NHL 2013-2014 Season

I will say this though, from the angle they showed from the opposite end of the ice, when Wilson started making strides, Schenn was still side to. I feel it's suspendible for sure, but I feel Schenn put himself in an extremely vulnerable position, mind you 3 feet from the boards is bad enough, he then turns last second.

and theres the other problem players know they can't get hit when they are that far off the boards i've seen guys skate to that area because i think they know they can't get hit anymore.... its really a double edged sword to a point but i guess they will always error on the side of safety to the players.

My boss is from Canada and just like him you people have issues. There is more to life than hockey lol

how_i_feel_waiting_for_my_roommate_to_leave_for_the_weekend-14449.gif

and theres the other problem players know they can't get hit when they are that far off the boards i've seen guys skate to that area because i think they know they can't get hit anymore.... its really a double edged sword to a point but i guess they will always error on the side of safety to the players.

I agree about the double edge sword comment for sure, best way of describing it.

I remember a time when guys would stick close to the boards and just put the puck in their feet, take the hit and keep skating. Now, everyone trues to make a cute play and get fancy near the boards, putting themselves in some extremely dangerous positions.

My boss is from Canada and just like him you people have issues. There is more to life than hockey lol

you have never been that wrong

i'm also disgusted by my girl Elisha Cuthbert marrying Dion! i didn't care for him much before i learned this and now i really don't like him! i also was sad when i saw another 2 ex flyers flurishing in another town. i wish we never got rid of lupul.

I am belly laughing here. So my SVP who runs Canada and I had a bet this year on who would have the most growth. I won so he has to buy my Glass tickets to a Sharks game of my choice. If i lost I owed him Habs tickets. Good thing I am a better sales-manger.

I am belly laughing here. So my SVP who runs Canada and I had a bet this year on who would have the most growth. I won so he has to buy my Glass tickets to a Sharks game of my choice. If i lost I owed him Habs tickets. Good thing I am a better sales-manger.

hehe They are expensive but i can hook you up with some good habs tickets if you want, I know a few people with season tickets

How about the hawks?

Tapatalkin it in on my iPhone 4S

I will say this though, from the angle they showed from the opposite end of the ice, when Wilson started making strides, Schenn was still side to. I feel it's suspendible for sure, but I feel Schenn put himself in an extremely vulnerable position, mind you 3 feet from the boards is bad enough, he then turns last second.

Well, the real issue is that Wilson charged him from the neutral zone. Kid came in like a bullet, no wonder Schenn doesn't see him until it's way too late and his only reaction is "oh ****" and then the reflex. If that's a "standard" body check, delivered at a less-than-bullet-like-velocity there's no issue. The issue is the charge.

Well, the real issue is that Wilson charged him from the neutral zone. Kid came in like a bullet, no wonder Schenn doesn't see him until it's way too late and his only reaction is "oh ****" and then the reflex. If that's a "standard" body check, delivered at a less-than-bullet-like-velocity there's no issue. The issue is the charge.

My thoughts exactly. Starting the video youre wondering who lays the hit.......and then it all makes sense lol

He made the wrong reaction though. It takes a hit that is a boarding major, into a hit that may lead to one of the largest suspensions we this year. How much of that plays into the decision being made by the league regarding suspension length?

He made the wrong reaction though. It takes a hit that is a boarding major, into a hit that may lead to one of the largest suspensions we this year. How much of that plays into the decision being made by the league regarding suspension length?

We see players turning their back to draw majors all the time, but the vast majority of them know they're gonna get hit. On those incidents you can pin some blame on the player getting hit for sure but this is a completely different ballpark.

Sorry, I can't blame Schenn for making that turn. For all he knows he's gonna get kabonged in the head and the way Wilson charges into the hit means it's gonna be a bad hit either way. Totally reckless and zero respect for his fellow player (not that respect has ever been much of a part of the NHL as much as people like the pretend).

Edit: at the speed Wilson comes in, even if Schenn doesn't turn, it's quite likely that he doesn't catch him in shoulder (ie in the head) or that he launches Schenn into the board with his head first anyways.

We see players turning their back to draw majors all the time, but the vast majority of them know they're gonna get hit. On those incidents you can pin some blame on the player getting hit for sure but this is a completely different ballpark.

Sorry, I can't blame Schenn for making that turn. For all he knows he's gonna get kabonged in the head and the way Wilson charges into the hit means it's gonna be a bad hit either way. Totally reckless and zero respect for his fellow player (not that respect has ever been much of a part of the NHL as much as people like the pretend).

I'm not taking any of the blame away from Wilson. Rather you can't blame Schenn or not, the reality is that as a player you are responsible for yourself and protecting yourself. I don't disagree that Wilson was reckless and have never stated that I'm on Wilson's side. Schenn made the wrong play for the situation, as reckless as it was. He put himself in the worst possible position at the last min.

My point being that I think they should only look at the hit as the charge and boarding, not the front behind aspect. That's just my view anyways from playing hockey and teaching at hockey schools and hitting clinics. The first thing kids are taught is to have their head up and protect themselves no matter the situation and in this case I don't believe Schenn made the right decision for protecting himself.

Love it. Admittedly, I think if Pittsburgh were in the western conference they'd be bruisers, but against East Coast teams they've had problems being flexed on, going back to at least last season.

You saying that the Pens would do better if they were in the west?

Love it. Admittedly, I think if Pittsburgh were in the western conference they'd be bruisers, but against East Coast teams they've had problems being flexed on, going back to at least last season.

They're 20-8-1 against the East......seems pretty good to me. They're also 5-2 vs the West. Almost exactly the same win %.

A 5-2 record could be very misleading. You gotta check for home/road, catching teams on b2b's etc.

Like Dec. 23 or April 11th against the Avs? I'll be in an Avs sweater but I will buy the beers :D

And i'm not even going to ask what "growth" you measured.

No supplemental discipline for Wilson for his hit on Schenn, wow.

And once again I officially have no idea which hits are allowed and which are not.

Join the club. You think they gave him the benefit of the doubt because he's a rookie?

Back