DFW & Surrounding Area Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shakey, it was great meeting you today. I had a great time, even though it was my worst round this year. Looking forward to teeing it up with you again. Gonna look into getting a push cart as well. It was a pain in the ass with cart path only today. Plus i could use the exercise.

I enjoyed it to. Its nice to know there's someone local to golf woth. Especially when it gets warmer & the days are long enough to play afterwork during the week.

And yeah, you probably walked further than Cookie & I did with our push carts.

Played 18 at da club with Swiftflow today. Cold! The weather but not that dude's game... he was dropping some bombs out there. A couple that would have gotten him bonus XP on Tiger Woods :D

Anyone playing the 24th or the 26th? Looking like nice weather and work should be *dead* this week

Played 18 at da club with Swiftflow today. Cold! The weather but not that dude's game... he was dropping some bombs out there. A couple that would have gotten him bonus XP on Tiger Woods :D

Anyone playing the 24th or the 26th? Looking like nice weather and work should be *dead* this week

I can play Thursday if it's on the Dallas side of the metroplex.

Ideal Golfer is at it again, I'm buying 2!

A Special THANK YOU from iDealGolfer!

iDealGolfer is excited to bring you this holiday special worth a lot of jingle! Purchase $20 of credit for only $10 to be used on our website toward future deals! $10 Credits, buys another $10 FREE! What a steal!

From iDealGolfer, we are rewarding YOU THE CUSTOMER as a special holiday treat! We want to offer you the option to Buy One, Get One FREE on our site!! This credit will not expire and can be applied toward any future deal we might present to you!! Reduce your costs on the course--EVEN MORE--by taking advantage of this great special!

Ideal Golfer is at it again, I'm buying 2!

A Special THANK YOU from iDealGolfer!

iDealGolfer is excited to bring you this holiday special worth a lot of jingle! Purchase $20 of credit for only $10 to be used on our website toward future deals! $10 Credits, buys another $10 FREE! What a steal!

From iDealGolfer, we are rewarding YOU THE CUSTOMER as a special holiday treat! We want to offer you the option to Buy One, Get One FREE on our site!! This credit will not expire and can be applied toward any future deal we might present to you!! Reduce your costs on the course--EVEN MORE--by taking advantage of this great special!

I just picked up two myself. Thanks for saying something about it Cookie. I would have missed this without your shout out.

Heading back home. Hope you fellas have a safe and joyous Christmas. Catch up with you guys when I get back.

Safe travels Andrew, have a great Christmas man.

So a couple of us have taken advantage of the Edwin Watts stores locally in DFW going out of business sale (thanks to Josh for telling me about it). currently its 20% off the lowest price. So I was able to grab the Amp cell set (already discounted because Bio cell coming out) for another 20% off.

Likely after Christmas it will be 30% or more off--so time to grab gloves, grips, clothes and other generally overpriced items that you can get a great deal on. The store I went buy had Balls on 15% off but they were getting real low on ball selection.

They are even selling the furniture and tools/machines from the shop.

Heading back home. Hope you fellas have a safe and joyous Christmas. Catch up with you guys when I get back.

Safe travels Andrew. See you when you get back. Merry Christmas.

I'm gonna sell a 'ahina 72 shaft from. Titleist 910 driver. Stiff flex, any idea what it might go for?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

So a couple of us have taken advantage of the Edwin Watts stores locally in DFW going out of business sale (thanks to Josh for telling me about it). currently its 20% off the lowest price. So I was able to grab the Amp cell set (already discounted because Bio cell coming out) for another 20% off.

Likely after Christmas it will be 30% or more off--so time to grab gloves, grips, clothes and other generally overpriced items that you can get a great deal on. The store I went buy had Balls on 15% off but they were getting real low on ball selection.

They are even selling the furniture and tools/machines from the shop.
The one in Allen still had a decent selection of balls when I was there Saturday, but that has probably changed by now. I'm planning to go back and hit all of the local ones after xmas for various things. they should be marking things down again soon... maybe in a couple days maybe in a couple weeks. and keep in mind that they aren't ordering new inventory so it's only what is left. I picked up a set of speedblades, and now they only have one set left a the allen store. I think I will stock up on my favorite grips, gloves, things like that. hard to beat 30% off

I'm gonna sell a 'ahina 72 shaft from. Titleist 910 driver. Stiff flex, any idea what it might go for?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

When looking at true price, I always search the already sold items in eBay to see what people are paying rather than just listings--will give you the price point that others will pay. I know that whether its market place or a local shop--I always see what eBay is doing with them to get true estimate.

Looking to play Friday, 12/27
Pecan Valley River
11AM tee time

Anyone interested?

Capt'n Dru sent me over here to introduce myself. 35 married male from Wichita Falls, Tx. RN working in a level II trauma ED. Play ps4 and cook competitive BBQ along with various other activities.

Capt'n Dru sent me over here to introduce myself. 35 married male from Wichita Falls, Tx. RN working in a level II trauma ED. Play ps4 and cook competitive BBQ along with various other activities.

welcome to THP and to the DFW thread :D

Looking to play Friday, 12/27
Pecan Valley River
11AM tee time

Anyone interested?
do you ever play anywhere else? ;)

I'm interested, but just like last week it's going to depend on work. It is supposed to be dead, with most people on vacation... but I learned my lesson last week committing prematurely.

do you ever play anywhere else? ;)

I'm interested, but just like last week it's going to depend on work. It is supposed to be dead, with most people on vacation... but I learned my lesson last week committing prematurely.

I will play about anywhere but when I am setting up the plans this is one of the few courses I'm aware of that is both affordable and in very good shape. Throw out some ideas baldly. :)

Rumor has it he is afraid of Grapevine:D

Tough track.

heh well I'm still a golf noob. I've played maybe a dozen courses, and almost all of those are on the north and east sides of town. I'm not afraid of pecan valley, I really enjoyed that one when we played. It's just so far :)

I'm fine with driving, and really the distance won't affect my ability to get away on Friday. So it's whatevs... I'll know more soon

Smoked prime rib!
ybynejy3.jpg

Should be ready in about 2.5hrs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back