was stolen and it had my info on it so they gave me a year free of credit monitoring.

yep!

Working at GE I saw once a case where the info impacted was WAY bigger than the Target issue and they sent letters to every single person they could offering to pay for the service.

My wife shops there all the time, 40 million transactions could just be referring to my account because that sounds like the number of times she used my card there between those dates, everyone else is probably safe.

Happens all the time really. Target is funding credit checks and you can expect some great sales there shortly. Get some cash ready ?

Target CEO announced today that everyone gets employee pricing this weekend. 10% off. Not sure if red card members get a combined 15% off or not.

We shop at super target all the time. Get 70-80% of our groceries and everything. So far no charges against our red debit card.

From what I've read the red debit cards were least impacted of the bunch.

Target CEO announced today that everyone gets employee pricing this weekend. 10% off. Not sure if red card members get a combined 15% off or not.

We shop at super target all the time. Get 70-80% of our groceries and everything. So far no charges against our red debit card.

From what I've read the red debit cards were least impacted of the bunch.

Plus they are offering free credit monitoring. ...must have read my post

Back