Bluetooth Speakers For Golf

I'm already liking it better than the one I gave her! LOL!

My dad got a jambox from the Att store when he got my mom a new phone. Looks like I have a new Bluetooth speaker without having to spend my own $$. It's not bad at all. I like the sound link mini better but free is good

My dad got a jambox from the Att store when he got my mom a new phone. Looks like I have a new Bluetooth speaker without having to spend my own $$. It's not bad at all. I like the sound link mini better but free is good
Free is nice! Which Jambox did he get? Full size or mini?

Free is nice! Which Jambox did he get? Full size or mini?

Mini. My dad is easily talked into things. For example, we went to the mall and he bought 2 things from those Kiosks. I guess the guy gave him a deal on it. I think it will be nice for my apartment since its pretty small, and good on the golf course

We received this as a gift, UE - Ultimate Ears. A Bluetooth speaker weighing about 1lb and in various colors. The battery lasts 15 hours and provides 360* sound reaching up to 50'. From what I can tell it can be used with Apple devices. Not sure about Android devices, although fine print states smartphones.

Sound is great with volume control by phone. Definitely can be used for home audio as well.

Cost on package is 199.00

Some in hand pictures...
http://i965.photobucket.com/albums/...8-9E25-4BAA-A3D0-A178D277CBC1_zpsqbrprhzw.jpg

http://i965.photobucket.com/albums/...2-A7A5-421E-8C37-B3D8AEFD1275_zpsqsi0f6pr.jpg

http://i965.photobucket.com/albums/...0-0B7D-4E68-B7B1-9E9FCF4D6EED_zpss9wekgrj.jpg

Last edited:
That UE Ultimate Ears is really good sounding. I was highly impressed with how good it sounded. And it will/should work with pretty much any stereo Bluetooth enabled device.

I listened to one of the UEs at BestBuy the other day... I was really impressed! The JBLs sounded really good too... especially the Charge.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

For Christmas I got my wife an Amazon Basics Bluetooth speaker. I am actually really impressed with it. At $60 it is about the cheapest option I found, considering that I think the sound quality is excellent.

For Christmas I got my wife an Amazon Basics Bluetooth speaker. I am actually really impressed with it. At $60 it is about the cheapest option I found, considering that I think the sound quality is excellent.
Depending on the usage, cheaper isnt a bad option. I believe the one I bought a year or so ago was around $50 and it was the house brand from Best buy, Rocketfish. Sound is not great, doesnt wow me by any means, but battery life is incredible and it works. Just needed something to work, at the time. Now, I want bigger and better.

My bluetooth are not for the cart so this is a little off base, but i have the LG tone bluetooth headset and I wear it when practicing. It does help me from getting distracted on the range

Erica got me the little Bose one after I mentioned CA. Never really wanted or expected it, so a nice surprise. Sounds good, but I'm no connoisseur. Like that I can control volume with the phone, though I assume they all do that?

So far I'm just using it around the house and in my practice area.

Erica got me the little Bose one after I mentioned CA. Never really wanted or expected it, so a nice surprise. Sounds good, but I'm no connoisseur. Like that I can control volume with the phone, though I assume they all do that?

So far I'm just using it around the house and in my practice area.
I do believe most will sync with your volume control on your phone. Nice feature to have, for sure.

The Braven 570s preformed very well. They are about the size of the little Jambox and sound similar. Hard to compare without being side-by-side, but I'd say the braves sound a little better and have more bass than I recall the small Jambox having. Not as much as the large Jambox though.

Benefit of braven over Bose and Jambox is that they can be found at better price points since they are less known. For half the price of the small Jambox, the 570 is a great buy I think.

http://www.braven.com/braven-570-wireless-bluetooth-speaker.html

Shame it's hard to find them in a store to demo.

We received this as a gift, UE - Ultimate Ears. A Bluetooth speaker weighing about 1lb and in various colors. The battery lasts 15 hours and provides 360* sound reaching up to 50'. From what I can tell it can be used with Apple devices. Not sure about Android devices, although fine print states smartphones.

Sound is great with volume control by phone. Definitely can be used for home audio as well.

