Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hit a sldr again today. Goodgoogamooga I annihilate that driver. With it set at 12° with fade bias Max I was hitting 330 yards on sim with 1.5 yards off center line to the right.

Hit a sldr again today. Goodgoogamooga I annihilate that driver. With it set at 12° with fade bias Max I was hitting 330 yards on sim with 1.5 yards off center line to the right.
How are you not posting in the What Did I Buy Today thread?

X-Hot 10.5 R Flex. Thinking a lot about this driver lately, and wondering how much more forgiving it is than my R1. Even so far as to let my hoarding tendencies take over and trading the R1 for one, just to try it out.

Sounds better and looks better for sure. Will probably spin a little more. At least it does for me. I found the R1 was really good with high toe misses. X-Hot is probably the most all-around forgiving driver for me though.

Sounds better and looks better for sure. Will probably spin a little more. At least it does for me. I found the R1 was really good with high toe misses. X-Hot is probably the most all-around forgiving driver for me though.

Thanks, man. I don't think the extra spin would be bad for me at all, and my big miss is on the heel, which I've found the R1 still helps me out with quite a bit. But with as inconsistent as my swing still is at this point, I could use all the firgiveness I can find.

For me, a little more spin is a good thing for sure.

Range Finder or GPS Watch.

GPS watch without question. Cheaper and quicker.

I haven't pulled out my rangefinder (Z6) in at least my last 6 rounds. Having front/middle/back and a few hazards on the watch is sufficient for my game.

I'm kind of with Hawk on this one. I have a GPS watch now, and have been considering adding a Range Finder as well. I have a Garmin S3, which is great, and I really like it, but there's always a distance I want (to a tree, a trap, a hazard, etc.) that it doesn't give me.

If you're only getting one, I'd say the watch. The efficiency of having front, middle, and back distances right on your wrist was a game changer for me.

Seeing all the various offers on existing gear and new gear that is either out or coming out soon.....it is hard to decide on any one particular thing....driver....woods...irons....putter... :beat-up:

I'm kind of with Hawk on this one. I have a GPS watch now, and have been considering adding a Range Finder as well. I have a Garmin S3, which is great, and I really like it, but there's always a distance I want (to a tree, a trap, a hazard, etc.) that it doesn't give me.

If you're only getting one, I'd say the watch. The efficiency of having front, middle, and back distances right on your wrist was a game changer for me.

Definitely agree with the last two sentences.

I do like having the rangefinder for courses that don't have hazards mapped, or for shots inside 100.

Definitely agree with the last two sentences.

I do like having the rangefinder for courses that don't have hazards mapped, or for shots inside 100.

I asked for a GPS watch for Xmas. I liked having both and needed a new gps

I am with a lot of you guys. I want a GPS watch to compliment my rangefinder. Thinking the Neo X but is the S3 any good?

Does wearing the watch during a round bother any of you guys. I've been thinking about getting one as well.

I believe I have the Neo X coming for Xmas. I debated between GPS and range finder a lot and decided the simplicity of the gps watch would work better for me. Time will tell...

Does wearing the watch during a round bother any of you guys. I've been thinking about getting one as well.

It do me. I wanted a gps watch for the easy use aspect. However, I can not wear a watch and play. Maybe mental but it doesn't work for me. I talked my gf into a u pro for x mas.. heard good and bad reviews but for the price I couldn't say no...

Not at all and not exaggerating. I just don't notice it at all. It stays perfectly in place.

I have literally never even noticed I am wearing it. Thought it would bother me, but it really doesnt

I am with a lot of you guys. I want a GPS watch to compliment my rangefinder. Thinking the Neo X but is the S3 any good?

If you can find a deal on it the S2 is pretty amazing and a good bit cheaper if you can do without the touch screen.

Not at all and not exaggerating. I just don't notice it at all. It stays perfectly in place.

What if you swing a lot harder than you currently do? Do you think the watch would affect your swing then or otherwise get in the way?

Asking for a friend.

I always have a watch on my wrist when playing anyway so a GPS watch wouldn't bother me as long as it fits nicely and isn't moving around

What if you swing a lot harder than you currently do? Do you think the watch would affect your swing then or otherwise get in the way?

Asking for a friend.

I hope you get shingles.

Doesn't bother me. Took a few rounds to get used to it initially, but like others said, I don't even know it's there.

If you can find a deal on it the S2 is pretty amazing and a good bit cheaper if you can do without the touch screen.
I agree with this. I barely use the touch screen/green view/drag the pin option and I'm not sure what else the S3 has that the S2 doesn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back