Cost on package is 199.00

Some in hand pictures...
http://i965.photobucket.com/albums/...8-9E25-4BAA-A3D0-A178D277CBC1_zpsqbrprhzw.jpg

http://i965.photobucket.com/albums/...2-A7A5-421E-8C37-B3D8AEFD1275_zpsqsi0f6pr.jpg

http://i965.photobucket.com/albums/...0-0B7D-4E68-B7B1-9E9FCF4D6EED_zpss9wekgrj.jpg

I believe I read in the reviews is you can download the app and sync 2 of them together and use them as right and left speakers.

Also has anyone seen/heard the puma sound chuck?

Keep Calm and Golf On.

I believe I read in the reviews is you can download the app and sync 2 of them together and use them as right and left speakers.

Also has anyone seen/heard the puma sound chuck?

Keep Calm and Golf On.

That is correct we ended up getting two of these. Loving the sound!

More and more people are purchasing them every day for golf. Why not have a completely impartial test done to see which ones make the cut is my thought behind it.

I know you and Morgan have been really busy, but was curious if you had any idea/plan for when the results of the testing would be available? I'm really interested in your findings, as I'm in the market for some speakers, and would love to get some THP insights into which ones are the best value prior to purchasing. I have no idea how long a test like this takes, but was hoping to have something purchased before the Adams event (for the unofficial rounds at least), and wondered if we'd hear anything before that.

I have the Big Jambox and I love it. Music sounds good, charge lasts for a couple days of conference calls and music during the workday. Interested in this roundup as I would like to have a smaller speaker for the course with excellent sound quality.

I know you and Morgan have been really busy, but was curious if you had any idea/plan for when the results of the testing would be available? I'm really interested in your findings, as I'm in the market for some speakers, and would love to get some THP insights into which ones are the best value prior to purchasing. I have no idea how long a test like this takes, but was hoping to have something purchased before the Adams event (for the unofficial rounds at least), and wondered if we'd hear anything before that.

As soon as I get over the flu testing will begin. We have about 15 speakers to update results on.

Looking forward to that. Of course sound quality is important, but durability is up there as well with these being used outdoors and on a cart.

I use the Sharkk Bluetooth speaker. Small, fits in a cup holder and is inexpensive. Good sound quality and easy to connect to my iphone.

41tZh2c%2BSnL._SY300_.jpg

These were a Black Friday deal at our local Walmart. I picked up one for my golfing buddy and one for my wife. After hearing how awesome it sounds, I went out and picked one up for me. There are still a few at our local Walmart.

The sound is also.
It is inexpensive.
Pretty Rugged.
Very Small.
Carbine hook placed on the side makes a great way to carry on the bag.

I use the Sharkk Bluetooth speaker. Small, fits in a cup holder and is inexpensive. Good sound quality and easy to connect to my iphone.

41tZh2c%2BSnL._SY300_.jpg
Fitting into a cup holder on my clic gear or cart sounds like a great idea or size for a speaker, I'll have to remember that for my next one!

Fitting into a cup holder on my clic gear or cart sounds like a great idea or size for a speaker, I'll have to remember that for my next one!

Speaker is on top too, so sound doesn't get muffled.

I had posted this in another thread, but i will back the guys on here telling you to try a ue boom

I bought one of these and really like it.

UE Boom.

17Logitech_UE_Boom_35764841_620x433.jpg

Basically it's the size of a 16oz can of beer. It give you 360 degrees of quality sound. I compared it to the beats pill, and bose mini soundlink, and IMO this one sounds better AND is louder. Since it's the size of a beer can it fits perfectly in any cupholder. There is also a lanyard on the bottom, so you can hang it from your golf bag if you were walking. They claim the battery life last for 15 hours... maybe if you have the volume really low. It went through 50% of its charge during an 18 hole round last year... dare i say you could try 27 holes.

The cool thinig is that if you buy 2 you can daisy chain them together with the app. They can then both play the same sound, or in stereo. The bluetooth works over a very long range, and up to 8 people can link to the device at once (you just have to hit pause and then someone else plays from the bluetooth device)

it'll cost you from $150-$200 depending on where you go, but well worth the money... i'm looking to acquire a second one for parties.

oh, and you don't have to go with the funky colors... i have the black/red model...​

My daughter's Braven 570s sound great despite being very compact. The rubberized ones would be great for this application. Not one for music while playing, but if I was, one of these would be it. Looking forward to the review...for the beach/pool :)

http://www.braven.com/speakers

Back